It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Accidental Video Editing Mask Layer Broadcast?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
OK, so the *alleged* accidental broadcast of a video editing mask layer, shown at the 0:15 mark of "9/11 Octopus - The Up and Up" : youtube.com...

Did this really happen???? The anomaly is very interesting, because the "mask layer" shows the towers, but does *NOT* show the smoke, which to me indicates that it really MAY have been a mask layer!

I've checked the archive.org footage from ABC from 9/11/01:

www.archive.org...

And the anomaly is *NOT* present in the archive footage.

So, exactly where was this footage recorded? How many other recordings (whose sources can be identified) contain this anomaly?

It is also worth noting that the anomoly seems to happen EXACTLY at 8:59 (eastern time). It happens just as the lower right clock changes to 8:59. I've also noted that the time on the VCR tape is an hour earlier, so it was PROBABLY recorded in the central time zone (the temperature shown in the youtube vid also does not match the temp shown in the archive.org footage).

I'm of the opinion that with a 17 second delay, the 2nd hit footage COULD be fake.

[edit on 19-6-2008 by The Dispatcherator]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
But what about the thousands of eyewitnesses on location who watched the airliners hit the towers?

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kulturcidist
But what about the thousands of eyewitnesses on location who watched the airliners hit the towers?

What you've never seen "September Clues"?

I'm analyzing the empirical evidence.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Dispatcherator

Nope.....but I presume it somehow proves those eyewitnesses wrong?

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Dispatcherator

Nope.....but I presume it somehow proves those eyewitnesses wrong?

I just thought you might want to have all the info before you come in here and start debunking. But anyway, I'm not currently concerned with the alleged eyewitnesses, I'm studying one particular anomaly in the ABC footage. If you'd like to comment on the anomaly, please, be my guest.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Here's a comment on the anomaly: the CGI guys really had their work cut-out editing all the video in existance of the smoke eminating from the WTC.

In short, nothing to see here - the smoke is real. This video is the fake.

[edit on 19-6-2008 by mirageofdeceit]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by mirageofdeceit
Here's a comment on the anomaly: the CGI guys really had their work cut-out editing all the video in existance of the smoke eminating from the WTC.

In short, nothing to see here - the smoke is real. This video is the fake.

Yes, I'm fully aware the smoke is real.....

I was commenting that in the alleged "mask layer" that was broadcast for just 2 seconds on ABC at 8:59AM, it shows the towers but NOT the smoke, leading me to believe that it really is a mask layer, and not some kind of of messed-up video feed.

My main questions are, since the 9/11 TV archive footage does NOT show the mask layer, i'd like to see other RECORDINGS of live TV that DO show it.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Here is the scene shown on live TV just before 8:59 AM:

And here is the "mask layer" that was allegedly broadcast for about 1.5 seconds at 8:59 AM:

As you can see, the 2nd image doesnt have the smoke, and does in fact appear like it may be a mask layer.

Anyone have any other sources of live TV recordings from ABC on 9/11/01 8:59 EST ?

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by The Dispatcherator

I went and watched part of the video you linked to.
Right after mentioning the camera being adjusted, the video goes into the argument about the missing 19 Rector Street Building.
I put together a little visual aid for people who have a hard time finding the "missing" building.

[edit on 19-6-2008 by jmdewey60]

[edit on 19-6-2008 by jmdewey60]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
LOL, I'm well aware that the missing 19 rector street argument is bull#.... I know that the video does push that argument. However, the ONLY thing I'm interested here is the mask layer broadcast.

In the "official" 9/11 TV archives ( www.archive.org... ), the mask layer anomaly is *NOT PRESENT*, but at least 2 other sources (both VCR recordings of live ABC broadcast) *DO* have the anomaly.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   

My main questions are, since the 9/11 TV archive footage does NOT show the mask layer, i'd like to see other RECORDINGS of live TV that DO show it.

AHH! My apologies.

Another case of "the missing footage" from the archives.
I'm interested in this one, simply on the grounds it is missing.

EDIT: There could be two reasons for this:

* The archive.org footage is not the same as the footage with the anomaly and so is incomparable

or

* The fault was local to the recording equipment.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Ok, good for you if you do not buy into the missing building.
One of these videos, maybe this one, is saying it is not there, while it is right there.

I just thought that was odd.
I will have to check it out and get back with you.
I can not down load it right now, for some reason.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
to be clear, this thread is *NOT* about 19 rector st!!!!!!!!!

I am looking for alternative sources of VCR-recorded footage from ABC from 9/11/01 @ 8:59 AM EST.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
The reason I doubt that it is a glitch in the recording VCR is that the "mask layer" is obviously not glitched video, because it shows the towers WITHOUT smoke.

Apparently, the mask layer was created prior to plane impacts, and only shows the outline of the towers (no smoke). Just minutes (< 5 minutes) before the 2nd impact, the ABC camera pans so that the outline of the smoking tower is directly on top of the outline of the tower in the MASK layer. Then at 8:59:00 the mask layer is accidentally broadcast for about 1.5 seconds. This anomaly appears in home videos of ABC footage, but not in the archive.org footage.

Here is the scene shown on live TV just before 8:59 AM:

( RECORDED FROM ABC affiliate WKRN-TV 2 in Nashville !!!!!!!!!!!!!)

And here is the "mask layer" that was allegedly broadcast for about 1.5 seconds at 8:59 AM:

I need other home videos of the ABC broadcast to confirm this anomaly.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I noticed something funny, while watching the co-responding archive footage.
Somebody has a video on youtube about the sound signals on TV, that condition the viewer to subconsciously relate that sound to a crash.
At 8:56 they have a guy talking about how he witnessed the first crash.
He is telling this story and he builds up to it and right when he says "crash", you here a noise in the studio that sounds exactly like what you hear when chopper 5 catches the second plane hit.
Interesting.
I believe that mind control was going on as we were presented this unfolding story on 9/11.

new topics

top topics

join