It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your favourite 'boss battle' and why

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   
outriders topic inspired me to start this one.

Out of all the video games you have ever played, which holds the most memorable final battle for you?

I'll suggest a few of my favourites but I have too many to mention them all:

LOZ: Ocarina of Time: The final battle with Gannon / Gannondorf is one of the most memorable moments in any game for me.

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater: The battle with Volgin on his tank is amazingly epic.

Resident Evil 4: All of the bosses were unique and memorable. The first major boss, the Mayor, was especially strange.

[edit on 29-6-2008 by fooffstarr]

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I will echo LoZ: OoT was a fantastic memorable final battle, it felt so awesome to 'kill' him.

Although it can be argued whether it was a boss (at this point), battling Jack Krauser (Resident Evil 4) in the interactive cut scene, i thought it was amazing and so memorable as something i had not really seen before.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Gannon - Link to the Past

That game is great and the ending was the topper.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by fooffstarr

MGS series battles will always be my fav
each boss has their reasons and always have a background to fit the story
and how they became what they are.

final fantasy boses are cool aswell
ff7 battle with septhiroth at the end since you fight in a kind of tag team (also fighting the weapons was cool)
and ff9 with the end (the nothing) and Kuja

[edit on 29-6-2008 by bodrul]

[edit on 29-6-2008 by bodrul]

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Profound Darkness from Phantasy Star IV

Profound Darkness — In ancient times a spirit life form, split into two separate entities. For reasons unknown, these two beings fought one another until one emerged victorious. The winner, which became known as the "Great Light", banished the loser, which became known as the Profound Darkness, in an alternate dimension, sealed by the existence of the Algol Solar System. It sent into Algol a portion of its hate-filled spirit every 1,000 years in an attempt to destroy what the Great Light had created and to ultimately free itself from bondage.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
i would need to say, i LOVED fighting the boss Salazar in Resident Evil 4, just amazing

cant beat a good boss fight like that

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Also I must pay homage to ff7, one of my favorite games and Sephiroth was just totally awesome!

and I agree fighting Weapons was wicked as well!

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by outrider

ugh I havent beaten it yet! ( i got the pc version so Im a bit late I know)

spoiler~!

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
gta 4 because your the bad guy and you have every reason to kill the final boss.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
IN Final Fantasy VII, when the hero is in a submarine base and that he faces a robot with dangerous arms. If you haven't set the good settings, you're done. Long, epic and fantastic!

way before that, I spent almost three hours playing STREET FIGHTER EX PLUS ALPHA, against Akuma (hidden boss when you play max difficulty) and I beat him after losing 46 times in a row.

my best memories.

top topics

join