It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Puts GIANT SEQUOIAS on the Chopping Block!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   
What's even funnier is that pro-Bush zombies will find a way to justify this, just as they justify all of BUsh's other wrong doings...

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thorfinn Skullsplitter
What's even funnier is that pro-Bush zombies will find a way to justify this, just as they justify all of BUsh's other wrong doings...

I allready did! Sequoisas pose a signifigant risk for speeder scouts and a high risk area for terrorist activities and staging grounds.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent47

I allready did! Sequoisas pose a signifigant risk for speeder scouts and a high risk area for terrorist activities and staging grounds.

Are you kidding me? You must be joking, right?...

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by energy_wave
The hippy's of yesteryear are driving beamers today

I have been a hippy for 34 years. I love Giant Sequoias and want them saved. I HATE BUSH. Above all I WOULD NOT BE CAUGHT DEAD IN A BEAMER!!
Scum sucking yuppie vermin drive beamers.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Would I be on here if I wasnt?
That had to be the most idiotic post Ive ever made, I feel like cookie monster.

So yeah I was joking.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent47

Would I be on here if I wasnt?
That had to be the most idiotic post Ive ever made, I feel like cookie monster.

So yeah I was joking.

Heh, whew. I was about to smack you silly boy!

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 08:42 AM
link   
This pisses me off so much. Bush is a f*cking idiot who needs to die a slow and painfull death of a thousand years!! GET THIS F*CK OUT OF THE WHITEHOUSE!!!

I live at the base of these mountains and have been up to see these beautiful trees a hundred times when I was a kid. The entire area is a National Park that shouldn't even be considered for logging like this.

The Giant Sequoias are the Largest Living things on earth. Unless you've seen them in person you can't imagine what it's like. They are so big that to see them and stand next to them, you almost don't believe they're real.

What really makes this whole Fire Prevention Safety thing B.S. is that these trees resist forest fires by nature. That is why they live for thousands of years. Here are some facts from 'HowStuffWorks' that once again proves G.W. Bush is a F*CKING RETARD & LIAR!!!!

1.) The blue whale is the largest creature the world has ever known - even larger than the biggest dinosaur. But the giant sequoia tree makes this mammal look like an infant! Three times longer and 32 times heavier than the blue whale, the giant sequoia tree is the largest living thing on the planet. Giant sequoias also live a very long time. Some are more than 3,000 years old!

2.) The mighty sequoia survives even in the hottest forest fires. That's because it has a thick, spongy bark that is between one and two feet thick! Like insulation wrapped around a house, the bark protects it from the tremendous heat of forest fires. In fact, the bark contains tannic acid, a material that is used in modern fire extinguishers.

3.) These magnificent trees were cut down in large numbers between 1850 and 1890. Today, most of the remaining sequoia's are protected within the boundaries of national parks in central California. No one knows how long the the giant sequoia can live. Some have been alive for more than 3,000 years. They know their age by sawing a tree in half and counting the rings. This is only done on trees that have fallen over. They never cut down a live tree!

Did you catch that last statement? They've been protected for over a 100 years from anyone cutting them down. Leave it to Bush to start it up again. I'm with you all the way EliteXizer, someone needs to kill this man before he does any more damage!!

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   
what id like every one of you idiots to do is to read this letter first. "up to 30 inches in diameter". this DOES NOT mean the giant sequoia(sP) trees. this means the undergrowth which certainly promote forest fires. these trees are reguarly around SEVERAL FEET IN DIAMETER. the largest being those that have tunnel through them, which cars easily fit through. this is being blown way out of proportion and no one knows what the # they are talking about here.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   
up to 30 inches in diameter yes but that does not necessarily mean they wont take larger ones
the impact on this forest just from trucks alone would be ugly trails....pollution from fumes and a devastating blow to the asthetics of this park.
it is pristine man ....can you understand that.
it should be left untouched.
many who have been there can tell you there is no danger of fire to theese trees
so dont tell everyone they dont know what there saying
as you sit in england

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   
yes it DOES mean they wont take bigger, because they will be up to the ass in lawsuits.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   
You all might not be aware of this but science has recently discovered there is, in old growth forests, a fungus type organism which lives within the roots of trees and spreads throughout the entire forest underground and communicates in some way any harm which might befall upon the trees. Science has recorded a change in electrical activity hundreds of feet away from a tree which was being cut down.

This information came from an acquaintance of mine, Bruce Kershner who is a good friend of Bob Leveret

An article with the two above...

www.championtrees.org...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join