It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary "If Iran attacks Israel, it's going to be annihilated"!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Yes it's true.

Just read the article on the italian online newspaper "Corriere della Sera".

It's a short paragraph but what it basically says is that if Iran would attack Israel with nuclear bombs, the US would annihilate the country.

"In the next 10 years, a period where it (Iran) could think, due to its' foolishness, to launch an attack on Israel, we would be able to obliterate it totally."

That's what she said while talking on ABC just a few hours before the primaries in Pennsylvania.

Here's the link: ]Hillary Clinton on Iran

We know that the Clintons are good friends of the Bushs so it wouldn't surprise me that she's in favour of invading Iran, but saying that they would be annihilated, I think she's going a bit too far.

Or is there something more to it? Could this be a further "proof" that the US is seriously thinking of invading the country, as many have been assuming?
Could the secret compartments be planning a new 911, where Iran attacks Israel or at least tries but is "stopped in time", giving the US an excuse to invade the country?

EDIT: The Times also published a full article on the issue with a video link of the interview Hillary Clinton on Abc

[edit on 22-4-2008 by Estess]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I would like to add to this, that She didn't specify even a NUCLEAR attack...she stated very clearly that if Iran even ATTACKED Israel, that she would give the order to atack Iran.

Earlier Tuesday, Clinton told ABC’s Good Morning America that "I want the Iranians to know that if I'm the president, we will attack Iran [if it attacked Israel].”"

CNN Politics Source

And this is who we want at the helm? I'm sorry, I think not!

AB1

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
It makes sense that we would attack Iran if they were to attack Israel, whether they attack using nuclear weapons or any other weapon. Israel is a protectorate of the United States and thus we are obligated to defend it from Arab nations that wish to do harm to the country. Although I believe Hillary may have been opening her mouth a bit too much by saying that the United States would annihilate Iran in that scenario. We already have our forces spread throughout Afghanistan and Iraq, sending soldiers into Iran would just spread our current forces thinner and could possibly cause further upset and turmoil in other Middle Eastern nations. I'm not so sure I believe Iran would risk attacking Israel anyway considering the United States considers Israel a protectorate as I said before. Fighting against the Israeli military and the United States armed forces would not be an easy war for Iran to win.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Cpt. Monty

Cpt. Monty,

You totally lost me here. Israel is a protectorate of the United States?? You mean like we protected Germany and Japan with our Armed Forces??
Sounds to me like we had a war with Israel and Israel lost..now we get to rebuilt them ...you know Wall Marts and such and then our troops to protect them.

I was not aware of this ..that Israel is a Protectorate of the United States. Is this come kind of treaty or such. If so what is it called? Why was I never informed of this in public schools.

Does not Israel have nuclear weapons. If so ..why do we need to protect them?? You are losing me here.

I am not against selling arms or such to Israel..I was just, to my knowlege, never told that we owe them protection or that they were our protectorate. I have never seen this statement on the news media or by politicians. Perhapsed I have never watched the right programs.

Please let me know the treaty or public agreement...Contract... which says that Israel is the protectorate of the United States?

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by orangetom1999
reply to post by Cpt. Monty

I am not against selling arms or such to Israel..I was just, to my knowlege, never told that we owe them protection or that they were our protectorate. I have never seen this statement on the news media or by politicians. Perhapsed I have never watched the right programs.

Please let me know the treaty or public agreement...Contract... which says that Israel is the protectorate of the United States?

I think you'll find it's all 'unspoken' and very defiantly 'unwritten'

Just look at the help various countries (UK, US, France - some others) gave to Israel to furnish their "Carpet Factory"

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
So now all Israel needs is to attain an Iranian made missile and launch use it against Israel. The everything is set in place for Iran's annihilation.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

Iran is reputedly the most 'dug in place on earth'

It's mountainous terrain and general political demeanour really make me think that they feel quite safe from 'total' annihilation - sure serious and crippling damage would be done, but to really take them out you would either need to seriously pummel the place with 1000 x more destructive power than that that took Japan down (admittedly that power is available) or Iran would have to be very well infiltrated before any conflict started.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   
If Iran attacks Israel and nothing is done, you can bet that Iran will next attack US.
What is so difficult about this to understand?

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Israel is believed to have 150 of their own nukes.

They do not require our intervention!

However we do back Israel. Our backing appears to be a major point in our overall global policys.

So, if Iran attacks Israel, no more Iran, soon to be followed by no more ___, no more____, no more___, no more___, no more___, no more___ Etc. As it would most likey escalate rapidly into global thermal nuclear war. To be followed by Nuclear Winter. To be followed by the cockroach becoming the dominant species on planet earth.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Im pretty sure we it would be a joint US-Israel attack
yay!!!The fireworks would be a load of fun.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
It would basically depends on how Iran attacks.Most likely they would launch their missiles(hopefully with out nuclear warheads).Knowing Israel don't know this or the us.They would retaliate back with nukes.I don't think Iran would challenge Israel in air strikes.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   
But for being such a small country, Isreal, has a lot of fire power to back itself... by the time we show up to "protect" the little country half of the opposing country would have already been blown to pieces. If we learned anything from mighty mouse and atom ant is that small things really pack a punch.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Wow, I can't believe that some people are saying that Iran shouldn't be nuked if they nuke Israel. At that point you would have to. How can the rest of the world sleep at night after something like that??? Just sit back and say oh that was OK! No they would have to be OBLITERATED. Can't send in troops if they are crazy enough to nuke Israel they would be crazy enough to nuke themselves! Send in your troops and **poof** everyone dies, just exactly what these extreme, fanatic, nutcases want to die. No they should share the same fate that's the way I see it. If your starring down the barrel of a gun you got 2 choices; you can stand there and die, or you can kill the mother^&%#$!

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by sean
Wow, I can't believe that some people are saying that Iran shouldn't be nuked if they nuke Israel. At that point you would have to. How can the rest of the world sleep at night after something like that??? Just sit back and say oh that was OK! No they would have to be OBLITERATED. Can't send in troops if they are crazy enough to nuke Israel they would be crazy enough to nuke themselves! Send in your troops and **poof** everyone dies, just exactly what these extreme, fanatic, nutcases want to die. No they should share the same fate that's the way I see it. If your starring down the barrel of a gun you got 2 choices; you can stand there and die, or you can kill the mother^&%#$!

Why should the Iranian people have to suffer for something their government would do? Think about that.

Would you want your family to suffer based on what your gov did?

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
This reminds me of her husband former president Clinton when he was asked on the larry king show about 2 years ago, what america would do if Iran attacked Isreal with a nuclear weapon. I never forget his response, he said that the best day of thier lives in Iran would be the day before americas response. The Clintons are a lot tougher than they appear to be, however I feel america needs Mccain more than ever in the tough times coming ahead.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Iran has no need for nuclear for nuclear energy as in to power to light bulbs. It pursues the nuclear option to intimidate its own people.

When iranians realize that their own government is prepared to sacrifice any number or Iranians just so they can rant, rave and fantazise about destroying Israel they become very afraid and remain very afraid.

In that induced state they can be ruled indefinately by the Islamic fanatics that hold power. That is how fanatics work. It is how Mao, Stalin and Hitler worked. This has very little to do with Israel who will utterly destroy Iran if is foolish enough to attack it or if it continues to develop its nuclear bomb program.

The Iranian regime will continue to stock-pile its nuclear components then bombs until they are made to stop. All the talk is going to prove very expensive for Europe and America! Israel the country that has inspired the world since before and after the advent of Islam will stop Iran because Israel is driven by survival not unemployment statistics!

Even if oil hits 1000 dollars a barrel it is of no consequence to Israel. Dead Israeli's make poor unemployment statistics. Israel must and will put survival and safety of its population above the needs of the so-called international communities unemployment prospects or the international communities obsession with slaking its thirst with oil.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
IMO Clinton was trying to show that she could be as tough as the Republicans on defense issues.

The whole world is aware that the U.S. is a powerful ally of Israel and would protect it in the event of a nuclear attack. Only the craziest of governments would even think of it.

The problem is Iran just might be that crazy.

No president or presidential candidate is going to say that if Israel was attacked with nuclear weapons we would do nothing. That never has been the position of the U.S. No surprise here.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
In a few years from now americas weaponary will start accelerating in technological advancement at the speed of computers and robotics. We should be able to deal with iran very easily in a few years from now. American weapon technology is going to accelarate very fast soon and should be very hard to reproduce. If things come to worse however in the meantime, well we can launch triple RRR bombs on iran, america wants to get to mars, and wont let backwards regimes stop them from succeeding. Cant wait till we reach the moon europa around jupiter, i dont care about irans regime, sorry, im only interested in nasa. Rada Dapa

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
A female CNN journalist heard about a very old Jewish man who had been going to the Western Wall to pray, twice a day, every day, for a long, long time.

So she went to check it out. She went to the Western Wall and there he was, walking slowly up to the holy site.

She watched him pray and after about 45 minutes, when he turned to leave, using a cane and moving very slowly, she approached him for an interview.

"Pardon me, sir, I'm Rebecca Smith from CNN. What's your name?

"Morris Feinberg," he replied.

"Sir, how long have you been coming to the Western Wall and praying?"

"For about 60 years."

"60 years! That's amazing! What do you pray for?"

"I pray for peace between the Christians, Jews and the Muslims."

"I pray for all the wars and all the hatred to stop.."

"I pray for all our children to grow up safely as responsible adults, and to love their fellow man."

"How do you feel after doing this for 60 years?"

"Like I'm talking to a f***king wall."

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join