It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Cars in California Must Display Global Warming Score

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   

OAKLAND, Calif. -- California is making it mandatory for cars to be labeled with global warming scores, figures that take into account emissions from vehicle use and fuel production.
The law requiring the labels goes into effect at the start of next year for all 2009 model cars, though its expected the labels will be popping up on cars in the coming months.
The labeling law forces cars for sale to display a global warming score, on a scale of one to 10, which is based on how vehicles in the same model year compare to one another. The higher the score, the cleaner a car is. The score takes into account emissions related to production of fuel for each vehicle as well as the direct emissions from vehicles.
The score will be displayed next to the already-required smog score, which also rates cars one to 10 for how many smog-forming emissions they emit. For both scores, an average vehicle will have a score of five.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
What will California NOT do in the name of Al Gore's global warming. When will people realize this is a scam to make money? The EU is going to put a price on emissions, and do what with the money? Buy some carbon credits? New York is to follow suit, I just cant believe that people are buying into this.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Yeah! That'll save the planet

How about labels for the legislators and think tanks that come up with these ideas (funded by the taxpayers usually), telling us all how much breathable air they are taking from us all and exhaling as carbon dioxide, thus building up the greenhouse gases that will doom us all?

Honestly, a cursory internet search of most motoring websites and manufacturer sites will tell a potential buyer the necessary information regarding CO2 emissions and mpg. we are not all as dumb as they may be.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
It is a good idea. people will stop destroying the earth and polluting the sky. if all cars have to display that more people will use less oil and the planet might get saved. don't be so cynical!

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
What is next.... labeling volcanoes?

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Interesting.

Just when MSM and most other groups who discuss "global warming" are now calling it "climate change".
Perhaps the CA lawmakers should catch up with current jargon before they try to legislate.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Global warming is a scam. There are environmental problems sure, like Monsanto and their GM crops, Exxon spilling oil and not cleaning it up, etc, but man-made climate change is just a scam.

www.petitionproject.org...

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I do not think that CO2 is the only or even most damaging chemical made in the combustion process. All this thing probably is going to achieve - creating a new bureaucratic heaven in which car companies will pay their own "carbon tax", not that legal though.
P.S.
Cows in California will be also tagged accordingly? I suggest "Buy milk only from grade 10 cows" campaign!

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
P.S.
Cows in California will be also tagged accordingly? I suggest "Buy milk only from grade 10 cows" campaign!

Hey if that is the scam they want to run, I would buy grade 10 milk just because its funny! But seriously now, are cows not suppose to be the #1 cause of this global warming?

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Is there anyway to buy the stickers if you're not in Cali?
I have no idea what my cars GW score is, But I really really want a 1

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
No big suprise,I've lived in So Calif all my life seems everything is being taxed,too many laws on books,and if you want to drive off road have to have a grren sticker on your vehicle,after much thought I am moving to Arizona,with the profit I made off one of my houses I can pay cash for 3 there,so goodbye Calif,used to be a great place to live

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
Interesting.

Just when MSM and most other groups who discuss "global warming" are now calling it "climate change".

That term actually well predates the current time. The GOP advisors (Luntz et al) were pushing this term years ago. They thought it was more fluffy than 'global warming' and would scare the american people less leading them to ignore the science. However, the IPCC has been around for 20 years now.

It's not anything new.

new topics

top topics

join