It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Living the Matrix?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Hello.
My name is Lezlie and I feel like the world is a matrix. When I look at the sky, it always looks unreal. There was this one time when I looked at the computer labs computers, with people at them, and the screens had the lines go down them, like the defense mechanism of recording a screen onto a camera, and nobody using a computer noticed anything. Most of the time, if I look at the digital clocks or the digital radio screens, the little red lines that make up the numbers move all over the place, and then go right back to normal a split second later. The sky looks like a giant plasma screen that is stretched over the earth, and if you climb a high enough latter and poke it. Around your finger will be a rainbowish circle, like when you push on a calculator screen.

Can anyone else tell me if they feel the same way, or if they have any real proof that we live in a matrix? Please tell me.

I don’t really want to be alone in this any more…It is frightening…

~L. Fate

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
hello...please...at least let me know what you think...please...

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Squeeky the Ballet Rat

This existence is as real as it's gonna get, so unless you can figure a way out if it like Keanu Reeves, it makes sense to try and live in it as much as possible until its over, which will be soon enough, believe me.

Every time you start to question reality, just sock yourself hard in the face. Is that pain, or the illusion of pain? And what's the difference?

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
This is what I wrote in another thread similar to this one;

I saw the matrix years ago and it somewhat portrays the true gospel, although that's not the intention.
But, Neo had to break free and be 'born' into the world of the reality.
Jesus came from a wonderful, perfect place of heaven(Which IS a reality, but it wasn't possible for us to go there. There was a place set aside called Jacob's bosom.)He came to a dirty animal pen. He fought the forces of evil, that we can't see, for the most part. He was victorious!
Now for us to have victory, we have to realize the power we have IN HIM. (the power to bind and loose, the power of forgiveness, the power of the Whole Armor of God!)
We will follow him into freedom!
Jesus spoke to me and woke me up, forgave me and COMPLETELY healed me.

Let me say, that you must be born again BEFORE you get God's plan for your life. Ask Jesus to forgive you for all your sins and come into your heart.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
Let me say, that you must be born again BEFORE you get God's plan for your life. Ask Jesus to forgive you for all your sins and come into your heart.

I suppose that's one option. Exchange one fantasy world for another one that is more socially acceptable. That way you can still go nuts, flop around, even scream gibberish and claim to be "speaking in tongues," and large groups of people will not only not lock you up, they will actually encourage and praise you.

[edit on 20-3-2008 by Nohup]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
"For the world is hollow and I have touched the sky"

We do indeed live in a matrix of sorts, yet it's not nearly as entertaining as the movies would make it out to be. The real matrix you live in is the society in which you live. You believe you have democratic voting processes, that your money is valuable and that we are currently at war with a far reaching yet shadowy evil seeking our destruction.

The reality is that the world is controlled by a small group of elite that 90% of the population has never heard of. Every major decisions in both government and foreign realtions is decided by this small elite group of people. Nothing we say or do has any real effect on what happens in the world we live in.

The real matrix is all around you and you're right to feel as though something is wrong. Everything that people concern themselves with is completely and utterly useless and meaningless. Television, music, technology, shopping, taxes, employment, all these are meaningless and this is the simulation we're forced to live in.

The reality is that we are all here, on this planet, hurtling through space. We are all humans and we are all connected, everything in the universe is conneceted yet we are led to believe that all is disconnected because it makes us easier to control. There is no real need for war or for employment. Money means nothing, neither does fame or success. We're here in the universe for a reason yet we have been led to ignore that reason for a very long time.

All of society has been fabricated for our amusement, everything we consider as part of our world and our life is nothing but a thin veil layed over the obvious truth that is in front of us constantly. The idea that we will allow people to starve to death in our streets simply because they don't have enough green paper is the true horror of the matrix. The idea that people are so deluded by the society in which they are forced to exist that they are willing kill eachother simply because they are told to is the real horror.

There is a way out of the matrix but it's not a physical change, it's a change in mind and spirit. If you can free your mind and think for yoruself, if you can free your soul and believe what your heart beleives, then you are free. It's a bit of a journey but knowing that things are not right is the first step.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Squeeky the Ballet Rat

Seeing from your ability to write a post without it being scrambled, I have to wonder if you are having some kind of seizure, possibly caused by some chemical reaction in your environment.

If I was seeing weird stuff like this, I would proably get sick and puke from the vertigo or whatever. I have recalled during one of my half asleep awakenings to see a matrix type scrolling in the dark.

Maybe you're one of those people that effect electronics like from your aura or something. Otherwise, it's not beyond our comprehension that you have a vivd imagination and are pulling our chain....of thought?

Some people are supposedly hybrids of some sort, possibly with implantations for this kind of visual stimulation. It hasn't seemed to affect your writing and computer skills very much.

Ever seen a doctor for this? My doctor prescribed Seroquel. I couldn't get past 100 Mg because I thought it was killing me. I'm fairly certain now that I've been having a reaction to salicylates building up in my body.

But from what I now recall, they said I had a triple helix of DNA while I was in the hospital. Ofcourse, this doesn't mean they tested my actual blood.

Have you seen the Oracle yet?

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Squeeky the Ballet Rat

Yes, the matrix. There is no spoon, it's all an illusion.

Have you tried to hack the matrix yet and program in some of your own changes? I did so a few years ago. I wanted to stop the icky human infestation from totally raping and destroying planet Earth. And I wanted to put an end to their terrorist acts against all of Earths other species (which they are forcing into extinction), by drastically reducing the human infection on Earth. To do so I downloaded various viruses into the matrix to crash their little greedy monopoly game, to make them all poor and starving and homeless and disease riddled (like the wildlife these humans keep terrorizing ~ call it payback). Then I implemented some catastrophic Earth changes to hit them while they are down (some super duper impending volcanoes and planet wide earthquakes). And then to get the ones hiding underground I submitted a request for a few asteroid strikes in 2011. So far, the first phase is right on schedule. And, internal pressure for phase two is building. And, I see the rocks are already on their way.

Hack the matrix ~ it works if you have a worthy righteous change request to submit. And, it's fun to watch the results.
Come 2012, this should once again be a pretty nice matrix program.

[edit on 20-3-2008 by Divinorumus]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Jesus, as a man, is dead. How many times do we have to go over this? He was a man. A man. A man. Maybe a good man, maybe a sorcerer or magician of sorts, but still a man. His message was everybody's message, but through him you will not find your own everybody's message. Through yourself. Religion, I swear! It's poison.

Stop praying to Jesus. I know it's tough... but he's dead and has moved on. He left this up to us. If you're looking for a saviour, you're already doomed, because there is nobody responsible for you OTHER than yourself. Accept it, for love of YOU!

And anyway, about the matrix... you may be right. I think we're pretty much "in" the matrix out of our own choosing, though.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I believe the Matrix movie has many good parallels to reality.
Only the real matrix is brain washing, mind control, delusion, and the
artificial world and world view, mankind is being deluded by. All these influences are very
powerful, and can effect the psychic, as you describe.
However just as in the movie. There is a real worldview. It is just
as easy to experience as the movie. The red pill or the blue. One wakes
you up to a reality that is both unbelievably beautiful and at the same time
terrible. That of course is the spiritual reality that lays just below the surface of the artificial world. The red pill in reality is Jesus Christ.
Accept the reality He brings and your eyes will be opened. Reject Him
and you will continue on, in your sleep. Totally unaware of what is really
going on around you. Good Luck!

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup
That way you can still go nuts, flop around, even scream gibberish and claim to be "speaking in tongues,"

You've never seen anyone outside of a sideshow Christian church on T.V. speak in tongues.
People DO NOT 'flop around, and scream'. It gets really quiet when the Lord actually speaks through a person.

He IS interested in and loves his children and if we're willing to listen, he'll back up his word!

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I would suggest seeing a doctor about any vision problems.

If you're living in a matrix? So what?....go with it. Food tastes good...sex is marvelous.....if this is the reality you've been granted....live it.

I've thought about the possibility I'm living in a false reality many times. Then I have some lobster, or that great gumbo recipe I found. Or, I spend a couple hours playing with my dogs....I'm pretty sure they're having as much fun as I am. Then I grab the woman I love....give her a squeeze....inhale the scent of her hair.....and frankly, I don't care if it's a false "matrix".....feels good, smells good, tastes good.....you get the picture.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I don't know, I have never experienced what the OP said, but a few times I have been messed with by "ghosts". They made me feel like the world was a stage. It was a feeling and it is hard to describe. I don't mean that I saw the world as a stage like a politician might, But there was a wierd feeling that overtook me and made me feel as if just beyond the area that I was standing in, was an ending or veiling/curtain and there was a minor feeling of being watched as well, though I suppose ....Errr...anyway, that was just a feeling and I have walked far past the area where I felt it had ended many times.
Darn malleable feelings and "ghosts" with their control over them!

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by indierockalienAnd anyway, about the matrix... you may be right. I think we're pretty much "in" the matrix out of our own choosing, though.

I suspect all this is an illusion based upon one this one fact, this one first hand observation: I've been fooled into believing it was all really real many times before. You know what I'm talking about ~ those non-lucid dreams we've all experienced, bits and pieces of which we can sometimes remember.

In religious terms, we could be living within gods dream. Gods matrix. The Dreamers matrix. Doesn't their dogma say their god went to sleep after thinking all this up?

Occam's razor! I was fooled in my dreams. So were you. Think about it, it would explain a Jesus. Except, Jesus would have been that lucid character in a dream. Or another way of explaining this would be like this: If you were experiencing a lucid dream, surely you could turn water into wine. Walk on water too I would think.

This certainly would seem like a simple way to implement a reality too me, and would explain a whole lot of stuff. It's happened before ~ that we've been fooled by a dream before. Only afterwards do we seem to realize DOH!, it was all just a dream, a holodeck simulation, and you were the god of it while you slept, ha.

Seriously, this could all be a simple believable dream. You never know, tomorrow anyone of us could step off a sidewalk and BAM! We're hit by a bus we never seen coming. . . . And then the next thing you know you're picking yourself up off the floor, having fallen out of bed, and you suddenly realize all THIS was just a freaky nightmare, where you lived as a slave on some prison planet.

If this is true, that we're in the matrix, one only then needs to become lucid, connect with the holodeck computer, take the red pill, to perform Jesus like lucid magic too.

[edit on 20-3-2008 by Divinorumus]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   

It sounds like it is one of possibly two options:

1. You are having a migraine. Are you having any pain or flu like symptoms? A glitch with your brain is not hooking up with your eyesight. Or...

2. Have you ever tried to blow out a candle and it won't blow out and it is not a tricky candle? Or have you tried taking a torch to a painting and it won't burn? How about chandelier crystals moving about and there is no wind? The lights going on and off with no-one touching the switch? While I was writing my book I had an irritating experience with my computer wanting to type a name that I was not typing and then did it several times. Etc., etc. If this is the case, then perhaps you have gained some "other-world" attention! These have been just a few of my past experiences.

It has been my experience that there are those (other-world and mortal) that do not want us to go against the masses and actually have our own conscience and or conscious contact with God.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by indierockalien

So you think you're a reincarnation of John Lennon but Jesus can't possibly have reincarnated as someone? He just died, and that's it?

I think there's some degree of fakery to our existence, but it's not nature.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
You've never seen anyone outside of a sideshow Christian church on T.V. speak in tongues. People DO NOT 'flop around, and scream'. It gets really quiet when the Lord actually speaks through a person.

Call them "sideshow" churches if you want. But if you visit one, I'm sure the people there will be glad to show you the exact scriptures that back up what they're doing, whether they're handling snakes or drinking poison or faith healing. Yeah, the Shakers and Quakers are a little out of style now, and it's easy to look down on them. But it's all right there in the Bible if you care to read it.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Yes, Squeeky, I know I am certainly familiar with that kind of experience.

Don't be frightened by it - by the dissociation that it seems to induce.
What is happening is that you are observing the "world" as it "is" unprocessed by your own mind structures. The dissociation is very incomplete, of course - but that's probably a good thing...

In other words, when you observe the world like that, you are simply becoming aware of its "seams", of its "constructed-ness", if I may use such an unpleasant neologism.

However, I don't think it's a good idea to combine such a observation of "what is" with ideas gleaned from films. In that state you are more susceptible to prefabricated ideas... and those ideas may be just false.

The world, the everlasting NOW, will reveal itself to you, if you just let it. Don't think; don't try to fit your experience into a mold produced by Hollywood or whoever.

[edit on 20-3-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
What you are feeling is completely normal.

You are feeling that you lack something. You lack the feeling of existing. You are thinking that you live in a world that is blinding you from the truth and that the truth shall set you free. However, what you are seeking does not exist. There is no feeling of "existing". You exist just as everyone else does in this world, wasteland, whatever you want to call it.

You may not ever rid yourself of this feeling of lack of existence, but, you should live in the world and treat it as if it were real. If you fail to abide by the rules of the world there is no telling what consequences you might face after this simulation or what may happen to you while you are here in this world.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
When Morpheus asked neo, what is real, That statement is profound in that what we see sometimes becomes a little distorted and out of place when encountered by those who have enough focus to notice somethings wrong.

I view the world as a quantum projection where its sophistication builds upon itself. The mechanism is not seamless but neither is the interpretors ability to decode the matter streams.

The world is what it is because we are grown into believing it is the way we see it from birth. It realy maybe nothing more than a conscious recreated within the quantum projection coded matter streams and the rest is up to the minds conscious levels of interpretating the events to a reality.

Good thing we are expirational and not eternal.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join