It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Destruction of America by 2009

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I don't normally put lots of unrelated stories together like this, but for some time I've been watching and seeing things I don't like. Taken separately, they're not too bad, but when you connect the dots and look at where some of this is taking us, I have to wonder if it actually is related and just the gradual path to something, the NWO maybe, but something bad.

Have you ever noticed how often the MSM repeats the same thing all the time. Across different networks, you have all of these commentators with such differing views, but all you hear is the same phrases coming out of their mouths. Just watch an episode of The Daily Show to see an example of this. At least once a week they're able to put together a montage of different networks and several people on them saying the same exact thing on a subject. Then all you have to do is turn to those channels and see that it's true.

They're jamming our opinions down our throats. If something comes up, they tell us how we feel about it. They're still somehow in business, too, even though they report what they want and leave out important issues that affect us all. We're treated to stories about Britney and her meltdown instead of the destruction of our constitution by the PTB.

Here's a thread going about the media and mind control: www.abovetopsecret.com...

While they're not telling us what's really happening, many are missing out on important legislation that removes our rights. It is well known that the government is against its citizens having guns. That's the reason the founding fathers created the 2nd amendment in the first place. They lived through what happens when government goes bad, and had they not had any weapons to fight back with, we'd all be drinking tea with british accents right now. (Not a bad thing, really) For the same reasons, the government doesn't want us to have guns so we can't revolt in the event of oppression. That's why they are slowly eating away at our gun rights.

They're starting in localized settings. Small areas where they can claim minor victories in the name of crime, opening the doors for other cities and towns to do the same. www.abovetopsecret.com... They can't do that on a national level though, it would never fly, it's too obvious on that scale. But what they can do is start with a 'harmless' tracking of serial numbered bullets. www.ammunitionaccountability.org... www.abovetopsecret.com...'

Once this legislation passes in every state, every gun owner will have to destroy any uncoded ammunition they have by 2011, and purchase the numbered bullets. The government will know who has what kind of ammo and how much of it. Not only will they be able to track all of this, they'll be able to use this against you. If they want to put you away, simply stamp the serial number of bullets you've purchased on one of their own and gun someone down or plant it on a crime scene. How can you argue with that? You bought the ammo, you didn't report any of it stolen, hell you probably already used it all at the shooting range, so now you're the main suspect.

Maybe it's harmless, maybe they aren't lying when they include clauses that state the information can only be used by law enforcement in crime investigations. But, how easily can something intended one way be turned another.

---Continued----

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
The Patriot Act, a nice sounding name for something that goes against all our nation has stood for. If you don't support something called the Patriot act, you're obviously not patriotic. This act gives the government, the president, an enormous amount of power, especially in the event of an attack. The Patriot Act has probably been discussed to death here, so I'll let you look at this thread about it and move on. www.abovetopsecret.com... Given the information collection methods authorized in TPA, wiretapping, etc, it just helps them use this new legislation against the common US citizen, if passed: www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's almost as if they know there will be a backlash to whatever it is they're planning for the future and they want to get laws in place now that will let them deal with it. It doesn't even specify the actual use or threat of violence. The words it uses are planning, threatening, and force. Force, not violence. Planning, not doing. Force has broad definitions including: 4. power to influence, affect, or control; efficacious power; 6. persuasive power; power to convince; 10. any body of persons combined for joint action; and many more. dictionary.reference.com... It may not be intended in any of these ways, but it could easily be interpreted by Homeland Security in any of these ways. Just think, an organized protest can be defined as a force (noun), which is using force (verb), their power to convince. Just this, would allow them to arrest you as a homegrown terrorist.

How long before this isn't just a future worry but a current worry. How long before the people who think they are safe because they abide by the law and these things only affect criminals, terrorists, and crazy anti-government militias are turning anti-government due to rises in fuel costs, home heating costs, electricity costs, wars, food shortages, mortgage crisis, economic downturn, unemployment, you name it.

We go along with the process because there's nothing you can do as an individual but vote and hope your representatives don't sell us out. Unfortunately, they are selling us out. I get the feeling sometimes that there's people out there that know something that we don't. en.wikipedia.org... www.abovetopsecret.com... Jesse Ventura, former governor of Minnesota is now living in Mexico, completely off the grid; solar power and all.

I have to wonder why they need to pass another one of these directives: www.whitehouse.gov...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's not as if we haven't had these before, only now the wording is public. Now they are putting much of the power in case of a national emergency in the hands of Homeland Security, an organization that already has plenty of powers due to the Patriot Act, and if the Homegrown terrorist act passes, even more. Why would they make this one public, though? Can it be so that we have access to it and can't really argue when the time comes. If it was secret and the president enacted it, we wouldn't even know what that meant for us, or if what he was doing was legal, but now, if it is enacted we know exactly what it means.

What kind of event would get the president to use this directive? www.abovetopsecret.com... How can terrorists top 9/11? There's really only one way in my mind, and it's nuclear. Was this just some kind of test, or a diversion; kind of like just hiding something in plain sight. Hey we messed up with these nuclear warheads, my bad, we'll fix the issue, and one or more disappear while we're all shocked that this could have happened in the first place. That's speculative, of course, almost everything here is. I'll even agree that some of these are leaps, but even taken by themselves are disturbing.

--continued--

[edit on 23-4-2008 by Sovereign797]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
The government eroding our rights, trying to take away our guns and where that's not possible to restrict or track them. The slow and deliberate introduction of bills and law that claims to be fighting terrorism yet at the same time takes away our rights and broadens definitions. The foresight of things to come by people who might just know more than we do. The ability of our current and arguably most controversial president ever to take almost full control of the government alongside Homeland Security in the event of some vaguely defined emergency. Possibly a link to what may cause such an emergency.

Maybe I've been wrong not to connect the dots. Fooling myself as the government hoped I would, we all would, into thinking there's 'nothing to see here, move along.' It works on the weak minded. As long as the destruction of our rights and the building of a new age is fed to us slowly, we'll take it, not realizing how it all fits together. When we look at the big picture we see that maybe they're not telling us something and it's our duty to find out what and fight it as long as we have power to do so.

The European Union, how did we even let that happen? For me, at least, not living there, it snuck up and just kind of happened. That was just the beginning, now it looks to get even worse. www.abovetopsecret.com... I won't pretend to know what it all means, but I have my guesses. Europe was just a way to get us all used to the idea. Now that it's going pretty well, we can say hey, why not the US, Mexico, and Canada?

americas-union.org...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

If allowed to happen, it's only just another stepping stone to a one world government. And it's not just Canada, US, and Mexico, it involves all of the Americas. The EU is always adding new member states as well. Before long we'll unite with the EU as well and then its a matter of time before we start putting it to the rest of the world, join us or be cast out, oppose us and be wiped out.

Who will run the American Union? I don't know, but I have my thoughts on who will run the US at least for the next 4 years. You can guarantee, however, that the US will take a central role in the AU government. And while it may start out pretending at democracy, there can be no question we'll all be losing a lot of rights with a new constitution.

We can prevent all of this from becoming disastrous. We can ensure that even if we are headed in a one world government direction, that it remains a just and free society. It's up to everyone to fight for our rights, by voting, writing, calling your representatives. Get involved in keeping us free.

One more thing, I believe by the end of this year we'll know if a lot of our ideas are true or not. I believe that we'll know who the enemy is beyond a shadow of a doubt and that if there's cause for revolution we'll see it. If there is not cause for drastic actions then by the end of this year, personally, I'll be satisfied. Bush will be on the way out of office, we'll know who the next president will be, and I'll be able to rest easy. On the other hand, if things are going to go to hell, I think we'll know it by the end of the year.

Regardless, we always have to be involved to keep our country free, independent, and corruption free. Only when we question everything and deny ignorance can we hope to acheive that.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   

A Hell of a Mess A Hell of a Mess

So here's where we stand. We're immersed in a bloody war with no plan for winning and no plan for leaving. We're running the biggest deficit in the history of the country. We're losing the manufacturing edge to Asia, while our once-great companies are getting slaughtered by health care costs. Gas prices are skyrocketing, and nobody in power has a coherent energy policy. Our schools are in trouble. Our borders are like sieves. The middle class is being squeezed every which way. These are times that cry out for leadership.

But when you look around, you've got to ask: "Where have all the leaders gone?" Where are the curious, creative communicators? Where are the people of character, courage, conviction, competence, and common sense? I may be a sucker for alliteration, but I think you get the point.

Name me a leader who has a better idea for homeland security than making us take off our shoes in airports and throw away our shampoo? We've spent billions of dollars building a huge new bureaucracy, and all we know how to do is react to things that have already happened.

Name me one leader who emerged from the crisis of Hurricane Katrina. Congress has yet to spend a single day evaluating the response to the hurricane, or demanding accountability for the decisions that were made in the crucial hours after the storm. Everyone's hunkering down, fingers crossed, hoping it doesn't happen again. Now, that's just crazy. Storms happen. Deal with it. Make a plan. Figure out what you're going to do the next time.

Name me an industry leader who is thinking creatively about how we can restore our competitive edge in manufacturing. Who would have believed that there could ever be a time when "the Big Three" referred to Japanese car companies? How did this happen—and more important, what are we going to do about it?

Name me a government leader who can articulate a plan for paying down the debt, or solving the energy crisis, or managing the health care problem. The silence is deafening. But these are the crises that are eating away at our country and milking the middle class dry.

I have news for the gang in Congress. We didn't elect you to sit on your asses and do nothing and remain silent while our democracy is being hijacked and our greatness is being replaced with mediocrity. What is everybody so afraid of? That some bobblehead on Fox News will call them a name? Give me a break. Why don't you guys show some spine for a change?

Had Enough?

Hey, I'm not trying to be the voice of gloom and doom here. I'm trying to light a fire. I'm speaking out because I have hope. I believe in America. In my lifetime I've had the privilege of living through some of America's greatest moments. I've also experienced some of our worst crises—the Great Depression, World War II, the Korean War, the Kennedy assassination, the Vietnam War, the 1970s oil crisis, and the struggles of recent years culminating with 9/11. If I've learned one thing, it's this: You don't get anywhere by standing on the sidelines waiting for somebody else to take action. Whether it's building a better car or building a better future for our children, we all have a role to play. That's the challenge I'm raising in this book. It's a call to action for people who, like me, believe in America. It's not too late, but it's getting pretty close. So let's shake off the horse# and go to work. Let's tell 'em all we've had enough.
By Lee Iacocca
www.bordersstores.com...

so now what. i've had enough. many on ats has had enough. where to now?

yea, america has been weighed in the balance. i believe in order for the nwo to be usered in, the united states government must fall or overthrown.

[edit on 23-4-2008 by musselwhite]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sovereign797
Unfortunately, they are selling us out. I get the feeling sometimes that there's people out there that know something that we don't. en.wikipedia.org... www.abovetopsecret.com... Jesse Ventura, former governor of Minnesota is now living in Mexico, completely off the grid; solar power and all.

I'm from Minnesota...
, hes not smart enough unless someone tipped him off... Anyways..

It is true, the goverement is taking our rights away as we speak, and we are drowned in the politcal movement. It is really ironic that this topic came up now, since I'm taking a course in US Gov History, and we just finished an in-depth disscusion on what and why the Founding Fathers gave us these rights.

I do see it this way, there are two ways to view the goverement.

1. You flip on CNN and watch the headlines and hear about Obama, Clintion, McCain, and the lastest report from Washington. What a bunch of Bull!

2. You join a site like ATS, or acually do some research, or watch C-SPAN often. You can almost see our goverement falling apart.

I see it this way also: The executive branch has way way too much power. Our constituion sees to it that there are a good amount of checks and balences. What happened to these checks and balences. Look at the Patriot Act, Gun Control Laws... etc.

About Gun Control Laws, there are many activies say guns kill many an ispire violence in communities. I disagree with them 100%. Guns do not kill people. People kill People, its the person that takes out this tool and hurts someone. I mean come on, anything can be used as a weapon, for example, I could get up, and kill my friend with this keyboard I am typing on!

One of my younger friends recomended a book my Pete Hautman. Since my dad being an author, I knew who he was and understood he wrote teen books for guys. I was really skeptical at first, and the book was okay, but the Shear Concept was mind-numbing, its almost like a prophcey coming true.

Heres a clip he wrote about the book:

Fifty years ago none of those things existed. People smoked cigarettes everywhere--even in hospitals. Cars had no seatbelts or airbags. And any kid dorky enough to wear a helmet while riding a bicycle would have been laughed off the street.

Today, Americans are safer than ever. Accidents, violence, and disease are way, way down. Every year we get safer and safer...and safer...

That's good, right?

I wonder. Being safe is good--to a point--but I sometimes think we are so obsessed with safety we miss out on much of what life has to offer. I mean, if you wanted to be really safe, you would eat nothing but oatmeal, kale and lentils. You would never play contact sports, or ride a skateboard, or go for a hike in the mountains, or speak to a stranger, or drive a car, or give birth to a child...or do much of anything at all.

What if this safety trend continues? What will it be like in another fifty years? How safe do we want to be? Will sneezing in public be considered assault? Will tricycles have airbags? Will overweight people be sent to forced-labor diet farms? Will kitchen knives bear warning labels? (Caution: This implement can cause cuts!) Will french fries be as illegal as crack coc aine?

Thinking about these things was what led me to write Rash , a sometimes funny, sometimes not funny book about a teen growing up in the "United Safer States of America," circa 2074, when pedestrians wear walking helmets, football has been banned, verbal abuse is a misdemeanor, and obesity is a felony.

And because just about everything is illegal, nearly 20% of the population is in jail, where they provide the manual labor that keeps the USSA [United Safer States of America] running.

Bo Marsten, like his imprisoned father and brother, has trouble following the rules. Rash is his story.

It is a really intresting concept to look at and is starting to form into today's world.

new topics

top topics

join