It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could people from the future be among us?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I wonder sometimes if people from the future are around or have ever visited. They have many whens to pick but I wonder if there is anyone here on this day that is from the future.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   
No. Not possible.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by BangorangRufio
No. Not possible.

Why?

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   
It could be possible, but I currently don't believe it. There is John Titor, which I don't believe in, also there was another guy that I read about on Yahoo! news that claimed to be from the future, he was arrested for insider trading or something.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I'm not sure how we would be able to tell if the person was mad, a liar or from the future.

Personally, I only believe it's possible to slow down time, not to travel backwards through it.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
......ever heard of John Titor.
(no, Im not serious)

I think its a possibility. Its only fair to assume that if the technology is ever to be created and used that there would be (or at least have been at one point or another) time travellers among us.

I doubt it though. Its more likely that if you travelled back in time, you wouldnt arrive in exactly the same universe you left from. This ties in to the infinite universe theory, and even though this is actually something Titor suggests as well, I still think hes full of it.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Well, if anyone wins more than one lottery, I guess we'll have our answer.....

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Unless the machine has already been made, it isn't possible. You can't go back in time to before the machine was created. There would be nothing to go back to. The only way would be is if you opened a portal and walked through it, but I'm pretty sure that isn't possible either.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by BangorangRufio
Unless the machine has already been made, it isn't possible. You can't go back in time to before the machine was created. There would be nothing to go back to. The only way would be is if you opened a portal and walked through it, but I'm pretty sure that isn't possible either.

yea!!!!! someone else has read this theory!! Omni Magazine was the first place I read it, and of course since the mag no longer exists I can't find any articles on it, BUT at least I know that someone else heard the same thing.
Now..if we could fold time/space.....then maybe

[Edited on 1-3-2004 by NetStorm]

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Personal opinion: No! I don't believe that one could go back to a time that was before he/she started.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I love all your replies. They all make you think. I feel it is possible to travel back in time. You would not go back to the time ebfore you exist but to another timeline. It may not be the exact past but its damn close. Has anyone ever read The Dark Tower 7: Wolves of the Calla? Father Callahan traveled between many wheres and whens in NJ. He does not go into the past but he goes to alternate universes of the same place.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zzub
Personally, I only believe it's possible to slow down time, not to travel backwards through it.

Same here, but also to stop moving in time, and let the past 'catch up' to you.

But probubly not on this board though.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Omega Pickle
I wonder sometimes if people from the future are around or have ever visited. They have many whens to pick but I wonder if there is anyone here on this day that is from the future.
I think that visitors from the future would be those in UFO's, at least a part of them. If some of them are from the future, we will have mutated dramatically by then, which would make us think that there are creepy looking aliens visiting us, when in reality they could be us in the future.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I dont think time travel backwards could be possible....Only forward travel.

Such as...

Just say I enter a capsule. and in this capsule time is slowed don HEAPS once i close the door. I close the door. Time is slowed down very very much in the capsule. Everything outside the capsule seems to be going very very fast to me and i'm still in the capsule and time for me is slowed down.. So just say 1 day passes in the capsule, 1000 years have passed outside the capsule. I now stop the capsule and I am 1000 years into the future.

I do not think you can reverse time. Reverse the movement of so many things. It could be possible as anything is possible. Hop into the capsule, and reverse everything in the universe for 1000 years, etc. I find it improbable unless you find find another dimension...time...and you are able to go to that dmension, travel through time to ur destination time and then jump back into our dimension at your destination.

Other than those things....Unless you are a higher being and have more consciousness, awareness, etc and are able to do this somehow that way......

[Edited on 2-3-2004 by DaRAGE]

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Surely if time travel was possible then we would have been visited by people from the future by now. Possibly this could explain UFO's and abduction. Possibly who we percieve to be aliens are technologically advanced and evolved humans coming back to do some history lessons.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 04:17 AM
link   
The philladelphia experiment might be a good example for this subject. I think it was said that whilst performing one of the invisibilty tests on the ship that was involved, it not only disappeared but re-appeared 40 or so yrs in the future. I dont think anything was said about ship ever travelling into the past. Maybe time can only go one in direction. Any thoughts.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I'm not sure, but wasn't the philadelphis project proven to be the figment of a writers imagination? But any how, off subject, I'm not one to believe that it is possible to travel back in time, if it were true, I would have visited myself many times to stop myself from doing dumb things. And that hasn't happened.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by IKnowNothing
I'm not sure, but wasn't the philadelphis project proven to be the figment of a writers imagination? But any how, off subject, I'm not one to believe that it is possible to travel back in time, if it were true, I would have visited myself many times to stop myself from doing dumb things. And that hasn't happened.

Yeah, but think about this:
Lets say you want to go back in time so you can prevent yourself from doing something stupid. Lets say for the sake of example, you want to prevent yourself from getting in a fight you shouldnt have.
So you go back in time, and prevent it. Now, you have the paradox that you would have no reason to go back in time to prevent anything. Or at least your reasons for wanting to would have to change because the occurance never happened. But then if you never travelled back in time, then you didnt prevent it either..........ugh.....

Headache, headache.............

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE
I dont think time travel backwards could be possible....Only forward travel.

I do not think you can reverse time. Reverse the movement of so many things. It could be possible as anything is possible. Hop into the capsule, and reverse everything in the universe for 1000 years
Other than those things....Unless you are a higher being and have more consciousness, awareness, etc and are able to do this somehow that way......
[Edited on 2-3-2004 by DaRAGE]

I agree that you wouldn't be able to go back in time, because that would mean that "you" would be going back in time...depending on how far back you went, (if you could) you might arrive as an embryo. Unless of course they could figure out a way to keep the time inside whatever object you would be in "current time" and outside would be past time . But you wouldn't be able to step out of the "current time" because then you would go poof!
Did that make sense or am I rambling...

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Why not SURE its not Possible right now but if we are thinking of time travelers then we here and now are ancient technology compared to a time travelers technology, so it is possible but why come back in first place theres nothing here for them and its not exactly a peaceful time to visit.

I do beleive time travel is possible here and now maybe the goverment has alot of secrets in break throughs technology thats held back and classified secret.

Now for people that say no way impossible, explain then why black holes distort time cause you are saying no way then black holes should not be doing that then, black holes virtually prove its possible but we dont kno whow to implement it yet and YET is the word cause in Future they will.

i think the past, present and future all exist and still do exist i read scientist looked into dark matter and it mirrors near by galaxies?? parrelel universe or alternate time holes of galaxies who knows but its deff strange.

UFO's could be future time machines?
Foo Fighters maybe time probe recorders (seen around many wars since WW2)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join