It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone know what BIRDS these are!?? In LONDON? Someone must know!?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by sherpa
The type I have seen the most of is the Ringneck Parakeet and have been seeing them for 3-4 years now, you usually hear them before you see them if you are tuned to recognise there calls and I have seen many more in flight than stationary.

Yes I now know what they sound like, I think they make most of the sound when they start to fly. Maybe that's why you spot them mostly in air, also they are hard to see in the trees because they are green lol.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
It looks like we have a small community of casual Twitchers here at ATS....

Here is a good link for images of Parrots/Parakeets:

Parrots-R-Us

On a trip to Australia, when I was a youngster, I was in awe of the birds that flew wild in and around the Sydney suburbs. Being a bit naive, at first I thought someone had lost there pet Cockatoos, but these were a little to numerous, but my favourite over there was the Crimson Rosella, in the flesh, er...feathers, they are vividly stunning.

Bit a annoyed to see this keeping the Sparrows away from my bird bath this morning.

[edit on 31-5-2008 by Koka]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Wow I am also jealous, nice view you have.

I did some searching on them as well and all green parakeets look alike.

Well it appears your assessment of the parakeets are correct they are in London. So much so that a cull is in the books...poor things.

They should catch the young and sell them to people as pets..such a pretty bird.

Source

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Rhain

Yeah I like them.

I do not like the negative comments in that link you gave thou lol

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

I believe that the birds in question are Green Conures. They are a small breed of parrot. This is the link that should clear up any problems with identifying them.

Good Luck.

Charlotte

www.avianweb.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by charking

I would have to disagree, I would have to go with _Pheonix_'s images being an Indian Ring Necked Parakeet - .

Although, as mentioned on the BBC website, there are more than one species that have been spotted over the years.

[edit on 1-6-2008 by Koka]

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Koka

Yes I would have to agree, and it seems my one appear well fed haha.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join