It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spectral Cat - Strange Conincidence...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I am posting the following story for a friend of mine. I will be quoting directly from her myspace blog with her permission. The following story did not happen to me, but I am hoping that it will spark some lively conversation and maybe help console my friend as I will be giving her a link to this thread so she can read the responses. Her name is Marisa if you want to reply to her by name. I am a similar experience years ago which I'll post is this threat gains any traction.

external source
My new kitten, or so it seems. Say what you will, I am a pretty big believer in fate, things happening for a reason, and the idea that some events simply cannot be chalked up to mere coincidence.
My nine year old cat went missing yesterday, seemed to simply vanish into thin air. I believe its more likely she jumped or fell out of my second story window and ran, crawled, or limped to the line of trees nearby. I like to think she fell accidentally, as Cleo is not the most graceful cat on the face of the earth.
Last night marcia and I searched high and low; I put up signs, alerted the office, talked to everyone I came in contact with, and called her name into every bush and tree that I happened to pass. No trace of her.
Hours of searching, both in daylight, and with flashlights at night have come up with no results. Until tonight. Around 930 marcia and I thought we would give the search another go. I was shining a light near a huge cluster of trees when I heard her yell that she had found her. My heart seemed to stop and I ran as fast as I could.
By the time I got there, though, the elusive cat had run into a cluster of really thick trees. It was so dark inside I could see nothing really. We called out for the cat and I shook the container in my hand. The more I shook the more we could make out a faint mewing noise. The more I heard it the more obvious it became that it was not Cleo. My cat has a bellowing cry that could wake the dead! Not wanting to take the chance, we made our way through darkness, clawing branches, and surely spiders as well.
In the center of it all was a huge tree with a pit dug beneath the base of it and a tiny black kitten no larger than my hand lay there crying as loud as it likely could.
We looked around for the elusive cat and saw its eyes gleaming down at us from the top of the hill. It made no move, just stared. We picked up the kitten and contemplated our next move.

Now this is where it gets a little too coincidental for me. This kitten looks just like my cat did as a kitten. We are led to it by some wierd ghost-cat who also looks like mine, when we are out looking for mine. I'm aware it sounds completely insane but I felt, in that moment, like this was my cat reborn.
We took the kitten up to my apartment, went out and got some supplies, and are trying to feed her, make her cozy, happy, healthy and warm. In a few weeks, ill take her in for some tests.
The crazy thing is that she has the same dent in her nose that my cat does. And she's solid black. I've named her Sirius. Siri for short.
And I'm not giving up on the return of my cat. Maybe all her nights in the window, she too heard this kitten howling and wanted to investigate. Who knows.

[edit on 4/26/08 by nythscape]

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
really hope youre older cat comes back to you safe and well,maybe its related in some way to cleo,you saved its life and it knows it.

new topics

join