It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America no longer cares

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
So we have spent a lot of time on this site talking about the truth of 9-11. I feel that there are a lot of people here that really care about exposing the truth of what happened that day. As a whole we can all speak our beliefs and we can express our opinions until we are blue in the face. Here is the problem: America does not care anymore. Take the time to go out in public and watch us as we consume, and exist, as an American society. You see that people are not thinking about the disaster, the lies, the cover-up, THE TRUTH of what happened that day.

We are complacent in our beliefs. We are more concerned about the price of gas....9-11 is a distant memory that has been eaten up by big oil, a declining economy, the war in Iraq, the potential for a black president......

Any exposure the truth movement has been laughed at, and dubbed crazy by the media. The reason for this post is to reach out to the people on this site that have the motivation and the desire to express the truth to the public....how do we go about this? How do we get people to realize what happened is a crime against the american people, orchestrated by the people that we trust???

The answer is: WE CANNOT.....people dont care anymore. We have moved on..Are we ever going to realize this and destroy our efforts?? I can't say....

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Actually, people are paying attention more to 9/11 then you think. Many are just not open about, but are talking behind closed doors.

I finally talked to my mom about my beliefs after she did a protest against the war.

She says that most people there, including herself, believe at the VERY LEAST, that GW knew it was going to happen, and let it.

At the very least a lot of people think there is something fishy.

As for people not caring about other matters like the environment, and consuming endlessly. many do care. But I think everything is a little overwhelming.

I realized this one day when oprah had something on the environment, and someone said"we know there is a problem but we just don't know what to do, it is so much!"

and were more then willing to accept the basics like turning of the water when brushing the teeth.

When you are told: we are putting too much Co2 into the air, using too much fuel, and there is a global warming disaster coming, imagine how this sounds to the environmentally uneducated. You might as well be saying: there is an asteroid hitting the earth and there is nothing we can do about it.

People are making changes, there is a year long waiting list for hybrids. I can kind of understand people waiting for their cars to wear out before buying new ones.

But they just don't understand what else there is to do.

All I ever hear about is the car situation, but everything uses fuel, not just cars. I tell people that the number two user of fuels is lawnmowers and other simple engines.

Every lawn you see has to be maintained.

And I have yet to find a person that knows you can buy slow growing grass seed, that needs very low maintenance.

I do understand your frustration. But Americans are polite. We keep talking behind our hands so we don't offend anyone up front. It doesn't mean we are not talking.

As for other issues, as frustrating as it gets, I don't waste energy on what people aren't doing, I spend it one informing people of simple things that they can do to cut back on consumption:
don't buy crap you don't need
cut your grass less
look into low maintenance grass
hang your clothes out to dry
don't use the heat cycle on the dishwasher, just open it and let the dishes air dry
turn your water heater down to 110 degrees F, that is a safe temperature for children anyways

simple things, that people can handle....

Many may secretly believe that t9/11 was a coverup, but what exactly would they do about?
and that is a very legitimate question.

Other then voting.

[edit on 22-6-2008 by nixie_nox]

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
i dont understand why any post about 9/11 immediately draws close staff scrutiny. I notice this happens all the time.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I would like to not to quote Luke Skywalker but it seems valid and important at this juncture: "I care".

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I am not implying that we do not care....we obviously do. Look...you can show your family and your friends all day long, but we have to realize that America is bigger than the circle pf people that we know.

All I am saying is that if you go out in public you are going to see Americans.....and they dont care.....

We cannot assume that any percentage of tour society is striving to get at the truth. If that was the case, we would be able to see it.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

"Many may secretly believe that 9/11 was a coverup, but what exactly would they do about? and that is a very legitimate question."

Like Nixie Nox, put it.

I agree there are many out there that believe 9/11 was a setup but the big question is. What Can Anyone Do about It?

I also agree with the OP though that the majority of Americans are lost and blind in the matter and do not even want to consider or think that the US government had anything to do with it. It makes them perhaps sleep better at night because if they really knew that their own government did this to the people it would make them unstable and they just can't handle the truth.

That is the problem, there are many who Just Can't Handle The Truth.

Though it's so obvious that 9/11 was a setup and clearly planned for years in advance. Some say it was known before they even constructed the building that the towers were engineered for the event.

Who knows, all we can say is 9/11 was one of the greatest conspiracies ever along with pearl harbor and many other events.

These were both well known events in advance, 9/11 is a lie and many were murdered so the trade center records would be erased then falsely re-duplicated with no witnesses of them reason number one, 9/11's objective would give us a reason to blame some guy called Bin Laden the very next day so we could take over Afghanistan and spread more lies and false evidence about Bin Laden being responsible, invade and take over Iraq and work are way into Iran.

The funny thing is many people talked about all of this happening before it ever took place, one of the Rockefellers talked about it well in advance to September 11th. He openly discussed what was going to happen before this all took place. Starting with something was about to happen in New York to after that we will have a war in Afghanistan and invade Iraq then Iran.

(Iran is clearly next on the list.)

But What Can Anyone Do About It?

Thanks for the post!

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ET_CONTACT

But What Can Anyone Do About It?

Thanks for the post!

Well, we could amount a mass complaint drive to one of the MSM news stations saying that the 9/11 investigation was pathetic and that the coverage of this fact has been poorly represented, or something like that.

In otherwords, force the media to do our bidding.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I dont think people really care about anything until it's too late. Americans might start to care when they are personally under arrest with out due process. They may start to care when they are being waterboarded or worse and they dont know why. They may start to care when the oil prices finally make the economy crash and their pay check is worth one tenth of what it was a couple of months ago. But then it will be too late.

[edit on 24-6-2008 by 420prajna]

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Friend...... I haven't lived in the US for 13 years, but I know that your fears aren't accurate. I know dozens of people in the US, and without exception, they ALL care about the circumstances that occurred around 9/11. Most people I know feel unable to AFFECT the view of it.

I think of the conspiracy surrounding President Kennedy's assasination. Most of us have a sense that it WAS a conspiracy -- and suppose that perhaps Oswald was a patsy. We know, we absolutely KNOW, that the deed couldn't have gone down as postulated by the Warren Commission. So what do we do? We personally, and probabaly quite privately, assign blame.

Same goes for 9/11. I'm not trying to make it all go away. It never will. It never will for me, anyway. People that mattered to me died. I have to ask myself if assignment of blame will change anything. IF, there are polical criminals that need to be brought to justice, I want that to happen. I need absolute proof, something that will withstand the rigors of court. I fear that will never happen. So what do we do? We compile information, we test theories, and we measure them against a longitude of reason agaisnt a lattitude of logic and push on.

Only now..... we are still not much closer to solving the truth of President Kennedy's assasination. I have my own views, tha t's for certain.

Good thread. It needed to be said. Some of us won't forget.

Ever.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Or maybe people simply don't buy the conspiracy theories?

That might be misinterpreted as indifference when in reality they simply don't feel there is anything to get worked up about in this case.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Its a self protection state its a psicological effect. You can see it in this board when OCT defend incredible positions. They wont accept it because it goes against what it was teached all their life. The US as a society was raised with songs written for an animated piece of textile: a flag. Some of you gets exited about some colors (red white and blue) and some pins. If you thinkabout it its incredible, its evenworstthan be religious. As i pointed in the past you get what you deserved. Anyway who cares anylonger about the truth. Good for them that theygot away with it, they were brave enough and they realized they could have pushed it even further and they did. In God we trust...hmmmm

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
There was a group of us talking about it the other day, and we came to the conclusion there is nothing the common guy feels he can do about it.

Until the evils the government does effects most people on a very personal level en mass, then something will happen, most people have just enough apathy not to do anything even if they know the truth about 9/11.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ET_CONTACT

The truth is some people care and some people don't. The people who bothered to learn the truth sleep less better than those who didn't.

Just some questions to those who were not fooled for long about 9/11. Now that you know it was planned long ago, in cold blood by an Institution, whose least concern are the masses and whose greatest concern is how that things must go according to the plan, by the numbers. Knowing that nothing can deter them from executing their plan, 9/11 was just the beginning of tribulations for the American people, followed by wars waged supposedly against terrorists (which killed a lot of good American soldiers and a lot of innocent people in the process), next on the agenda is inciting War in Iran, which will kill a lot of American people in the rebound (which is the least of their concern, if not exactly their objective) and will necessitate the government calling for a State of Emergency or Martial Law. Maybe some of you have an idea what could happen if this is to take place. It would be the end of life as you know it, without freedom. Makes you wonder why they're getting a lot of prisoner camps ready during peace time. What are you going to do about it?

Once the next step, Iran is taken, there will be no turning back. We might as well start singing American Pie, because the choice will be taken from our hands.

Now, there is still a slim chance that they will abandon the plan and think of the innocent people who will die if they go ahead. An ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure. You can travel with your family to a far country, if you have the resources to do so or for people who doesn't have this option ; prepare for darkness while you're still traveling in the light. Preparedness is the best advise at this point and of course Faith in God.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I disagree....I will NEVER forget 9/11....perhaps not everyone agrees on how it happened, but I recall that the majority of Americans did not believe the official story to be precise. And that the government was hiding information in regards to this event...I happen to believe that there is some serious BS surrounding the official story, but I don't believe it was explosives either. I believe the U.S. government ignored important information that was given to them, and because of it we became victims of a major terrorist attack. I think this incident was conveniently used in behalf of the current administration to push an agenda. Not all Americans are blind, I believe most Americans view our government with suspicion...all we have to do is educate ourselves in the history of our government and it's obvious why...

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
What can you do?

I think a lot of people are shaking in their boots, at least in places where there is oil. Up here in Canada, our government is being very very careful.

Recently Louise Arbour, a judge on the International Court in The Hague retired. She's something of a heroine in Canadian legal circles. While on the court, trying to track down Serbian war criminals, she was critical of the US. Her retirement and return was greeted by a studious silence from the Harper government.

Harper often comes across as an adjunct to Bush, much as Blair did in Britain, but I find it hard to believe that even he would be happy about the direction the US has taken. Around the world the question has to be what's next and more importantly, who's next?

But what can you do at home? I think you, meaning the truth movement, must continue to watch your government like hawks, especially since the mainstream media doesn't perform that function anymore. Also we, meaning the truth movement worldwide, have to keep spreading the truth.

It would be nice to see some criminal investigations and prosecutions take place, of anything, related to 9/11. Areas of possible criminal prosecutions: statements made by government officials to the effect that the air in Manhattan was safe to breathe post 9/11, possible insurance fraud by Larry Silverstein, removal of evidence from the 9/11 crime scene.

Talk to sympathetic lawyers or students in law schools. There has to be something easily prosecutable in all that mess. Another legal avenue to pursue might be to start pressuring the government to become a signatory to international laws on war crimes.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Most people don't like to be drilled and pouded to death with the information.
I beleive that there was some kind of coverup but I don't want the information pushed on to me like a religion.
You can't force feed the public with information like that, and expect them to beleive every word of it. It makes you sound desprate. You need to turn up the heat, ever so slow, just like the media!!

This is why I avoid most 9/11 threads.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Darth Logan

What you are saying is right on. This is a terrible problem for the American public and needs to be handled with tact and finesse if at all possible, but it has to be handled.

9/11 is a symptom of a much more serious disease in the American body politic. The consequences of letting it go untreated are very serious. If you look at the passage of the Patriot Act, the anthrax letters to Daschele and other critics of the Iraq war and other events, you get a glimpse of an America that could be getting it in the neck as opposed to people in foreign lands. America, this has got to be dealt with.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Jeff Riff

There is a lot of truth out there besides 9/11 truth
Just hit the Illuminati with everything we have.
And keep their lackeys on the edge of 'working for the man ain't
worth it' even if God says its OK.

From my "Verses of Discontent"

"You Don't Believe"

Tell me again how Tesla died alone.
Tell me again how Tesla died without a penny.
Tell me again how Germany had no Atomic Bomb.
Tell me again how Foo Fighters didn't fight.
Tell me again how Electro-U-Boats can't be found.
Tell me again how THERMATE can't make core beams into dust.
Tell me again how JFK's six bullets can't be found.
Tell me again how JFK JR's pilot seat can't be found.
They hypnotize by lies, so believe the opposite.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Jeff Riff

I have to say that , yes, I believe that most of America has moved on with there respective lives. Live does go on.
We here, as a group, press on for truths we hope will surface one day.

I think that most people could care less anymore. You're absolutely right that many other things are now consuming our hopes and fears.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join