It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dinasaurs...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Ok, I'm calmed down a bit... sorry, but I got so aggrevated that the only 'sensible' thing I could think of was a Dead Milkmen song.

AD, tell us truthfully. Do you think the world is round or flat?

What made you come to that conclusion?

Now... does the bible mention other planets? Solar systems? Galaxies? I'm asking because I don't have the patience to sit down and read something that has been translated from it's original Hebrew text to Greek to Latin to English, and in all that only the parts that the translators felt appropriate to their morals. I tried, and it just doesn't make sense at all. The only passages that have ever made REAL sense to me were translated directly from Hebrew to English, and even then only with some explanation as to what the words really meant.

AD, this site's motto is 'Deny Ignorance', right? Don't you think it's a bit ignorant to believe ONLY what the bible tells you? I mean, really... if the bible were that allmighty, wouldn't it be our only textbook from K-12 grade?

Did God create light and stuff then create dino's only to realize that the dinosaurs didn't worship him, so he killed them all and made man?

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I sure hope you were being sarcastic, Deep.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I listen to this kinda crap all the time my brother-in-law is a preacher and my wifes family is ate up with it. They also have a habit of sleeping with their children, I wonder why the two seem to go togather. I wouldnt even let my kids go to there houses as children.

They would outlaw ANY form of science if they had their choice because it contredicts their superstition. The earth is only 7000 years old, flat of course , and the sun revolves around us, Gods creatures. I do not really care if an adult wants to believe this stuff but recently yhey tried to force teaching it in our schools.

Contrary to popular belief hillbillies are not all stupid, we voted it down.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Is anyone here a fan of Penn & Teller's show "Bullsh!t?"

They had an episode where the skewered the creationists pretty good.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Jeeze, try this on. Maybe the bible was written by......um PEOPLE! Try reading some science books and less theology.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   
OK guys. Stop tearing in to AD, he's only 11. I'm sure he's got the point by now.

-Your Queen Has Spoken!

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by DramaQueen
OK guys. Stop tearing in to AD, he's only 11. I'm sure he's got the point by now.

-Your Queen Has Spoken!

Is that true? Are you only 11, AD?

If so, then I am sorry if I came across harsh.

Seriously. You need to keep an open mind toward science. I am assuming that there is someone in your life who has told you about the bible. keep in mind that the stories in the Bible are just that, stories.

A lot of people have spent a lot of time figuring out things about the world around you. You should at least give them the respect of considering what they have learned. You see the results of that knowlege all around you. The computer in front of you is a product of that knowlege. That same knowlege is part of what we know about the world around us.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Sorry I didnt know

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Still, even when I was Eleven I knew enough not to argue about subject I didn't understan. AD its ok to argue your view BUT you need to state how the opposite view is flawed. You think the goverment lies??? Try almost any organized religion on for size. Heck even the bible you read I'd wager is major leagued flawed.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Earthscum
Ok, I'm calmed down a bit... sorry, but I got so aggrevated that the only 'sensible' thing I could think of was a Dead Milkmen song.

AD, tell us truthfully. Do you think the world is round or flat?

What made you come to that conclusion?

Now... does the bible mention other planets? Solar systems? Galaxies? I'm asking because I don't have the patience to sit down and read something that has been translated from it's original Hebrew text to Greek to Latin to English, and in all that only the parts that the translators felt appropriate to their morals. I tried, and it just doesn't make sense at all. The only passages that have ever made REAL sense to me were translated directly from Hebrew to English, and even then only with some explanation as to what the words really meant.

AD, this site's motto is 'Deny Ignorance', right? Don't you think it's a bit ignorant to believe ONLY what the bible tells you? I mean, really... if the bible were that allmighty, wouldn't it be our only textbook from K-12 grade?

Did God create light and stuff then create dino's only to realize that the dinosaurs didn't worship him, so he killed them all and made man?

No i do not belive the Earth is flat but i knew that people are gonna go crazy on my ass after what i posted before. Anyway i still belive what the Bible says, and it does not say that dinosaurs dont exist, or ever existed, and so i never said they dont. I syarted out this topic from asking what you guys think about this. I just wanted to know what you guys think about the existince of dinosaurs if it does not say anything about them in the Bible, but right away people didnt get my point so i explained it to you all.

[Edited on 1-3-2004 by AD5673]

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   

-Your Queen Has Spoken!

What the hell wy did you tell???lol

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

Sorry I didnt know

Yeah i get the point. LOL
, and i am 11 lol

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by AD5673

-Your Queen Has Spoken!

Sorry, you already told everyone in your intro.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Ok many people think dinasaurs are real but if you read the Bible it does not say anything about dinasaurs, so if you belive it explain to e how ity does not say about dinasaurs. I've been wondering about this a lot and couldnt even get a descend explonation for myself, soo help please let me read your thoughts.

Oddly enough, the old, Jewish men who wrote the bible, were not paleontologists, and had no knowledge of dinosaurs, so they didn't include them in the bible... This should of course, allow one to see that the bible was NOT dictated by God, but hey, to each his own....

Likewise, these authors had no knowledge of other creatures for which we have found fossils, so likewise, no mention......

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Maybe they have never seem them thats why the wrtings of them aent in the Bible. But i thought dinasaurs were all around the wrold, and ecpisially in Asia because its the largest continent so the Jewish men wouldve seen them. Wouldnt they?

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by AD5673

-Your Queen Has Spoken!

Sorry, you already told everyone in your intro.
lol ok. How old are you? Looking my your avatar you might be like a teen?

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   
No, dinosaurs existed and became extinct before the Bible was written. They didn't have any reason to mention them because, they didn't know about them.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Maybe they have never seem them thats why the wrtings of them aent in the Bible. But i thought dinasaurs were all around the wrold, and ecpisially in Asia because its the largest continent so the Jewish men wouldve seen them. Wouldnt they?

Please tell me you're kidding???

The last dino drew it's last breath MILLIONS of years before man climbed down from the trees.....

And fossils weren't really known for what they are until modern times...so no, they never saw dinosaurs....

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Some people believe that before the flood there was lots of dinasaurs and after they either did not survive or some did hints the recent finding of a so called extinct fish off the coast of Indonisia. One of you scientist explain to me how you date theage of these animals

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Which is of course why we only have one behemoth and one leviathon... despite the incredibly large number of nigh on monsters (Face it, you WOULD crap your pants if you met most of the dino's that were around at some point.)
Yes there were these large buggers that kept walking over the village on occasion... and these great loud hungry things that chased us, but we only wrote about two of them. Yeesh.

Leviathan sounds like a whale. Maybe it could have also been a shark of some kind, but I'm betting it was a whale.
Behemoth could have been a lot of different animals, could have even been a prehistoric monster, but it still doesn't answer why there's only ONE of them.

As for the ancients knowing of dinosaurs, at the very least they were aware of fossils.
scribalterror.blogs.com...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join