It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South West England PLEASE read!! strange pulsing lights...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I have just been out to see a friend and on my way home i have seen some strange lights pulsing in the sky....similiar to falk lightning on the horizon but more of a neon style blue pulse! if that makes sense

i live in Plymouth and the time was about 20 mins ago.....its still going though....so between 23:30 - onwards!

its been coming from different directions... i have seen 2 flashes south as if over the sea....couple from the west and one which sent a pulse across the sky from sw to ne direction! it also seems to be happening more frequently as the evening goes on!

im pretty certain this is not lighting as there are not many clouds in the sky....and their not the type to cause thunder or lightning!

if anyone is in the south west or knows of something that might be happening please let me know!

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
It could be earthquake lights perhaps? Maybe an earthquake is about to happen soon? I hope not, but...

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
[edit on 2-7-2008 by The-Brown-One]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Hi to all.

I'm currently with Tom (the brown one) and have seen everything which he has just described.

I'm not going to rule out some kind of electrical storm at this point, but for the moment this is strange enough to make just a little apprehensive.

Ialso saw what I would describe as blue-white pulses or flashes going across the sky. Again, as Tom said, there are hardly any clouds in the sky and at one point I saw a flash which seemed to emminate from an area of clear sky.

I could, and still can see stars and the flashes continue.

Like I say, this is strange enough to have me intrigued and If anyone in the area has seen it too, please describe what you are seeing.

If anyone else has any ideea what this might be, we'd apprciate the input cause we're perplexed!

Again, I know this sounds like its lightening but I haven't seen anything exactly like this before, its quite strange.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Chonx

The aurora activity is at a very low level at the moment. It's currently at level 2 (of 10).

The energy in the northern lights oval right now

The energy in the southern lights oval right now

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a couple of pictures or a nice steady video would be nice

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Hey guys, thanks for the replies.

We've just been hanging out the window with a camera and we managed to film a flash.

It has been raining a little and there were a couple of claps of thunder but the strangness continues. A couple of flashes directly above made a strange noise not anything like thunder and which happened exactly the same time as the flash, no delay. It sounded like a fiz or sizzle type sound but very loud.

We're looking for a data cable to upload the vid and trying to get some pics as its still happening.

might just be lightening but not like I've seen before....

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
ok guys were going to try take a slightly better video and then we shall transfer it through the wii
lol....dont have data cable!

nintendo........bless its soul!

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Ok, a big thunderstorm just went overhead and there was a fair amount of fork lightening and thunder so I'd say its fair to conclude thats what we've been seeing.

I'm still a little confused by the flashes before the storm arrived, especially the one which seemed to come from clear sky.

If nothing else we got some cool shots of the lightening which i'll try to get up asap.

cheers guys!

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I can see the thunderstorm on this satellite animation (2.5 mb). The loop is going to update itself, so it'll be visible for just a short time. Right now, you can see a spiraling storm system coming down from NW.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

Thanks for that hullmut, nice looking storm, put on quite a show.

still a bit confused about the action early on, seemed pretty odd, gonna read up on thunderstorms i think.

hopefully get the pics up soon.

thanks again.

top topics

join