It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fluoride prescription....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Please don't give your child more flouride.
Lots of good info here:
www.fluoridealert.org...

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
My advice is don't do it! It is a poison, as simple as that.

Sodium Fluoride is not what you want. It is CALCIUM fluoride, if any. It exists naturally in milk, and I think possibly other natural dairy products.

If you want your kid to have healthy teeth, don't let them drink fizzy drinks or drinks loaded with sweeteners or sugar, or eat sweets in general (once in a while is OK).

[edit on 15-4-2008 by mirageofdeceit]

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I just want to add a little info about fluoride.... The Nazi scientists were searching for way a to make the population that they let live after they took over their countries to be just stand by and let it happen.. (docile.. like some people said earlier.) Then oddly enough the United States started putting fluoride in our water just after world war 2. (After we collected all their documents.) They started a huge campaign telling everyone it's good for your teeth. (Which in small topical quantities it is.) Not only is medical grade fluoride bad for you they are using a waste product from manufacturing plants. So, instead of paying millions of dollars to dispose of it correctly they found a way to kill two birds with one stone.. save money and dumb the nation down. YAY! (not) Also.. fluoride accumulates in different parts of your body. (It builds up.. so every bit yopu have injested is in you.) One of the most peculiar places it builds up in is your pineal gland (third eye) .. ponder that for a min.. (I think they may be trying to inhibit everyones spirituality... luckily for me when my mom only drank well water and when I was kid thats all I drank) now I only drink distilled.
Ive got to roll though... basically.. DO NOT INGEST FLUORIDE. (Its in all the food cooked with the water too...)

Peace

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Thain Esh Kelch

Baby teeth are lost by the ages of 5-7 anyway, if needed they can coat them with enamel down the road to help preserve them until that time, but there is a reason they are more prone to cavities and discoloration...they are meant to be temporary. that doesnt mean we should neglect them but id say its a good reason to avoid giving six month old babies a known poison!

avoiding sugary liquids, not allowing them to fall sleep with a bottle of formula, brushing with baby toothpaste or even a mild baking soda mixture and rinsing well with water after eating or drinking will accomplish much the same thing with no risk at all.
This is another reason why breast milk is good, it contains those antibodies and cultures and other goodness without the tendency to rot out teeth.

Toothpaste is considered poison if swallowed in amounts more than pea size, that is because of the flouride.
Those flouride treatments at the dentist are even worse, you are under no circumstances supposed to swallow them.
Those things have made me feel ill since i was a kid, afterwards my mouth and throat would be on fire and i would be sick to my stomach, it only took a few times before my mom realized and stop letting them give me the flouride rinse at the doctor.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Ok, there are a lot of replies since I was last here. I just checked the prescription. The name of it, surprise surprise, "Fluoride". Taken at 0.25 mg/day. Just had to get that into the open since I said I would, and now I will be reading over each reply.

Thanks a lot everyone, for all of the input

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

As a note, I am 35 years old and had fluoride tablets when I was a kid.
(I think they were little pink cherry flavoured tablets if I remember correctly!)
They caused my teeth to have a mottled appearance.
Anyway, I would advise AGAINST the use of fluoride tablets for children.
Children shouldn't use fluoride toothpaste until they are able to spit it out.

Our little boy is almost 2 years old and we have been using the
Oral-B Stages Baby Tooth & Gum Cleanser which is a fruit flavored gel
in conjunction with a motorized rotary oscillating toothbrush.

Here is the Oral-B website:
oralb.com...

Other than that, lay off the sweets and if the child eats sweets, don't let the sugar sit in the mouth too long before cleaning, since it will acidify and tend to eat at the tooth enamel which is the protective covering of the tooth.

As far as mentally debilitating, I don't think fluoride affected me too much since I am able to entertain some critical thought!

Cheers!!!

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghaleon12
This has got to be some of the biggest crap I have ever heard. I'm studying to be a nurse and have read extensively about health, and fluoride in particular, and that seems like the worst idea ever. Your son or daughter will end up losing the teeth no matter what you do, what's the point? They have done many studies where ingesting fluoride has no effect in preventing dental caries. What happens though is that it clings on really well to your skeleton over the course of your life and it stays there. Older women living in areas with water fluoridation have a higher rates for fractures than do older women living in unfluoridated areas. Young men have higher rates of rare osteosarcomas. On top of that, the area of your body that it concentates the most is not the skeletal system or teeth, but in the brain, the pineal gland to be specific.

In any case, it seems like a horrid idea. I would switch doctors personally because that really seems ridiculous. Of course there might be a legit reason I'm missing but there is no way I'd recommend it. Around how old it the Doctor you have?

Someone reminded me about the lowering of IQ, and I read about that also. China did a study and found children that lived next to heavily fluoride polluted areas had lower IQs.

[edit on 15-4-2008 by ghaleon12]

[edit on 15-4-2008 by ghaleon12]

Why the pineal gland?

what effects does it have on a person? and isn't that the third eye in the occult? And what type of fluoride are we talking about?

[edit on 15-4-2008 by Ihavenoidea]

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
WOW! Is this a first! when i was a kid, they just told us(school dentists and prfessional) too use any approved toothpaste with flouride, as it was good for our teeth and gums. Now, flouride pills? I would not let your kid take those pills... ive done lots of reading on flouride, here, sickening.
For what its worth, heres';s a website... www.pwgazette.com
It might be with 2 z's, use search engine. He sells all kinds of house and water filters, and outside of reverse ozmosis, he does sell a water filter refill, specifially desgiend for flouride removal,... inexpensive and he ships for free. As long as you have a 9 inch countertop filter, it will fit.
look into it

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Luvthynaybor

Yes.

As to the OP, I would certainly get a second opinion before considering giving that perscription to your child, but it looks like you've come to a similar conclusion on your own.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I was doing some searching on Fluoride prescriptions and found a common warning on them! It says to check the level of fluoride in your city's public water first!

"Prolonged daily ingestion of quantities greater than the recommended amount may result in various degrees of dental fluorosis in pediatric patients under age 6 years, especially if the water fluoridation exceeds 0.6 ppm. "

Source

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by toasted
Hmmmm, how in the world, did mans' teeth survive all this time [ 5-6,000 yrs ] without this stuff?

Well, bacteria can't remove the DNA of teeth, so thats why teeth has survived. Just a tiny bit of research on how people's teeth was, before the addition of fluoride to toothpaste will actually make you realise how important it is.

And how come the rabid animal rights folks aren't out in the wild giving fluoride treatments to their beloved animals, that couldn't live without mans "protection", surely they must be suffering immensely!

Maybe because it is a redicilous idea, both financially and in practice?

I'm sorry sir, but I couldn't disagree with you more. And you simply could not have read very much about this "great discovery" for mankind or your comments would have been quite different.

Im pretty sure I have quite a bit of more of academic knowledge on this subject, than apperently most of the other posters in this thread. If you actually take a look at scientific results, instead of questionable websites that can't back up what they are stating, then you might actually wake up and smell the truth.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I would definitely consider not taking whatever the doctor is prescribing. Flouride?! Come thats rediculous. Then all of a sudden your doctor will want to give your little one all these extra vaccinations which God forbid lead to autism!

Dont give them to your child! Not worth the risk. Millions of people are born without Flouride prescriptions and end up just fine, so why take them?

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Thain Esh Kelch

Could you give us some pointers/links to some information which you would consider to be accurate on the subject please?

Independent,non governmentally funded studies would be much appreciated.

It would help to give us all a fuller picture if none of us have a clue about the subject,as you inferred.
Some questions I would ask you if I may:

Are you a dentist?

Would you say fluoride is good for bone development?

Is dental fluorosis caused by anything other than fluoride or am I mistaken?

Has fluoride been connected to loss of IQ?

Many thanks,SS

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Please feel free to debate/discredit these pages which purport to shed a bit more light on the issue.

www.just-think-it.com...

emporium.turnpike.net...

Thank you for your input.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
What is truly frightening is this person is relying on a bunch of internet people to decide the medical care of her child.

No wonder CPS is involved.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Coshy

You are right, definitely no question about it. ANYBODY who has ever questioned the suggested treatment of a medical professional MUST be assumed an irresponsible parent who does not want the best for their child.

I know where you can shove your opinion.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

I'm not against seeking the best treatment for your child. However I find that you came here instead of going to another doctor, or dentist, troubling.

Common sense (which is abundantly lacking now-a-days) would seem to suggest getting a qualified opinion. Not the ramblings and paranoia of people frequenting a conspiracy theory based message board.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
My cousin was given a prescription for fluoride when he was young.....and it made odd striped stains on his teeth. He is 47 now and the weird coloration from the fluoride is still VERY VISIBLE.....we used to tease him and say he had 'Fruit Stripe gum teeth'
His teeth have horizontal stripes on them of bright white then a dark brown then a yellow then the white again and these striations cover his teeth, all the way from the tips to the base....
I have never seen anybody else ever with such weird looking teeth. When you ask him what caused this he says the Dr told him his fluoride prescription was to strong....

[edit on 16-4-2008 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Coshy
What is truly frightening is this person is relying on a bunch of internet people to decide the medical care of her child.

No wonder CPS is involved.

Yes, someone before you asked why CPS was involved but no answer was given...

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
i highly doubt that she is using the opinions presented here as the only basis to her decision. If she was that naive she wouldnt have thought to ask in the first place.

Also in many cases of divorce or separation CPS automatically gets involved.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join