It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everybody Knows

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
I myself have quoted similar things, but because I'm from the UK, i get tagged with the 'nauseating' title of being 'anti-american?', when actually the reason people like me and the others actually want you to sort your country out ...[edit on 16-5-2008 by mr-lizard]

Excuse me, but let me kindly suggest that you sort your own country out first, before concerning yourself with tthe U.S. or any other country. Quite frankly, if we needed your help with this sort of thing, we'd still be part of the "commonwealth" and pretend that we had a queen.

Don't know where to start? Try dealing with your own immigration issues for a start. Didn't we recently read that the head of your church thinks that allowing muslims to practice sharia law outside the English legal system was a good idea? I mean just wow! Can see a ton of problems developing from just that issue alone. So, off you go to work on that and other local issues, and we'll talk with you again at some later date - unless you need our help with any of that.

[edit on 5/17/2008 by centurion1211]

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Face in Sedonia just seen turning and coughing.

Stay tuned for further details.

BREAKING........

I cant wait for the Bushman to go- just go.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Face in Sedonia just seen turning and coughing.

Stay tuned for further details.

BREAKING........

I cant wait for the Bushman to go- just go.

Really? Tell me more.

Any word from (the faces on) Mt. Rushmore?

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Excuse me, but let me kindly suggest that you sort your own country out first, before concerning yourself with tthe U.S. or any other country. Quite frankly, if we needed your help with this sort of thing, we'd still be part of the "commonwealth" and pretend that we had a queen.

Im from the UK, and whilst i do understand your sentiment, I feel that was quite condescending towards that other poster, and uncalled for. I know the Uk has problems (big ones at that), but surely i, and others, can still talk about global issues.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Just want to say, that over the years, this Administration
has done a fabulous job of changing my opinion of them,
without any help from anyone on this forum.

With that said, I agree wholeheartedly with everything DD has to say. This Administration has made it abundantly clear that they do NOT hold our best interests in mind. They should be independently investigated, and 9-11 should be re-investigated. I don't ever want to think about my country torturing again. I don't ever want to feel like MY President and his Administration are guilty of War Crimes. I want Congress to be investigated too. Bush says his biggest fear is another 9-11 after a Democrat gets elected, while he sits in office prodding the biggest wasp nest and the backdoor is WIDE OPEN. Talk about creating more problems for my Country than solving. This is NOT what I voted for.

The real shame are the people who aren't up in arms
with what this Aministration has done to our Republic.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by JCM64

Im from the UK, and whilst i do understand your sentiment, I feel that was quite condescending towards that other poster, and uncalled for. I know the Uk has problems (big ones at that), but surely i, and others, can still talk about global issues.

Originally posted by JCM64

Since you you understand my sentiments, then surely you can also understand how it can have grown so tiresome to read post after post from people with no clue on how to keep their own house in order telling me (or us) how we should fix ours. My point is exactly this: if you have even one iota of energy that you feel can be devoted to "fixing something", then start at home. And when you finally have everything perfect there, then you can start offering us some advice. Isn't the rest of the world always complaining be cause the U.S. tries to meddle in their affairs? Well, to complain and then do the same in reverse is nothing short of hypocritical. "Talking about global issues" is not the same as the poster's comments about "wanting us to sort our country out" that I took issue with.

You mentioned that "the Uk has problems (big ones at that)", so please go ahead and sort those all out - while we can still have this conversation in English.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Poor,poor old america. Once the dream destination of the worlds people tired of repressive laws, in fear of being heard saying the wrong thing,the wrong colour or background.................now these are surfacing in america the same way
PleaseI want to look up proudly to a great nation and feel secure in the knowledge of the integrity of its leaders.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Well DD, some of your posts do come across as rather extremist rants, and the effect they have on the curious and uncommitted reader is obviously going to be a turn-off.

The undermining of the original ideals laid down in The Constitution and The Bill of Rights goes way, way back before Cheney. The manipulation of power by vested interests and Intels claiming 'national security' as justifying secrecy and riding roughshod over the law goes back to at least 1941, and possibly even to the C19. Cheney just happens to be prominently visible in the current administration, so the unsophisticated analysis ignorant of real history claims this has all happened in the past few years. It hasn't.

Take a look at Rich Dolan's recent article on the coming war with Iran:

www.keyholepublishing.com...

for a deeper perspective.

Cheers.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I suggest to any one who hasn't seen it to watch Michael Moores movie "Fahrenheit 9/11 ". It shows you Bushs connections to the Carlisle Group and how alot of the people at postions of power in the United State Goverment don't want the war to end becuase thier getting paid off of it. Sad but true.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I'm new here but I can tell everyone on here that you would benefit greatly by going to google video and watching the 75 minute video of Lindsey Williams.
It will clear everything up for you and you will see ALL the trees in the forest.

peace

rusty

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   

reply to post by DimensionalDetective

It is only you that seems to be "squirting out" anything.

I feel my questions are valid and I see questions like it asked all the time when threads don't seem to fit the forum they are opened in. Again, exactly how is a tired rehash of literally thousands of previous Bush/U.S. bashing threads = breaking alternative news? Where is your breaking new information, or does it just somehow make you feel better to keep on on beating an (almost) dead horse?

Show us the new info, or take a chill pill ... Sheesh!

Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

-- Dylan Thomas

Yes he does have quite a bit of pts... this is not to say he accumulates them based on posts alone.. I myself found my pts increasing recently and it was not due to added posts but the "star" some posters wish to place upon others who they can relate too or agree with.

Relating does not necessarily mean that one agrees with certainty what another thoughts are, just that someone is able to comprehend what the other view is.

This is not bus bashing but a "history" of what was and what may be. Unless you found a "chink" in the bush bashing/US armour then by all means bring your views and opinions.

If all you really are looking to do is compare your personal view on another posting style... then your contribution not only here but on this board reflects the same view your wishing to place on the OP.

Peace...

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
You either buy into the media representation that anyone opposing the US reenactment of the Holy Roman Empire is a nutjob, or terrorist. Or you buy into traditional values and know we are on a hell bound train.

This is an election year. We have the power, but either too many are hypnotized, or we truly are nutjobs. The bit about us being potential terrorists, tells me we are not nutters!

We need a hero not sanctioned by the system, and for all I know even those who look like potential candidates for that position are carefully crafted shills. The problem is getting enough exposures of reality through the filters to those who are sleep walking. That will not happen by posting here. I am open for suggestions. I can tell you that the web alone will not do the job.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bcs8484
I suggest to any one who hasn't seen it to watch Michael Moores movie "Fahrenheit 9/11 ". It shows you Bushs connections to the Carlisle Group and how alot of the people at postions of power in the United State Goverment don't want the war to end becuase thier getting paid off of it. Sad but true.

Or.. you could find that post on ATS where I learned that 25%! of congressmen in the states have investments with DOD!?!?

Whenever there is a budget to prolong any war, past or present, those budgets go to industries that benefit any and all who have vested interests financially.

And a side thought.... no wonder the US government wants to call the internet a threat... its information like this and a lot more which can enlighten all those able to access information that would take them out of their "box" to see the big picture.

[edit on 17-5-2008 by Willbert]

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
The bottom of the first paragraph says we, The People, "permitted it". I am sick of hearing this BS rationalization. The People have indicted the so called "representatives" and the response is always the same: evade the indictments and obfuscate, ignore The People, use denial, pass the buck, etc. Only the criminally insane corporate mouthpieces would dare to rationalize this mess by saying The People "permitted it".

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
"Speak not of Revolution unless you are willing to die before the revolution comes."

And thats the point. Everybody knows but too few are concerned enough to make sacrifices. While our "elected leaders" do not second guess making whichever sacrifice is needed.

Most are not in a "stand up and fight" mode but "sit back and rant". I won't exclude myself there but not without feeling ashamed and rather helpless

[edit on 17-5-2008 by nirbid]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

You can always spot a manipulator. They attack the argument and completely ignore the valid points that were made.

Just because other issues exist in this world doesn't mean that a person cant observe an injustice or problem.

Nice try.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I'm on DD's side on this... keep posting, I'll keep reading. As long as you don't turn into another Michael Moore, lol... sorry, but I just don't like the guy. He found a nitche to make money, that's it.

As far as "It's election year", "November is coming soon", etc.... so what? We vote a new pres in, and we're still stuck with the old jackasses until like February? We still have another 9 months for them to completely ruin us (not just Americans. Those countries that rely on us, the countries we've already ruined... and how many other countries are Bush/Cheney going to decide we need to police before their leave?). Also, what makes you think the elections are going to be fair? What makes you think your vote really counts? And for that matter, what makes you think they will even count your vote?

Was the 2004 Election Stolen?
Voting Irregularities

Heck... I'll make it easy... just google: Voting Fraud 2000
and
Voting Fraud 2004

As for Cheney and Bush doing all this just for Oil, I dunno... there was an ATS thread about some Alaska oil field. Gull Island. It was fairly recent, if I recall. Anyways, here:
Gull Island Oil - Google

That's alot of war if we are holding the largest field... unless it's kept quiet so no other countries try pulling an "Operation Liberate Alaska" scheme like the Bush clan has with Iraq.

Personally, I'm sick of the crap. I'm sick of the reinterpretations to suit their needs, I don't think a 'NEW" president will be any better, either. That is MY opinion. Don't argue with it, just state your own opinion. If ya don't like this thread, don't read it. If you don't like how DD is getting so many points, DON'T POST! He gets points for your replies. It's that simple. Just ignore him like you've been ignoring the problems around us.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Apparently his affiliations haven't hurt his bottom line either. Just read an article yesterday showing his net worth went from something like 30 mil to 300 mil. Halliburton been 'vely vely good to him'.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   
What a bunch of sheep.
If you think you are powerless you are a fool who has let him/herself be brainwashed into thinking one person cannot change the world. History proves time and again that one person can make a world of difference.

Nobody is powerless. The sad truth is that most people choose to not do anything about it. Its a choice to go to work every day and to pay your bills instead of rising up against your enemies en masse with guns and bombs. Theres hardly a conspiracy here, the politicians are just capitolizing on the human drive to maintain the status quo. People are comfortable with their routine. On top of that most paths to change require a massive sacrifice of life. Few are willing to die for what they believe.

If you look at the school and workplace shootings that have grown more and more frequent in the last 5 to 10 years what you are seeing is the alienated and disenfranchised people who by being ostracized have not totally absorbed the party line of propeganda. People outside of a system have better perspective on the system in question. Unfortunately in being segregated they lack the organization for true revolution in the classic sense, and finding their existence both unecessary and unpleasant, seek to destroy the society around them which they see as monstrous and evil. Those who have conformed and found social acceptance will rarely ever reach the same conclusions which seem obvious to the outsider.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76

I'm curious. Do you really foresee any big changes after November? Or will it be more of the same crap that we've lived with for the last 2 years after the dems took Congress and the Senate and then just started giving us a long list of excuses?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join