It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

convert your car to run on water & gas

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
not to mention all that already stated, another concern is the sorts of electrolytes people are using, like lye, I just hope people are disposing of that correctly.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by psychedeliack
not to mention all that already stated, another concern is the sorts of electrolytes people are using, like lye, I just hope people are disposing of that correctly.

Electrolytes are just one of the many ways in which the electrolysis process can be manipulated or adjusted. I wouldn't recommend lye as a starting point for an electrolyte but instead simple baking soda or salt is fine for experimentation. Lye reacts with aluminium to produce hydrogen on its own so hydrogen production would vary depending on cell materials and design even more than usual.

As always, I will not leave an HHO post without mentioning the magnificent effects of resonance on the electrolysis process. Resonance is a phenomenon in which a force is applied repeatedly at the natural frequency of a system and large amplitude oscillations result.

Resonance is not needed whatsoever when we talk about supplementing a car's gasoline with HHO generated from the current coming from the car battery, and thus increasing gas mileage. However, resonance can be employed if we are interested in generating extremely large amounts of HHO while using minimal electricity. This is the method used by Brown's Gas Plant generators capable of producing up to 500,000 litres of HHO per hour while using manageable electrical input.

<< 1   >>

join