It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Humanity Be Able To Pull It Together Before the Gauntlet Falls?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Will Humanity Be Able To Pull It Together Before the Gauntlet Falls? Before the Sh*t really hits the fan will we be able to look our neighbors in the face and say "hello friend" and really mean it? Will we be ever be able to love our neighbors as our selves and do unto others as we would have done unto us? Or, will it take the sh*t hitting the proverbial fan before we are able to do this? If that's the case, what are we willing to do about it?

Are we even willing to discuss it?

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   
People don't want to accept that the *snipe* is going to hit the proverbial fan, and they are prepared to deny this in the belief that everything is all hunky-dorey and pretty as peaches.

A belief reinforced by our materialistic society.

You asked me what i'm willing to do about it, and in all honesty about an hour ago i would have said that our best bet would be to help people learn from their experiences.

Now... i'm not feeling so nice about it.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   
small pockets here and there maybe but the world as a whole nope.
People of all races, creeds and social standing are just plain selfish ok maybe not the guys up in the Himalayas but you get my point!

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   
It is sad to say, but I don't think that there is any chance this world will come together before most of it falls apart.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Well, I wanted to thank the THREE people who were willing to discuss this. The fact that this has had 108 views so far and only three people had the balls to say something gives me little hope.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
A little hope is better than none.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I sure hope humanity is ready and can make it through. It saddens me deeply to think that there are those that do not desire change. Unfortunately its up to those that are "enlightened" to pull the rest through out of love.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Yes, I think we'll be able to pull it together. It's a question of recognition, and having goals, or at least it is for me. Bride and I are preparing for and end game. I'd think we're prepared as well as we can so far, for those things we CAN imagine.

What can we do? Things like this, like you're doing here. I think collective energies, prayer, meditation, whatever you choose to call it or view it as, I think it makes a difference. I think we have bad times a-coming, but that doesn't mean that we won't or can't grow and be better than we were as a result of it. Seems like the geological record suggests extinction events throughout the history of the planet. Seems to me that we're well on the way as a species toward augmenting natural disasters, and it's easy at times to feel discouraged, that it's all worthless and written in stone. It you're a watcher, or even a Watcher, you might be perceiving patterns that strongly suggest great changes. Humanity's time on the Big Blue has been a blink, and if we want to keep blinking, we'll change our perceptions of things, and perhaps along the way find ways to keep from crapping in our own nests.

Good topic.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I have no doubt that we will pull it together, but it will most likely not happen until something huge happends and most of humanity is lost. And even then it is hard to say whether we will all be able to work as one. In every horror movie you see that is always that one stupid guy that has no common sense at all and does something to get himself and usually others killed in the process.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I never cease to be amazed at how many people intuit that something indeed is happening - though, given the current state of affairs one would have to have the IQ of a toad to not get it.

All I know is that I lived in fear of what was to come (whatever it may be) for as long as I've known something was going to happen. But that changed tonight.

Our task, should we choose to accept it (and I hope to God that we do) is to approach this inevitable happening with as much love and light in our hearts as we can muster. Love your family, your neighbors, your friends. Love the strangers too, you may need each other one day soon. Stop watching TV - it's all doom and gloom, read a book or several and go play outside - it's never too late to play.

If we continue to approach this happening as if it were innately negative then it most likely will be negative - the most negative of negatives (and indeed, that is what seems to be happening). I firmly believe that we do create our reality. Perhaps we can transform it into something beautiful and wonderful.

Make yourself the best self you can make and love yourself while you're doing it. And give someone a hug - it does amazing things for our bodies physiologically and psychologically. Ghandi said "we must be the change we wish to see in the world", well, 5.00$ for a gallon of gasoline is not the change I wish to see and I know you don't either. This isn't difficult stuff really...if you strip it down bare to the bone it's just positive thinking. We make it difficult by allowing ourselves to be influenced by the negativity we allow into our lives. Wake up each morning and and say YES! Affirm your day, Affirm yourself, Affirm the Universe.

[edit on 6/7/08 by WickedStar]

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I dont believe humans will change. We are what we are, and that wont change with time. We are a very imperfect creature and its very likely that nature will wipe us out for being unable to coexist with other creatures or even ourselfs, well deserved.

And Im not even sad about it. Its poetic justice in a way.

A virus does the same thing. They consume their hosts. The difference is that humans have the intelligence to change their behavior, but wont. Which only makes us even more stupid.

[edit on 7-6-2008 by Copernicus]

new topics

top topics

join