It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Area 51 IT Infrastructure?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Hi,

I was wondering what OS software systems does Area 51 run on their classified networks?

This thought cam through my mind when I was reading this article regarding Hill AFB which they had upgraded their OS to Red Hat Linux at their base.
www.gcn.com...

Can you all please have an idea on what Area 51 is running on thier network systems?

Thanks.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by infocon_delta

Don't know what operating system. Just know that if you take one of their computers from base and plug it up to the internet you will get traced immediately. Also, all data is encrypted, you couldn't have access to any of the data.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I cant see any government computers running on windows os.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by alienstar

Actually Windows OS is used by all of the feds. Most of the regular guys not the top secret stuff. Linux/Unix is more used in secured facilities and data centers.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Regardless of OS, no classified network is connected to the internet..At least this has been the case everywhere I have worked.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Just an FYI, the Ogden Air Logistics Center mentioned in the article is technically the owner of the Ghost Squadron helicopters used at Groom Lake. I have photographs of 90-26222 and 91-26352.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by gariac

Could you please post the pictures and the article? I would love to read about it.

As for IT, I can imagine the system is on a closed circuit -- independent of anything outside. Access to the outside is probably monitored or controlled by some sophisticated firewall with fuzzy logic programming. Then again if its Linux, its probably a well secured firewall.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I think all the US Goverment bases uses the SECRET NETWORK IP PROTOCOL NETWORK also known as SIRPNET....

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by guppy

The claim is software firewalls are not secure. Reality? Who knows. It doesn't hurt to turn the software firewall on of course, but the firewall is better as firmware in the router. Incidentally, there was a news release that the DoD is concerned about back doors in Cisco routers made in China. I was maybe two weeks ago. They released the news on Friday evening, so it was poorly covered.

Regarding the GHOST squadron, you should be able to google their patch since it was in Trevor Paglen's book. Regarding the chopper I have photographed:
90-26222
from
front gate

90-26222 again
from
base camp

91-26352
from
bald mountain

There is also video of the helicopter flying at Bald Mountain on that page

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by gariac

Ya, I read that ATS forum post and article about the millions of dollars in counterfeit Cisco network equipment used by the military. Knowing how China deals behind the scene, I'd opt to replace each equipment.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I just was reading how they think china hacked into big daddys backyard.That would be horrible.

[edit on 31-5-2008 by alienstar]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Maybe they use brain cells based CPUs or whatever either way whatever they use can't be hacked unless you are Great Britain or China

top topics

join