It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Malmstrom AFB Missile Silos vs Area 51?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Hi,

I have been reading alot now about the missile silos in the area of Malmstrom AFB.

Interms in security, is more or equally secured by armed personal than Area 51 is?? In other woeds, whoever approaches these silos, will they get the deadly force treatment???? One time I heard that if a rabbit approaches these silos, armed security forces come out....even if its a false alarm. So is this area more guarded than Area 51?

I would think its more guarded than Area 51, because Area 51 does not keep NUCLEAR missiles handy.....they just design secret spy planes and stuff.

Thx.

[edit on 11-5-2008 by infocon_delta]

[edit on 11-5-2008 by infocon_delta]

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Well you got 500 nukes with either single warheads or carry a bus(mirv) in one of 15 geographic locations in a relative small area.I dont think i would want anything to interupt them either.Plus since 911 security everyplace is tighter.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
You beat my last editing...

I would think its more guarded than Area 51, because Area 51 does not keep NUCLEAR missiles handy.....they just design secret spy planes and stuff.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I wouldnt want to jump the fence so to speak at either location.I would think since area 51 is still listed as classified or otherwords dont exist.But i think they did go public somehow in 1995,that place would be tighter.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
According to Google Earth, I dont even see fighter aircrafts on the tarmac on the Malmstrom AFB itself....Theres no aircraft on stand-by...Is this airport ever used at all for miltary fighter jets?

[edit on 12-5-2008 by infocon_delta]

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
It's open just for the local helicopter squadron. Everything has been pretty much decommissioned as far as the air field itself.

EDIT to add: www.malmstrom.af.mil...

[edit on 12-5-2008 by _Del_]

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
All missile silos (launch facilities) are secured. There are military patrols in the area of each, however, at best estimate, the locking and entry systems would take 10-12 hours to overcome and the base is required to have overwelming force on the ground at any penetrated site within 90 minutes last I heard. There are extremely sensitive sensors at every launch facility. 18 year old military cops with assault weapons, .50 cal machine guns and grenade launchers... probably NOT a good idea to test them.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I really dont think that your going to see someone use a grenade launcher muchless a 50 cal at a facility with kt warheads.Not gonna happen.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by alienstar

why not, You do realize they are underground and they have like a 10 ton cement door that covers the hole. rocket launcher or 50 cal is not going to even flinch a warhead. Protection is protection though, typically SP's are going the be carrying small arms typical pistol and M-16 variant and maybe even a squad weapon possibly at the most.
my 2 cents

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Well a 9mm or 40 cal for a handgun and the .223 is a lil different then a rocket launcher and 50 cal being carried/and or used.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
sorry i meant grenade launcher not rocket launcher, SF would never carry a rocket launcher, most m-16 variants carried by SF have a grenade launcher on them. so yes it would be feasible for them to carry such a weapon. a 50 cal is also feasible when it is mounted on a humvee and is used to disable approaching vehicles, 50 cal range is pretty long and lethal so easily able to stop an approaching vehicle. THink big picture when it comes to weapons choices to protect missile silos.

new topics

top topics

join