It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you like your eggs?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I was wondering...The way a person likes their eggs. Could it tell anything about that person? Me I like my eggs different ways: soft boiled with butter toast (usual two large) when I'm in a light breakfast mood. Or, a nice 3 egg omelet with cheese/mushrroms with fruit on the side when I'm realy hungry. I will basicallyeat eggs anyway served..but think about it a bit befor I start the preperations for the egg meal.

I am an open minded person and try to hear all sides to a issue and consider myself a moderate politically. I can at times get wound up..but not too often. I'm usually happy go lucky like to joke around and see humor in things. I like to read techno thrillers , mysteries, books by Lee Child, John Sanford, Dean Knootz, James Patterson, plus many others and of course your usual crypto books and (good) UFO books etc..

What about you?? How do you like your eggs??

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
You know it just hit me. I prpbably should have googled the question first..so anyway I did. And found a few interesting things..Like this poll here..How do you like your eggs?
Fried
Scrambled
Hard Boiled
Soft Boiled
Omlet
Wagon Wheels
Other

Cast vote to view results and add comments

source: home cook'n www.dvo.com...

so what about you??

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I don't know that how you prepare your eggs will say much about personality, but I'll give it a shot.

I like mine with bacon or a small steak, the eggs must be fried and turned until the yolk is still just a bit runny. I don't want them overcooked and if they're too runny I just won't eat them. Any uncooked portion of the egg white will make me feel sick.

As far as personality goes, I tend to be very exacting and organized with my legal work. I'm particular about who I call a friend and I deal with my tenants very diplomatically but firm.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by anxietydisorder

Thanks for your honest input. Your post also made me think of this woman who worked with me at E-systems, her new husband , she told me would drive her crazy at times with this quirk he had about his food on the plate. The food meat , veggies, etc..could not touch each other and he would always eat each item until gone but never switch around (like a little bit of potato then meat a touch of corn back to the smashed potato then meat etc...he would never ever do that!! He had to finish each item on plate seperatly never mixed !! Anybody here do that??

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I like my eggs:
Fried (Over medium)
Scrambled
Hard Boiled
Soft Boiled (as long as the white is done)
Omelet
Poached
Microwaved...
I think that's about it. I like eggs.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I too like mine Fried (Over medium) when I have them fried (or if I order them fried eating out) and like the post by anxiety I need them "done" as to be not too runny and the whites done. So I guess when I said in my post "soft boiled" I should say medium soft boiled ...not to hard , but not too soft..

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
ank any waitress... or waiter.. they will tell you that ninety percent of all there customers like em over easy..

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by philjwolf
ninety percent of all there customers like em over easy..

That's true.
I worked as a short order cook in a restaurant when I was a teen, and I loved working the breakfast rush. Every order was custom cooked on the grill for each customer so you could have 15+ orders going at the same time.

You would get the odd order for scrambled and of course omelets with ham or cheese.
But by far, ham and eggs, bacon and eggs, sausage with eggs, etc...
Almost every order was "over easy" with hash browns, toast and coffee.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

duck eggs only!!
soft boiled with buttery soldiers or
the way my mum did for me as a kid, hard boiled mashed up in a cup with a little butter and salt and buttery toast yum!

god knows what that says about me!

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by craic.n.up

Thats the way my mum did for me also when I was a kid!!

I called them "smashed eggs" with butter toast broke up and put in them.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I like my eggs over-easy (whites cooked, but yolk still liquid), then put on top of buttered toast with the yolk busted & spread around on the surface of the toast...This way, I can eat my toast & egg one-handed, with no plate or silverware.

...But if I'm impatient at the time I fix my eggs, I just scramble 'em.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightDStroyer

Thats something else I just was wonderin' when you scramble your eggs do you add anything befor you mix 'em up? For example I was in the mood for scrambled the other morn so I added (on a whim) a dab of 1/2 and 1/2 to the two eggs and then mixed them up and threw 'em in the pan.

I usually add a dab of 2% milk..but the 1/2 & 1/2 seemed better.

And...Has anyone started out to scramble and ended up making an omelet..I do that once in awhile...can't seem to make up my mind

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Once over easy. There are not many more pleasures in life than sopping a piece of buttered toast in that golden delicious yolk. Dang, now I'm hungry. Raviolis come to me.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
In my youth I couldn't break off 155 lbs for the life of me. Until I got gnc protein powder, raw eggs, and milk. Hit that twice a day with workouts and finally broke 200 lbs at 18. The good ol'e daze.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

lol, Made me think of the movie "Rockt" him cracking all those raw eggs in the glass and drinking them (everybody in the movie going ohhhhhh..

I remember also all them eggs on the USS Oriskany getting served every morn. You would get your choice of hard, sunny side up, over easy, or scrambled (fried and then chopped up on the grill and put on plate)

Those were the days.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
As long as a nice guy with a nice smile is around to help cook for me once in awhile, I’d like my eggs served anyway (i.e. smashed up and mixed in rice).

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by pikypiky

Well the line is already starting to form!! I got eggs

But, you did remind me of a favorite dish I'd get in Subic bay P.I. "fried rice with a fried egg on top" . That was a dish I like at the base there.

[edit on 27-5-2008 by RUFFREADY]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I used to volunteer at St. Augustine's homeless meal kitchen. I put out about 200 omelets one morning. Everyone wanted one of mine. Peppers, onion, diced ham, cheese. I had a knack. I was plum tuckered by 10am.
Don't want to sound overly saintly. The girl I went with parents worked there. Wanted to keep in good.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Hm..this is a new one for me, Social Issues, is egg preference a Social Issue.

Well I will give it a go because this "issue" is making me smile.

I love eggs but I always go for them without the shell, I hate crunching down on that gritty shell.

Fried eggs that are perfect to me is a very tricky job, the white and yoke has to be cooked and not slimy but the yoke must be runny with no hint of hardening at the bottom, timing is crucial.

These must be served on toast and no yoke spilled on the plate, the best way to achieve this is to cut the corners off the toast and use these for dipping and soaking up the yoke, any runny leftover can be dealt with by flipping the egg over sunny side down to then be soaked up by the remaining toast.

Of course eggs in general no matter how they are prepared are ok in my book, (except the fried ones that are not cooked just right that is).

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I like my eggs scrambled with a side of cheese grits and raisin toast.

Deviled eggs are good also.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join