It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seal slaughter in Canada

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   

You know, clicking - and, in my case, a two-year (so far) boycott of Canadian goods (which pains me for all those wonderful Canadians out there) - may not help.

My apologies in advance if I read the above wrong, but... are you @#$%ing kidding me?

You think a two year boycott on all goods is necessary to save some baby seals? Starving yourselves of resources and sending us into a depression?

I mean, really... I'm all for ending unnecessary slaughter of any animal. Not even flies die unnecessarily in my house. But there are times when people go too far. One only must look as far as PETA for proof of that. And yes... Homo sapiens is an animal too, and can feel pain, starvation etc. I guess the point I'm trying to get across here... I'm all for animal rights, but I hate PETA.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Speak'

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas

You know, clicking - and, in my case, a two-year (so far) boycott of Canadian goods (which pains me for all those wonderful Canadians out there) - may not help.

But NOT clicking (and boycotting) is SURELY not going to help.

[edit on 28-3-2008 by Vanitas]

So what you're saying is that you care more about a bunch of seals than you do about the people whose livelihoods literally depend on the hunt, and about the citizens of the country to which they belong. How about we focus on places where people are being slaughtered? The population of seals is in no danger of extinction, so there is no reason why it's improper to hunt them. Honestly, this is the most ridiculous thing to even bring up.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join