It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hum

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
ive read alot about this strange hum.i live in grimsby(on the east coast of the uk) and people have been in the paper asking what they are hearing(i have heard it as well).but what is it? it's a world wide thing.....
i just wanted to know what the rest of ats think about it.is it a mind control thing or is it something else???
what do ppl think?

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 26/5/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Can't say that I've heard anything like that here on the west coast of Canada.

Mind control? HAARP? tectonic movement?

Hope someone will be able to help further.

Do you have any links to any news articles on it?

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Could also be caused by electricity or magnetics possibly. Like how power lines hum.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
When do you hear it most ?

When your lying in bed perhap's yes ?

Take care.

Regards
Lee

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I've been wondering the same thing.

My hearing is extremely sensitive. I've looked into this HUM before, because I can hear it too. Most people always say the same thing to me. Tinnitus, or the humming of an appliance. It is definitely external. I can't hear it with sound reducing headphones. I can still hear it with the power to the entire house turned off.

What I hear is a very low frequency hum. I only hear it in a wooden structures when all is quiet. It is as though the wooden walls are vibrating. When I first started hearing it, I could have sworn someone in a near by house was running a generator. I first noticed it in 2005. Some days it's louder, and some days it's gone, or I just don't notice it. Sometimes when I walk into one of our empty speck homes, and close the door, it hits me like a pressure change.

I am open to the possibility that my hearing is damaged in some way.

I'm in the US.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I've read a fair amount about this "HUM" and seems to be reported primarily in relatively quiet areas. Which, if true, would suggest a source not connected with a city hustle&bustle. Myself, I've never heard it, however I've had a 24/7 ringing in my ears since I was 8 years old. Interested in finding out more about this phenomenon. When I come across articles about it, I'll try to remember to copy them here.

Cheers

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

bbc focus magazine did a article on it and its not tinitus..... it comes from an out side source but no one can pin point where to. i hear it at nite and some times in the day , but there is also reports off ppl hearing it 24/7.no one seems to know were/what it is or where it comes from

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by rikgrimsby

Thanks for that link! I've heard of the Taos Hum before, and how not everyone can hear it.

I have even described what I hear to people as an idling diesel engine outside somewhere.

Count yourselves lucky if you can't hear it, because it can be very annoying at times.

edit sp

[edit on 26-5-2008 by seawolf197]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
the thing is it is not all the time.you can go a few weeks without hearing it then BANG its there for weeks then gone. as it says on that link ear plugs do nothing to combat the effect......

new topics

top topics

join