It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is anyone else paranoid?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
In the l;ast few months, I have heard the following things come to pass:

• Congress starts hearings on border control (Ramos & Compean).

• Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, and California start enforcing the border themselves.

• Congress demands end to Mexican Trucker Pilot Program.

• Supreme Court reinstates habeas corpus.

• Oklahoma stops pandering to illegal immigrants.

• Oklahoma (along with a few other states) declares 'sovereignty'.

• Oklahoma reverses course on a bill to finance the Trans-Continental Highway.

• Texas tones down plans for the Trans-Continental Highway.

• Montana threatens secession if guns are banned.

• Supreme Court strikes down DC gun ban; upholds 2nd Amendment.

• Texas man who shot two burglars escapes indictment.

• Hillary Clinton is defeated in her bid for President.

All of these are good things, coming from the dire center of corruption in the United States. The border control issue is a bastion of corruption that is jeopardizing our economy by bogging it down with a slave class of non-citizens. It also places those who are trying to protect us from terrorist infiltration in dire threat of prosecution from those they are trying to protect.

The SPP/NAFTA/NAU is an obvious attempt to remove American sovereignty from the continent and place the American people at the whim of a third world country even more corrupt than ours (Mexico).

The oil prices are the final wail of a self-destructing economy, a blow that cannot be recovered from. The only way to fix this is to regulate the speculation of oil, a proposal which is constantly hidden from the citizenry in favor of miniscule tax breaks, false supply/demand issues, and complaints about profits which are far far removed from 'obscene'.

It looks like we are finally getting back on track. It looks like we are getting actual leadership from those eggheads sitting in Congress. It looks like we may survive after all.

That's what worries me.

Maybe I have seen too much corruption in my lifetime. Maybe I have become overly cynical. But somehow, things seem to be going too well?

Is anyone else getting this sinking feeling that the calm waters are little more than camouflage for the iceberg?

Feel free to tell me I'm paranoid. Please?

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I don't think i'm really qualified to tell you whether or not your paranoid or not.

I've been there, i explored the dark and ominous depths, and it changed me forever, and some could say for the worse.

My advice to you is to deal with anxiety, if you have any, before you even think about dealing with paranoia.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Tyrant

Anxiety is not the concern here. I'm not anxious, simply concerned, as though I have this ominous feeling inside.

Hmmm, I wonder if this is what sanity feels like to the insane?

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

Hey, Redneck! Good to see you.

Your thread reminds me of comments to UFO videos when members say the footage is so good and clear that it must be fake. However, they often turn out to be correct!

Not much I can really say other than time will tell. It could be an insidious plot, the calm before the storm, or it could be that changes are finally being made because the American people are fed up. Not sure but it does look like some extreme changes are just over the horizon whichever way it turns out.

And no, I do not think you are paranoid. At least not anymore than the next guy.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
as though I have this ominous feeling inside.

To me, that's anxiety.

According to one internet dictionary;

a. A state of uneasiness and apprehension, as about future uncertainties.

Paranoia spawns a lot of anxiety, so if you aren't feeling anxious, then it's unlikely that you're paranoid.

It may be the case that you have some mild form of it, which isn't exactly uncommon.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Good to see you again as well!

Let me put this another way: I have watched the evolution of society for many years, and I have seen the plans that are being moved upon. All of these plans have been subtly placed into position, each one with an eye to the next phase. Some are to 'enslave' the world populations, others are to destroy the world's population, still more are simply about control and the implementation of fanatical agendas. It's been like a well-choreographed dance, with players occasionally stepping on each other's toes and causing plans to be adjusted on both parts.

Recently I have seen those plans come close to fruition, and now I am seeing them suddenly falling to pieces... at least on the surface. I cannot fathom how anyone who has spent decades arranging such a carefully orchestrated plan could allow it to fall to pieces so quickly without some measure of strong resistance.

Maybe we'll see a reverse reaction to the things I listed above, some sort of overt major power grab. Maybe we'll see an out-and-out war against those who oppose the PTB. I'm really not sure, but I expect something to come about before all is said and done.

reply to post by Anti-Tyrant

OK, if you're using that definition, maybe I could be classified as having a touch of anxiety. In my mind, after a five-year dance with clinical depression, I tend to think of anxiety as having heart palpitations when the phone rings.

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

join