It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cryptid Encounter

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
well, i'd just like to tell you that im being perfectly honest about what im going to tell you
First of all i live in maine and this took place on February vacation, i don't remember exactly what day

one night i was in my room it was roughly 12:00 at night, i was packing for a trip to georgia when suddenly i hear a horribly loud shreik, it was almost inhuman it peirced my ears. i walked up the stairs to my kitchen which is directly above my room and has an overview of my back yard. i went onto my porch and turned on the light just so i could see in front of me then i walked to the door that leads to my backyard deck. i then turned on the light that is on my deck and there it was on the roof on the other side of the house, a big black thing. it was roughly 6' 4" from what i could tell and it had a gimp in its leg, i could tell because it looked like it was standing upright, it looked like it had horns or large ears but it was hard to tell because of the lighting. it had glowing eyes, basically like an animal in headlights. when i saw it i fell on my ass and i was scared as hell and i diddn't move from where i fell for about a half an hour, until i heard its ear piercing shreik again. after that i looked out and it was balanced on my fence then it jumped off and i lost sight of it. other details i recall were the smell of fresh cut grass and rotting flesh at the same time, also instead of entirely fur it was leathery at some parts of the body, it diddnt really look apelike but it was very muscular and tall. ive never seen this thing in my life and i havent seen it sence.

if anyone else has ever had an encounter with anything like this before email me at [email protected] thank you

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
p.s. i have decided to call it Maalig
basically malignant which is a synonym of demon in a name form just because of the sheer terror i felt

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
hhmm... kinda sounds like the mothman has there been any other sightings of this thing around your area or town?

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
that is pretty creepy... I was thinking of mothman as well. Did it look humanlike (in the sense of 2 arms and 2 legs?) ?

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Wow nice post. Do you live alone? And how far away is your home from others? Mothman is supposedly dead? Sounds really Cool though. Sounds like the devil dog except alot more human like.

Basically a Big Black dog is believed to show death and satanism. One account is that it appeared on a man's daughters bed and after the dog flee'd she was found dead. The other main one was a church service and massive scratchings were head at the doors and the dog broke in walked slowly down the aisle up to the altar with a nasty stare and then flee'd again. There are scratchings on the gate of the church (Forgotten where it was
) Note this was in the 1800's so it could all be myth.

Does sound devilish. If i remember correctly moth man showed up before something major was about to happen. I'm pretty sure it was a big bridge collapsing (Please Correct me if wrong). Please share more information as you gather or remember

Deny Ignorance.

Semoro

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Hmmm.. Which of these drawings resemble the most what you saw?

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 06:18 AM
link   
As others had mentioned, it would be nice to know roughly the landscape of where you live, subburbs, rural, etc.

One thing that strikes me as odd, (could be exageration on your behalf, understandable) but you say you sat in the spot where you fell for a half an hour.
I would think in a time of panic.... scrambling to feet and looking for security would be my logical choice.

Some people can be paralized by fear longer than others, but I would have to say that 30 mins would be ample time to come to your senses and get a move on.

Which brings me to my next question, are you saying the creature stayed there for at least a half an hour??

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
You claim it was 6 ft 4 in, how did you come up with such a specific height? Furthermore, at that size and with an "injured leg", how was it able to sit atop a fence? Had to be at least 150lbs and should have left marks in the fence as I wouldn't imagine it was balancing like humpty dumpty. Also, as Grail mentioned; I too have an issue with the "sitting for 30 minutes" thing.

I hope this is not an attempt at an April fools joke.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I thought this was mothman too, the rippling muscles, the leathery skin and fur, the shreik, and just the feel of the encounter.

The OP originally posted this in my thread. Here it is if any of you would like to comment on the different stories there.

Report Your Sightings Here

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
i live in a semi rural town its in between a city and a university town
but my town is surrounded by woods

no im not kidding

i dont live alone but the people that live with me deny hearing anything or seeing anything

"roughly 30 mins"
"roughly 6' 4"
i'm 6' 2" and from what i could tell it was bigger than me, its more of a guess rather than a specific thing
my porch is like a hallway that is connected to my kitchen and at the end of it there is a sliding glass door that leads to my deck. there is a fence that surrounds my backyard/deck and on the side across from me is the roof of my garage, where the creature was hunched over almost like an egor type of deal, i thought it was nothing but then it stood up and i noticed some kind of gimp, then i feel on my ass near the sliding glass door next to my porches wall, so i couldent see it. i dunno, when i was sitting there it felt like forever, i was terrified.

i agree with the possibility of it being a helldog i guess i could rule out horns and say long ears, so mabye its a werewolf, but there hasent been any missing person reports.

as for the fence balancing, i dunno

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
i checked the fence and there was some claw marks actually very large ones

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Can you take a photo of these marks? And then use photoshop or more likely paint to outline them? And then compare them to one of your other fence posts so we can compare? And whats the name of your town?

Deny Ignorance

Semoro =]

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I am a very close friend to the OP here. The town we live in is called Veazie. It is in Maine. I haven't been to "Jakey's" house since the incident, but I will take a trip there to investigate myself. As long as I have known "Jakey", he has been a true blue friend. As far as I know, he has never lied to me about anything like this before and I really don't think he has a reason to make up this story, but that is my personal experience. Like I said, I will be glad to visit him again and check out his fence and also the little roof that he said the thing was on. I will take pictures and post anything I see fit to be analyzed. I will make sure to take control pictures as well (unmarked fencepost, roof tiles, etc.) to compare with the marked ones. Hopefully this will come out as a good find.

Deny Ignorance.

DTOX X

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Also to add to this, I personally have never seen anything like what has been described, but there was one encounter where I saw a white, badger-like thing waddling up a hill. Scared me to death, but I think it was just a skunk dusted with snow. Probably nothing out of the ordinary.

Deny Ignorance.

DTOX X

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by DTOX X

Sounds good, especially if you know the OP.

Check for tracks in the surrounding area as well, might give an idea of which direction it came from and which way it went.

Will be waiting for your commentary & pics

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Ya ill be sure to do that. Thanks for the idea, i didn't think of it. I will post it up later tonight. Where I am now it is almost 1:00, so I will be able to post it around 9 or 10. If I can't post it today, then it will be on tomorrow or Saturday. Sorry if you have to wait, but I have a really busy schedule until Saturday so it will be on this weekend no matter what.

Deny Ignorance.

DTOX X

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Fantastic. I'm not sure about the tracks as it was now a while back, yet still search you might find something. This should turn out to be pretty interesting.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Ok so here is what has been happening with the situation so far. I have talked to "Jakey" about this and he said the marks are still there. So I still have yet to see them. I apologize for the lack of photo evidence, but it will come. I will post it either today, or tomorrow. This past weekend was a real mess for me (girlfriend issues and such) so I really haven't had the chance to do anything towards the photos. When "Jakey" talked to me about it, he said that the scratches were still on the post and he didn't mention anything about the roof. I will be there later on today to get the pictures and I will post them asap. Thanks for the patience.

Deny Ignorance.

DTOX X

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
why does everyone always jump to "moth man" as the culprit of every cryptid encounter. This thing sounds demonic or possibly but doubtful reptillian to me. The horrible smell is one of DEAD FLESH, the creature had glowing eyes...most demonic encounters involve a creature with red glowing eyes..this is not confined to mothman. Also mothman never had a smell associated with him, and happened to have a pair of wings....uhhh which this cryptid is lacking. I would lean towards somesort of skinwalker/ demonic creature. Even the limp gives it away as demonic in nature as most demonic creatures are TALL and malformed. The glowing eyes seals the deal. Of all of the facinating cryptozoological creatures to run across ...this would definatly be one to avoid based on your description. You meantioned the skin was leathery, could it have been scaley? Also other than horns/ears what did the face look like? Notice any fur? In my neck of the woods we have the breyroad beast aka wereworlf but this does not sound like one.

Look forward to the photos and further detail.

One last bit of info there is no indication mothman was a "evil" presence rather he may have been angelic or somesort of supernatural being whose unfortunate role was to witness or warn of impending doom, NOT the cause of it.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Ah Mans greatest set back, women but we love them
Ok can we try and get an as accurate date as possible and maybe a sketch of what 'Jakey' remembers the creature looks like?

We jump to the mothman not as a conclusion but as a guide line. Its somewhere to start off and if the evidence cuts out the mothman sort of creature then we'll either have to build a whole new creature or find some different more fitting guidelines. But please if you do have any ideas or guidelines please post

top topics

<<   2 >>

join