It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone else feel like this...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   
That their life will not be complete without proving or disproving the existance of intelligent extraterrestrial life?

That you are constantly thinking of ways to get information or find information or improve the technology used for the hunt for ETs?

I don't know, I just feel that I cannot die completely happy without knowing one way or the other wether aliens exist or not.

This might be one of the many reasons my dream job is in either the CIA, NSA, or FBI...This also might be why I aspire to run for some high ranking office position eventually in life.

I'm even considering going to AFIT (located in WPAFB) for my Master's degree (when I reach that stage).

I don't know, but does anyone else feel this strongly towards the subject?

[Edited on 27-2-2004 by Cutwolf]

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   
In a way yes.

However, over the years I fear life has made me somewhat 'salty'...and so now there is part of me that is resigned to the 'fact' I'll not know these things and instead need to focus upon what my own concept of 'truth' is and live regardless of the constraints of any 'must find outs'...

...if that makes sense...

Good luck in your search.

Peace,
ALIEN

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   
umm not really ill be happy with my life once i get laid for 10 days straight

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I certainly feel the same way. You always hear on these documentaries that "we arent that advanced, maybe in a hundred years or so..."
Well, then what's the point? I dont know either, and righ now i am contridicting myself, so this post might not make alot of sense. I am jealous of future generations

Another thing is, how do they know life has to exist only on planets with water sources? or an atmosphere?
How do we not know that other beings might be totally opposite of us? They might not have electricity, or anything like it, or better yet not be able to send radio messages through space (those scientists searching radiowaves to me are a joke).
Ok, i'm going nowhere (this is only my second post). Overall, i totally agree with you.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 09:07 PM
link   
As for "how do they know life...?" They don't. They only know how life on this planet works. There has got to be stuff out there that would boggle the mind......

I really want to know if ETs do exist before I die, I just think that I am resigning to the fact that it most likely will not happen any of our lifetimes.

[Edited on 27-2-2004 by Facefirst]

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cutwolf
I don't know, I just feel that I cannot die completely happy without knowing one way or the other wether aliens exist or not.

This might be one of the many reasons my dream job is in either the CIA, NSA, or FBI...This also might be why I aspire to run for some high ranking office position eventually in life.

That would be very good if we could see some solid evidence and have "contact" with alien beings in the near future.

If you do ever end up in one of those high ranking offices, you probably won't even be allowed to tell us what you know about the ET coverup. If you find something, don't forget about ATS if you wish to expose the coverups in the future.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Well, I certainly would like to the government come clean before I die but knowing that they are still keeping it secret since 1947 I truly doubt it will happen. So I guess I will say I will die a happy man.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Facefirst
As for "how do they know life...?" They don't. They only know how life on this planet works. There has got to be stuff out there that would boggle the mind......

I really want to know if ETs do exist before I die, I just think that I am resigning to the fact that it most likely will not happen any of our lifetimes.

[Edited on 27-2-2004 by Facefirst]

i agree - i think people are limiting their thinking by comparing the unknown to what we know here on Earth. Regrettably, this is our only reference to this vast universe we live in. Unfortunately, we are forced to work with what we know.

For these reasons, I feel that actual proof of alien life would expand peoples minds in ways that would never be truly appreciated for years to come.

Expand your mind.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   
it wont be long now and the fact that E.T.s exist will be made known
look for the first reports of there existence in the next two to three years and for them to show there faces before 2010

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cutwolf
That their life will not be complete without proving or disproving the existance of intelligent extraterrestrial life?

That you are constantly thinking of ways to get information or find information or improve the technology used for the hunt for ETs?

I'm even considering going to AFIT (located in WPAFB) for my Master's degree (when I reach that stage).

I don't know, but does anyone else feel this strongly towards the subject?

Yuo know i relly want to know now
lol, but yea i want to know if aliens are real beofe i die, but im 99.9% sure they are and they probably are. I just want to see one.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I would like to see it all. I feel that we are in the begining of technology and science. I dont mean the very begeining but it seems thats we are doing things that seemed impossible 100 years ago, 50 years ago and even 5 years ago. I want to be alive to see the climate changes, the water eroisons. There is so much amazing things we will sadly miss out on.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   

it wont be long now and the fact that E.T.s exist will be made known
look for the first reports of there existence in the next two to three years and for them to show there faces before 2010

And you know this how?

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I used to get that feeling when I was younger, now I don't care as I don't believe they're there.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   

If you do ever end up in one of those high ranking offices, you probably won't even be allowed to tell us what you know about the ET coverup. If you find something, don't forget about ATS if you wish to expose the coverups in the future.

Why would I do something (reveal classified information) that would get me fired from my dream job? Use common sense, that would be just stupid

top topics

join