It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

King Kong may have been real?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
www.cryptomundo.com...

I do believe that there was an actual King Kong loose out there in an island. Perhaps, the book and the films are true. is there anyone else out there who's a fan of KONG? or believe that he actually existed back in the 1800's. just wondering. Discuss.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
There are humans which are abornormally large so why not so for gorillas?

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
1. There arent humans that are 20 meters tall.
2. It is physically impossible for an organism to become so large, based on our current skeleton physiology and gravity.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Well I doubt humans could be so big, but animals are another story. I'm not an expert on Hogzilla, but he was bigger than the average boar.

Maybe even dragons were real back because someone saw an over-sized Komodo dragon.

I don't know, but there is always possibilities.

[edited for spelling]

[edit on 3-7-2008 by UnforgiveableSin]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Thain Esh Kelch

Not exactly true, some organisms are quite large.

The Blue whale is believed to be the largest animal ever to have lived on Earth. The largest known dinosaur of the Mesozoic era was the Argentinosaurus, which is estimated to have weighed up to 90 tonnes (100 short tons). There is some uncertainty as to the biggest Blue whale ever found. Most data comes from Blue whales killed in Antarctic waters during the first half of the twentieth century and was collected by whalers not well-versed in standard zoological measurement techniques. The longest whales ever recorded were two females measuring 33.6 m and 33.3 m (110 ft 3 in and 109 ft 3 in) respectively. However, there are some disputes over the reliability of these measurements. The longest whales measured by scientists at the American National Marine Mammal Laboratory (NMML) was 29.9 m long (98 ft) — about the same length as a Boeing 737 airplane or three double-decker buses.

www.sheppardsoftware.com...

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnforgiveableSin
Well I doubt humans could be so big, but animals are another story. I'm not an expert on Hogzilla, but he was bigger than the average boar. Wales are massive creatures, why not a giant gorilla?

Whales can grow so large because the water supports them. Beached whales are absolutely helpless, they can be scant feet from the water and cannot move at all.

A mutant, giant gorilla is entirely possible. A 20 meter gorilla is pushing even the realm of possibility.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I'm sorry but that makes no sense. The only reason they are helpless is because they live in the water and have adapted to it and only it. They are not land creatures. Thats obvious, but they don't grow so large because the ocean is vast. That would be absurd. A shark should be as huge as a whale then and everything else that lives in the seas. Just because an area is big enough doesn't effect its mass.

top topics

join