It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

megalodon caught on deep sea camera

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by UnforgiveableSin

I'm not interested in what it could have been, I'm interested in what it is, which is alarge, but not phenominally so, sleeper shark.If you'd bothered to do a bit of reading you'd have found out there was no fakery involved , it's just a big shark.
ANd then you revived a dead thread to add to a finished conversation. Yeesh.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Look iv only just joined an iv been watching shark docs all my life. Look I think it could be a megladon but then again its most likely a new species.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seeker13
Look iv only just joined an iv been watching shark docs all my life. Look I think it could be a megladon but then again its most likely a new species.

O_O
How... why... READ?
Seriously. It's been identified. Over, and over, and over, and over, and OVER again. What is it people have against reading?
Look... it's been covered, and discussed, and identified. it's a cool video, sure. But it's a sleeper shark. A fairly large one, but really not uncommon.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by wisefoolishness

well if it was a megalodon. it would smash that cage into smitherines at a higher velocity then that large bulbousy shark. it would be much larger...most liekly not even able to fit its head in the camera view.....so its probably a greenland shark or some sort of slow moving shark that probably is just about the same as a whale food wise....krill and such

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   
In case this has allready been mentioned, I have overlooked that.

What about the little creep that is freeloathing from the shark. Anyone know what species that is? Dont wanna say paracite, but there I spotted a little "fish", that was connected to it. Sucked to it or whatnot.

If anyone can describe/identify that creature, we can easily estimate the sharks`size by comparing their sizes.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

Hello, unlike many people who do not study deep sea biology I do Know what kind of shark that is . It is called a basking shark not a megalodon. the megalodon looks almost exactally like the great white we see today in our oceans. Besides the megalodon would have been much bigger than that. you may look up the basking shark if you like. It is a know yet rare animal. I am personally sick and tired of people saying it is a megalodon. i have seen this vidio many times and i am know ending this conflict!

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptGizmo
After a little more searching for this I found a longer video of this its titled
????????????sleeper shark

[edit on 05/16/2008 by CaptGizmo]

is it just me or does it seem like an awfullly big camera when the shark starts banging into it.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
sorry, forgive me for posting before i read all the way through. identified, finished. got it. my appologies. i just get so excited around sharks.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I am a retired commercial fisherman and a certified diver so I can comfortably say that the cage is not a cage for divers it is a black cod trap used to catch black cods in deep water, this is very Similar to a lobster or large king crab trap. Of what I have seen of greenland sharks this is just a very large greenland. They are still studying greenlands and they have yet to determine there maximum length. They move alot slower then normal sharks due to there metabolism, it is not a whale shark (whale sharks eat krill (very small shrimp) in other words they are filter feeders where as greenland sharks are not and tend to feed on aquatic and sometimes land that they believe have fallen through the ice in there most populated habitat in the Artic Ocean. They are deep water fish (yes, sharks are fish.) and have been found up and down the coasts of every country in numerous sizes. They are not aggressive so you have nothing to fear when swimming in the ocean. They are still not even sure what there diet consists of so most likely YOUR NOT ON IT!! Unfortunately some studies have found reindeer in the stomachs of these mysterious creatures. Basking sharks are also very large and are very similar to Greenlands in markings but again the basking shark is a filter feeder just like the whale shark and they tend to dwell in warmer climates. So to just summarize things for you this shark is a very large greenland shark that has yet to be caught or die a natural death. It is wonderful that a shark of this size was captured on film for the rest of us to enjoy. Unfortunately there is no way to determine the actual size of this shark without being there or having better images to go off of. The trap is a good start considering they are about 6x6 ft - 8x8 ft, in the US anyways.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Could it possibly be a very old great white?

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
there is no way that is the same cage

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I believe that is a basking shark but if not then definitely a greenland shark. they live in very cold deep water and have almost no eyesight. This my friends however is most definitely NOT the Megaladon. That prehistoric shark was virtually identical to the Great White Shark except way more bad ass! The teeth on that thing were the size of your hand open!!!! Not to mention they ate their own kind which for the most part is not indicated in the video or else their would not have been any other sharks there! Also, the full grown Megaladon was around the size of a sperm whale! God I wish it were true though! It would seriously bring the whole jaws phenomena a righteous ressurrection!

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
right if megalodon's evolved into modern sharks,
then why would someone think there would still be megalodon's swimming around?
They evolved for a reason, sure some may not have, but they would not have survived millions of years lol

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
It's not a megaladon. It's a deep water shark...I can't remember the name, I just know it was one of the first times it's ever been caught on camera. I'll look for the link.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I'm surprized that this shark hasn't been caught and served up in a soup bowl yet ??!

Oh wait, it probably has by now....

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
www.clovegarden.com...
about 1/3 scroll scraggley dorsal fin pointy tail.

looks like the pointy tailed fish that brushes up against the shark
is a keo fish
they grow to about 8 inches long

I'm no expert so
just sayin.

[edit on 4-8-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I'm far from being racist, but the epic music in the background combined with the Japanese voice-over really had me thinking....

GODZIRRRRRRRAAAA!!!!

sorry, couldn't resist.

It is crazy that we know more about our solar system than our own oceans.

[edit on 4-8-2010 by Shark VA84]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Shark VA84

Shark VA84

Shouldn't that have been

CODziiilllaa..

PurpleDOG UK

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Bunk...Megaladon is in the Mackeral family same as the Great White, the perspectives were all awry as well. Besides if you look at the Remora swimming up to it it places everything into a far smaller scale.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

haha, not going to lie, had me laughing for a few minutes there. Now that's some good, corny humor!

CODzirrrrraaaa!

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join