It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

switching from analog to digitial television? why?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
what exactly is the intention behind this switch? to save analog space for military/gov use? will cb's and ham radios become ilegall? what is going on here. i cant find any info on it using a search engine and when i do it seems like the content has been removed

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Better, clearer picture? I have to admit, digital looks great on a 42+ inch flat screen LDC TV. Could also because its a better quality of signal. Like computers, you might as well go with the newest tech or be left behind......yet for some reason I still have a 700mhz desk top at home

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
The sky is not falling my friend. Take a gander at this.

DTV Transition

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
QB,

I think I remember reading that the bandwidth that analog uses will be consumed by the military once the digital switch happens.

I will have to do some googling to find out if my memory is correct.

M

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by QBSneak000

i dont see a differance personally. the new digital tv's just seem to look like they have a clear layer of static to them. i would like to know why this is becoming mandatory

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Well ahaha.

Better picture quality more channel's yes it's progress.

Now for something else to think about i used to have Analog upstair's and digital downstair's.

There was maybe a 5 second delay the analog would broadcast first then 5 second's later i would hear the Digital downstair's.

Maybe and this is just a personal stab in the dark.

Digital is much easier to manipulate in certain way's where as with Analog you just got what you got lol.

Also another stab in the dark but with Digital if might be easier to manipulate what you see ?

So in summary a time delay and possible visual manipulation.

In reality tho who really know's ?

Whay fix something that is not broken ?

One final thing both my digital boxes emit a strange tone almost like a uhf tone.

It remind's me of another tone i hear now and again lol.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

[edit on 7-5-2008 by h3akalee]

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Moving television to digital will free up a chunk of broadcast spectrum that can be used for other things like broadband internet and emergency radio applications.

Digital doesn't broadcast nearly as far as the current analog signals though and digital may also be more easily intercepted, deciphered and altered.

Limit broadcast range. Free up analog long-distance communication bandwidths for oh, I don't know, RFID or Wi-Fi ID. Emergency services communications like FEMA for instance. Have a signal pumping at shorter ranges into everyone's homes that is easily altered, intercepted and deciphered.

We're switching to digital for NWO purposes. It's that simple.
But you get to buy a cool flat TV you can hang on the wall. Isn't that wonderful?

I'm hanging onto my old TV and will be periodically scanning the channels in 2009 and beyond to see if anything shows up on it.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
im curious as to whats going on to bring this change so suddenly. yeah i know its not for another year but usually stuff this big sees to be mentioned 5 years in advance to allow for a slow gradual transistion.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
If i were to step out on a tightrope and walk on broken glass the purpose of using Digital with it's said small range.

Could be down to future intervention from other species from other world's sending us messages thru our t.v haha.

Well im not scared to throw that one out there no matter what anyone think's and i have not reason to.

Bottom line all hypothetical chit chat aside this is definatley some from of control but for what at this moment in time we just dont know.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
As mentioned, a better quality picture and programming (programming could be taken to mean different things
)

I suppose the mandatory switch over could be based around not having a need to offer both formats, and just going with the better quality.

This also (of course) will produce more money for the Cable networks and a better playing field for any 'up and coming' cable companies.

As more channels are added, more people will have the 'ability' to order them and view them without any inconvenience. Nice huh.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
It's not like we have to watch TV

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I've already spelled out exactly what's going on here.

There's nothing mysterious. Analog TV wastes a massive part of the EM spectrum, as opposed to digital TV that uses the bandwidth much more efficiently. The government (FCC) has auctioned off the block of the EM spectrum to various companies, and they can do with it what they wish. Some will use it to provide internet access to subscribers, etc. There's nothing NWO about it, it's just a progression of technology. Seeing a conspiracy in this is ridiculous, as the government has been very open about what it's doing, and why.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
There is definitely something fishy going on with this switch, IMO. My personal theory is that they have some sort of control mechanism installed in these digital TV's, whether it is just some sort of frequency that influences our thoughts or a device that watches what we do. If you think about it having some sort of recording/ transmission device installed within these TV's would allow the government enormous amounts of spying capabilities. They would be in every home.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
*bangs head on the wall*

really? what is wrong with you people?
look, they have been pushing this switch for YEARS.. this isn't something new.. this isn't something evil.. it's called evolution baby!
to say there is no info on this out there is WRONG..

1 analogue station = 3 or more digital stations.
there is bigger (more) bandwidth using digital vs analogue
the delay in picture isn't because of some crazy NWO take over.. (sheesh) it's because you get the signal (analogue) over the air in one case (which is more direct) or digital that goes through a few xfer points along the way.. oh.. and the fact that your STB will slow it down when it's decoded.

also... im not sure if you guys follow any news at all but they had these things called "auctions".. now at these "auctions" they sold certain "spectrum" to the highest bidder..
google got a big chunk.. cell companies got a big chunk.. emergency services got a chunk... so when you dial 911, or turn on the digital tv or call up one of your buds on ur cell phone, thats just old tv spectrum.

I swear, it's stupid threads like this that make me think this place is being worked over by government people all the time..

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Big Dick Cheney was the deciding vote on this...anything this man has his fingers in is subject to some form of scrutiny.To stick with the theme of conspiracy that this site offers up...perhaps it makes project bluebeam that much easier to pull off.

Cheney breaks tie link.

news.zdnet.com...

Project Bluebeam link.

educate-yourself.org...

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Isn't the digital format the only way to transmit 'High Definition'

or are the terms digital and HDTV mean the same thing?

the local PBS channels and i guess its the Disney channel
have been transmitting their shows and the pictures (to my eye)
are horrendous... the color is way too gaudy & unnatural...
like a gaming animation...

but, the illuminati use light & color to mesmerize the masses

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

(to my eye)
are horrendous... the color is way too gaudy & unnatural...
like a gaming animation...

I agree, I cant actually watch any digitall tv as it gives me a headache after abut 30 minutes.
Its ok for static images but when the picture moves i can see the pixels

[edit on 9-5-2008 by Dar Kuma]

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
So if I understand correctly, the FCC has decided to sell an intangible product, that no one can actually possess to begin with. (The Airways) to the highest corporate bidder.
Upon selling this product they then force anyone who wishes to continue to watch television to upgrade to a form of television that has to have a signal sent to it to view.
Now previously the television could passively pick up passing signals with no fear of future charges once someone made the initial purchase of the Television itself.
Now that they will have everyone go digital where the television cannot simply pick up a passing signal, how long do you think it will be before we have to have a license to watch T.V. ala the UK or pay a monthly subscription for local programs that where once free of charge?
Call me a pessimist but I don't think that the federal government simply wants to make sure the 80 year old woman living in her one bedroom apartment has the best possible picture when she watches "Murder She Wrote".

[edit on 04/13/2008 by sacerd]

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Bottom line Analog television was at it's limits of a 512 lines interlaced resolution. That's 256 lines painted on your screen at a time first the odd lines then even. Now, we have the option of 1024i & 720p as well as others, they have been broadcasting them for several years now. That old bandwidth has already been allocated (sold) for other uses.

If you really want to know the truth This link explains it pretty well.

Dr. Perter Utz

One problem with HDTV: There is so much detail in the picture that it requires very high frequencies to transmit the information. In the analog world, it would require the equivalent of five TV channels to broadcast just one HDTV image.

Analog TV signals consist of vibrating electronic waves. Every detail in a picture is represented by a vibration. The more details you have, the more vibrations the wave must make. There is a limit to how many vibrations you can pack into a 6 MHz TV channel, which explains why HDTV doesn't fit in normal analog TV channel allotments.

[edit on 10-5-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
The really odd thing is how the government will reimburse money for you to buy the converter box. Many people may switch over to a box or new TV with the government Economic Stimulus checks. Timely, don't you think?

TV is brainwashing anyway. Seriously. Get away from it and the mind is much clearer. I did for several years and was amazed when I returned.

Sad thing is... no more emergency TV reception. When the electric is out, we will no longer be able to pull out battery operated TVs or radios to hear/see the local news for reports of disasters or crisis that may have taken out the electric.

We are really setting ourselves up to be easily paralyzed.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join