It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unknown Creature Captured

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Earlier today me and a friend discovered a worm like creature swimming up a current that was going about 15-20 mph, I'm going to post a description...

It is roughly 1 inch long a semi transparrent metallic white flesh color, with brownish-blackish stripes that end in what seem to be retractable spikes. It has a needle like horn that retracts from what we think is the head, it seem to be aquatic as it swims by 'kicking' with what we think is its tail. When we first saw it it was climbing a branch by using its spikes for grip *Similar to how ice climbers use their pics*. It has around 8 rows of spikes on all sides, with about 6 spikes per row. No visible eyes, limbless, and seems to like the band Nickle-Back. After we caught it, we were observing it in my room, and it was 'kicking' to the beat of the drums on the song. It also seems to be intelligent, because we have been observing it trying to find a weak spot in the jar we caught it in. It keeps 'head-butting' the jar in the same place. We called 3-4 pet stores, and a conservation center and none of them could ID it...

We will post pictures as soon as my mother gets back with my camera, we might even have a few videos... untill then please help us find out what this creature is...

P.S. - We found it in a river by some debris that was washed in by recent flooding.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Post a drawing in the mean time?

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
sounds like you caught yourself a leech.

en.wikipedia.org...

but if it isn't I look forward to the pictures.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Incredibly bizzare
wont judge till pictures are up though, cant wait

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Incredibly bizzare
wont judge till pictures are up though, cant wait

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
1 inch long swimming 15-20 mph?LOL its either you are a bad judge of speed or this is a hoax.The fastest human only runs 27 mph.Was it the current or the creature going this fast?You be the judge.

[edit on 8-7-2008 by alienstar]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Darxide

It'd be easier to ID if you could draw something up for us while you wait for the camera. Nothing too fancy is needed, MS paint will do. Does the creature look like this?

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darxide
No visible eyes, limbless, and seems to like the band Nickle-Back. After we caught it, we were observing it in my room, and it was 'kicking' to the beat of the drums on the song. It also seems to be intelligent.

1. If this thing likes Nickelback then I advise you get the hell away from it and forget you ever saw it. It is not of this world and is best not to be tampered with, lest it inspire their next song.

2. intelligent/(likes nickelback) = undefined

You can't divide by zero, it's that simple, this thing is dumber than the rocks you found it near.

[edit on 8-7-2008 by Parabol]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
What region/country/climate? those are important to know if you want us to search for you.

"a river" does doesnt cut it.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Parabol
1. If this thing likes Nickelback then I advise you get the hell away from it and forget you ever saw it. It is not of this world and is best not to be tampered with, lest it inspire their next song.

2. intelligent/(likes nickelback) = undefined

You can't divide by zero, it's that simple, this thing is dumber than the rocks you found it near.

[edit on 8-7-2008 by Parabol]

As a huge Floyd and Tool fan, I liked you before I even read your post. Now I like you even more. Frig that was some funny stuff. Although I have found one hole in your logic, though. Songs of the kind that are released by Nickelback both require and contain no inspiration whatsoever. In fact they are completely void of all inspiration.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
"Unknown Creature Captured!"

Jesus. Makes it sound like he just caught some colosul monstrosity marauding through modern day eutopia. In reality its some half arsed swimming worm in a pond. Jesus man

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Come on...how can people actually think this is real?It beat its head off the jar to the sound of drums?This is a HOAX.

"After we caught it, we were observing it in my room, and it was 'kicking' to the beat of the drums on the song. It also seems to be intelligent, because we have been observing it trying to find a weak spot in the jar we caught it in. It keeps 'head-butting' the jar in the same place" HOAX

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Parabol

I agree completely.... lol, good stuff.

Anyhow, I'll be waiting for the pictures, before I make any type of conclusion, but I'm sure there is a reasonable explanation for all of this.

Nickelback is to music what graffiti is to art.

Peace out guys.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Darxide

if its a new speices what will you call it ?

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I agree, either the poster was doing a prank, or been bitten by the creature and now the poster is in its control.

I don't know but for pictures it took to long for the creature to survive, that's for sure, it probably wanted to escape that jar for oxygen.

->Edit for spelling

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Anyone noticed he hasnt replied?

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Ok sorry been away from a computer for a while but I have some pictures and some very bad drawings of it...

Hope those can help I know their not very good but my camera is a piece of #... oh and as for climate and stuff. It's in Illinois I think a branch off of the Sangamon river... and it was the current that was going 15-20 mph

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Your pics are huge, blurry and un-viewable. Try and take some pics that are in focus. As for the drawing, it seems to be some sort of caterpillar, however I have yet to find anything that resembles it.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Hi.

Perhaps it was try to cave it's own head in,rather than listen Nickleback any longer!

Try "Angel Of Death" by Slayer,and see if the little sucker can keep up with the beat on that one!

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
It's rare that someone actually produces pictures they promise. They are however horribly out of focus, and at this stage my guess would be something random like the common silkworm (Bombyx mori)... Please take some clearer pictures, even if it means getting it from relative distance. Thanks.

<<   2 >>

join