It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"What if Barack Obama were a real Muslim?"-UCLA Prof.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Link to source

If the American president were in fact a Muslim, you must understand that more than 1.2 billion of the world's Muslims would want to vote for him. And if the American president were Muslim, Muslims would come to believe that America really is the land of opportunity for all — not just for white males who know how to fire people and then walk off with million-dollar bonuses because of how they kept costs down.

So when did all white people begin to become characterized as "those who fire people and then walk off with million dollar bonuses"? This was in a JAPANESE paper, and on their website. Yes, I know that this was a U.S. based editorial, but this is the seemingly legitimate thoughts of a tenured UCLA prof. that are being presented to the world as facts. Is this the culmination of the "white guilt" I hear others speak about? There are more poor starving white kids in america than the minority population has here (meaning poor). It's all sad,(poor starving children of any race or background) but it is also proof that the above drivel is just that...

[edit on 16-5-2008 by jasonjnelson]

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Oh, and the conspiracy is, why is it that the White mans sins are being tossed around, right as an election takes place involving a black man?
I should not have to defend the fact that I am not a racist in any way. But there you are.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Muhammad Ali was a muslim,there is no point.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by alienstar

This is not my source. This is not about whether or not he is Muslim. Heck, I agree that it doesn't matter. What matters is exported material from U.S. tax dollar paid professors condemning and stereotyping and entire race!

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Except it does matter. He wouldn't get close to the presidency if he were Muslim. White folk would be too scared to vote for him. Some brown and yellow folk, too.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePiemaker

The articles point notwithstanding, I am more curious about the aforementioned prof. and his view of white people, which he gladly exports around the world. This is from a Japanese paper.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jasonjnelson

Well, if that paper is correct, I don't know why that would be a bad thing at all.

That alone could make America and the world a safer place to live.

And as far as your 'So when did all white people begin to become characterized as "those who fire people and then walk off with million dollar bonuses"?' comment, it is extremely short-sighted. Not only does the paper's wording come from a point of SKEPTICISM, but they are well aware that racism and prejudice, just like all this anti-Muslim stuff, is still rampant in the US. It's not so long ago that we had water fountains for white, and water fountains for colored people either.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by bigbert81

I think that you are so far off base about that kind of thinking. Hmmm, we had separate drinking fountains in some u.s. cities until the 60's. So 40 years ago some redneck, who probably was a kkk member, screwed up, and now I have to deal with a professor thinking that I am a white elitist. So his racist statements are fair, in light of thew choices of a few, many years ago?

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
He never said you were a white elitist. If you aren't, then don't worry about it. You're taking his words out of context and trying to twist them into being an insult towards all white people. when he's clearly talking about the racist/corrupt white people who sell their souls and backstab everyone and anyone so they can get ahead.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jasonjnelson

I think that you are so far off base about that kind of thinking. Hmmm, we had separate drinking fountains in some u.s. cities until the 60's. So 40 years ago some redneck, who probably was a kkk member, screwed up, and now I have to deal with a professor thinking that I am a white elitist. So his racist statements are fair, in light of thew choices of a few, many years ago?

Ugggggh.

Well, other than the way you lighten my point up so that you feel yours sounds better (which I guess you felt you absolutely had to do because you are starting to think I might just be right after all), yes. And also, look at the prejudice here on ATS alone.

Tom Plate (the guy who wrote this article) is not a stupid man. He is stating the truth about Muslims, and you, instead of taking it at a realistic level, are pushing it to an untrue extreme by giving the comment I mentioned earlier. Despite your ideological beliefs on where our society truly is today, this is how minorities (including Muslims) think. And they think this way because they have seen our present, AND our past.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
[edit on 16-5-2008 by jetxnet]

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet
Bert, get your butt out of this country dude. You have no business being here. Go do missionary work in Africa, you just might meet that Muslim princess.

YEAH!!! Because only REAL Americans hate Muslims!!!

And I've already seen you post this video and made a comment about how biased and one-sided it is. Is this what you alway go to to prove a point? A ridiculous video that you can just post over and over again? Is this one-sided video your safety net? Is this how you do your research?

And why in the world are you telling me to get out of the country? Because I don't share your same hateful, prejudicial, uneducated views? Get real.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   

So which is it my friend? Are all white people rich fatcats, who are out to screw their fellow man, or are most americans racist? I mean, in a country where one of our two main candidates president are black, along with our last two Secretary of States, then it is painfully obvious to me that we have a MAJOR problem with institutionalized racism.

Against white people.

I think it is painfully obvious to me that you don't get out enough, out among the real population centers of this country. Or to major education institutions either. And it is truly painful to see professors send editorials overseas that characterize, or legitimize said characterization, of white people as being against the prosperity of alternative ways of thought. Also interesting to note the prof. pushing the idea that a shift to a muslim paradigm seems like a good idea, even though we are against church and state combinations.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Yeah, you've got it pegged. It's obviously one or the other.

C'mon and realize that that is how many minorities view things. I'm sure if you do some research, you'll come across the word 'oppressor' quite often.

I never said I agree with that, so your strategy to try and make me say that just fell flat. Read my posts and quit assuming.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   

So we are supposed to export "legitimate" editorials, and then these views are assumed to be mainstream. I mean after all, he is a UCLA Prof., right?
So If I believe, (hypothetically) that all mexicans are lazy bums who drink too much, it is okay to write a "legitimate" editorial, promoted by my credentials, that says its okay for others to see them that way?

You argued that, "hey, look around", that there is some sort of truth to this prof. ignorant and racist/elitist statements. I argue that this sort of racist thought is dying, and that validating "the muslim world view" as being one that we need to change through a muslim official, is just the most ridiculous thing ever.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   

You are SEVERELY twisting things around here and pushing it to exaggerated extremes. Don't worry, I'm seeing more and more of this type of irrational thinking here on ATS lately.

The article says:

Muslims would come to believe that America really is the land of opportunity for all

And you are twisting it into 'All white people are rich fatcats, who are out to screw their fellow man, or most americans racist?'. And then you're using this exaggerated reasoning to make your points, such as this Mexican example.

I'm not falling for your game.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
And if he is a muslim? Who Cares?

Lets get this straight for you ignorant people here..

He wont make America into a country run by Sharia law (he cant, its called the uhhh ''constitution'' and he wont be bale to get majority passing and approval for a new ''islamic amera'' amendmant).

Secondly, this is a democracy any one be they muslim or christian or buddhist should be allowed to run for president. Depends on what they stand for that counts.

The article is not biased and shows that people are people who should be viewed as a person not a stereotype due to americas islamaphobia pushed by the biased media.

[edit on 16-5-2008 by q_ball]

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reading this forums proves to me that racism hurts people feelings and pride

ATS Ask your self why little green alien would be scared to come to earth ?

thats easy all the muslims, christians, jews would kill him

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by jasonjnelson
Link to source

If the American president were in fact a Muslim, you must understand that more than 1.2 billion of the world's Muslims would want to vote for him. And if the American president were Muslim, Muslims would come to believe that America really is the land of opportunity for all — not just for white males who know how to fire people and then walk off with million-dollar bonuses because of how they kept costs down.

So when did all white people begin to become characterized as "those who fire people and then walk off with million dollar bonuses"? This was in a JAPANESE paper, and on their website. Yes, I know that this was a U.S. based editorial, but this is the seemingly legitimate thoughts of a tenured UCLA prof. that are being presented to the world as facts. Is this the culmination of the "white guilt" I hear others speak about? There are more poor starving white kids in america than the minority population has here (meaning poor). It's all sad,(poor starving children of any race or background) but it is also proof that the above drivel is just that...

First of all, by characterizing the white man as such, he is not being racist. He is making a stereotype. The difference is this:

Asians eat rice. This is a stereotype.
You are Asian, therefore you eat rice. This is racism.

Black people have big lips. This is a stereotype.
You are black, therefore you must have big lips. This is racism.

Do you understand?

Just to make sure:

White people are elitists who keep everyone else down. This is a stereotype
You are white, therefore you must be an elitist who keeps everyone else down. This is racism.

There are stereotypes for every kind of person. So what's so special about white people that they can't have a stereotype? Unless you really are an elitist. I mean, it is historically accurate that the white man has systematically screwed over every peoples they've encountered. I mean, there's the slave trade of course. Or do you ever wonder why there aren't that many Native Americans around? Then there's the opium war, let's not forget. Or how about the wholesale exploitation of India? I mean, come on, the list goes on and on.

If there is any stereotype for the white man, it would be the elitist that screws everyone over. Enough said.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by italkyoulisten

well executed point. Good way to put it. I stand slightly corrected.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join