It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Get me more white people"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
No Quarter USA Blog

Oh gawd ...
.... I'm laughing and laughing!!

Michelle Obama recently went to Carnegie Mellon University (Apr 2).
Her handlers were rearranging the people who were sitting on the
back drop stage.

"get me more white people, we need more white people" was what
her coordinaters were heard crying out for in order to get the stage behind Mrs. Obama juuuuuuuuuuuuust right so it wouldn't look like
it was just the black folks supporting Obamessiah.

There is a nice photo at the blog of Michelle Obama standing in
front of the well-placed white people.

I know politicians set their stages up carefully ... but this was too funny!

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
This is what happens when people campaign for... what... 12+ months already? Essentially wasting all that $$. And now completely out of lies to tell that the truth starts to come out on everything (has been for awhile). The tired, yet honest comments. I can't blame anyone for the comments all around though. As I've said (a bit more strongly, but quite fairly at the Hal Turner boards) there is good and bad in every race... good and bad in everyone.

You look at the Imus situation... that was a joke. Plain and simple. No 'big stink' to be made about that. But it was like the end of te world...

But when one gets to the level of 'hate speech,' then things might need monitored a bit more closely. I'm sure Hal Turner** is monitored closely. As well as Rev. Wright, and Black Panthers**, etc...

This comment by Michelle Obama... somewhere in between those two it seems.

**Like I've pointed out, without free speech and without each other, then neither one has a job or a cause to 'fight' for. And one can simply fight with words. Granted, Hal (and Rev. Wright and Malik Zulu Shabazz##) gets a little violent in his rants, but I believe he subscribes to the 'good and bad in every race' concept, and has often given some very good advice on his show, imo, to some of these VERY wayward 'extremists' or 'activists.' Although he encourages some crazy stuff sometimes, I do admit... he seems better when 1 on 1 with a caller in a particular situation.

##www.adl.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by RabbitChaser
As well as Rev. Wright, and Black Panthers**, etc...

Speaking of the Black Panthers.
Obama and the Black Panther connection.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
The Huffington Post has picked this up.

Nothing in the MSM. (of course). If McCain's people had been caught screaming 'Get me more black people' and then shuffled them to the front of the stadium.... it would be all over the news.

I know that all politicians set their stages. But they don't get caught like this.

Again .. where's the MSM on this? If it had been McCain .. or Hillary ....

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
If we're all aware that they set their stages, how is this such a shocker?

I think that if it were Hillary screaming for more men or McCain screaming for more women, or even if either of them were looking for black men and women, it would be overlooked quicker than we are.

I've authored threads on how the MSM is overtly biased towards Obama and outright protecting him in some senses, but I think this is a blatant double standard.

If it's been stated that we know they set their stages, which only makes sense, then I don't see how this is an issue at all.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
This is just so funny. Here in green bay, home of the packers, one retired packer publicly announced "we need more blacks on the team". He was the center of the universe for bashing and they, whoever they are, made a public scene over the comment since he is a white guy.

So if a black does it, its ok, but not a white guy. Shows you just how complicated life has become in the world of race issues.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
If we're all aware that they set their stages, how is this such a shocker?

It's not a shock. It's just pretty darn interesting. Fact is .. if McCain or Hillary got caught screaming 'give me more black people' then it would be a front line news story. As it is .... no one is bringing it up.

Originally posted by WorldShadow
So if a black does it, its ok, but not a white guy.

Yep. THAT is the issue chissler. I admit it's not a big issue.
But .. it's still rather interesting.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I hear what you're saying, but I actually disagree.

I think it would be less of a news story in this election. In past elections it would of been potential headliner, but not this go round. I certainly concede to the fact that I could be completely wrong, but I'm inclined to think that it would be even less of a story.

Interesting, nonetheless.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
I actually disagree.

That's fine. This is still a free board and everyone can disagree with everyone else.

Interesting, nonetheless.

I find it interesting. We know they all do it. No one has been caught like this before. It reminds us of how these political events and TV appearances are staged beyond belief.

I still think if it had been McCain or Hillary, we would have heard about it a whooooooooole lot.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

The only reason that any of this is an issue is because we allow it to become an issue. It's ridiculous how much time and attention that is paid to the simplest of details. Mean while, major issues are left on the back burner. I don't think any of this can be curbed, as painful as that seems.

Have you seen the film "The Contender"?

It's about the President having to select a Vice President.

Touches on the double standard that exists between male and female politicians. The double standard only exists when it is permitted to exist, and if questions, comments, etc., are even acknowledged, then the double standard is reinforced.

Great film and I think it applies 100% to this year's election.

If you haven't had the opportunity to watch it, I recommend.

[edit on 14-4-2008 by chissler]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I think it's pathetic, but it's just the way advertising and campaigning is done these days. I'm sure I could get a quote from my sister, who works in advertising.

It's just like any commercial you see today: One black person, one white, one asian, one mexican, etc.

The article even says that it was an event coordinator yelling this. This is the way these jobs work these days.

If you think this is bad, you should see how starbucks has their representitive agencies handle things.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I wonder if she ever got her White folk???

...but I bet the illegals will do the cleanup.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I am no racist. (Snip) Are you listening CIA? I would think that any white person could shoot him down and claim self defense.

[edit on 4-14-2008 by groingrinder]

Mod edit: Inappropriate text removed.

[edit on 14-4-2008 by chissler]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

I don't even know how that related, but okay.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
I wonder if she ever got her White folk???

The picture at the link shows a whole bunch sitting behind her clapping and smiling. A few black folks are still scattered at the bottom of the shot. But yes .. they managed to get answer the call of 'Get me more white people'.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

And think of it this way, if you substituted every 'Black' with 'White' in the 10 Points of the NBPP, you would have something of the KKK agenda or some other white power movement. They're the same in almost every way, except 1 word is different. All of them are scum, and should be deported to some place they wish to form their own country, but there shouldn't be a place for folks who spout hate like this be they white, black, yellow or whatever.

new topics

top topics

join