It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China baffles world with mystery bomber?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   

China's H-8 stealth bomber may be more advanced than the American B-2A and capable of delivering a 350-kiloton nuclear warhead to the continental U.S., or it could be a mock-up of the A-12 "Flying Dorito."

CNET

Interesting story but with the images looking like they have been blatantly photo shopped and some made with cgi is there any truth in this story or is it just a hoax?

[edit on 16-3-2008 by solidshot]

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by solidshot

China's H-8 stealth bomber may be more advanced than the American B-2A

And in that first sentence you have everything you need to know about how accurate or otherwise this story is

But wait!

it's an enlarged version of the H-6 with the underwing engines,

The H-6 is otherwise known as the Tu-16 Badger! So there you have it, the H-8 is a modified Tu-16, the images are pure fiction, just like the J-XX images we have been treated to. A rather mundane project being dressed up into something completely different. After all, if you are going to tell a lie, make it a big one.

Reference to the A-12 Avenger is a red herring, the plane is an update of 50's technology, possibly comparable to a 737-500, and the image is based on the B-2, but is only an image.

[edit on 16-3-2008 by waynos]

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Wow that's some pretty crappy CGI right there.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I have an image in my mind of one of a real life one of those aircraft taxing infront of assorted military and government only to start to have paper and balsa wood falling off to reveal a mig-21 underneath.

Other than that the music felt as if it was lifted from lord of the rings. The plane itself looks like a B-2 of chrystal meth.

Jensy

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
It takes a fair bit to render me speechless. Consider me rendered. Bit like the computer graphics they used.

Guess the CNET blogger failed to notice the change in cockpit, engine and wing trailing edge configuration that occurs at the 37 second mark. Or maybe the aircraft has morphing abilities a la BOP?
Lucky the Deputy Mayor of Xian saw it fly, or I may have thought that someone had had a little too much Tsingtao...

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I've noticed on aviation websites that certain Chinese people often spread disinformation about projects to get analysis from western commentators on strengths or weaknesses of proposals.

Sometimes there is a real project behind it, but often nothing like the hype.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by sy.gunson

Excellent point mate. This is nothing but a bit of pre olympic's froth and bubble with a few red herrings thrown in as waynos said. Hmmm... I wonder who on this forum will start asking us for some casual analysis?

LEE.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Stealth bomber... Chinese???

No, it is impossible for China to build stealth bombers because they do simply dont have the knowledge yet to build one.

They dont even have a stealth fighter yet.

Heck even the Russians have only one stealth fighter in service (SU-47) and have a semi stealth bomber, not a full one. (The TU-160)

Developing a stealth plane costs time, bucket loads off time. Since China only has the money to build one since early 2000, they just dont have the time and knowledge yet to build one.

So it is clearly that this is just pure Propaganda BS.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Russia got hold of the F-117 Nighthawk shot down over Bosnia and leveraged off it's technology.

The $64,000 question is does China have access to that data ?

It's bound to happen some day but if one looks at the CGI video piece, then no because the other part of that technology is relaxed stability electronic flight controls.

Did China get that through the Lavi based J-10 ?

[edit on 17-3-2008 by sy.gunson]

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
The Lavi was advanced in 4th gen LO tech, but not enough to give China much know how. It was focused around low signiture vents and wing roots. I very much doubt that it would help them any more than buying an airfix kit of the B2.

Jensy

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by jensy

Other than that the music felt as if it was lifted from lord of the rings. The plane itself looks like a B-2 of chrystal meth.

Jensy

Its from Pirates of the Caribbean and the plane you see is about as real life as the jolly roger

Looks like we got a new one to add to the debunked thread.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Knowledge is not that tough to get. China has some of the world's best scientists and physics are physics whereever you go. Most likely what China does not have to get anywhere near what this farce can allegedly do is $$$.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by sy.gunson

The only thing they got a hold of that hadn't been burnt to a crisp and lost any relevant data was the left wing of the F-117. Any tech found from that is on par with research that any respectable university should be able to do.

on a side note i really like the kitty in the bottom corner of the video makes it look mean ROFL

[edit on 17-3-2008 by Canada_EH]

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I personally don't discount anything China claims.

Who's on top with industry right now and seems to heading in the right direction for Super Power??

Just because WE haven't heard of any miliarty secrets being sold to China doesn't mean it hasn't happened. They have shown their capability of hacking into select systems over the past, even some with government tags, so it wouldn't suprise me with anything they have.

That being said.... yes the Kitty in the corner adds to the ferocity of it all.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
this looks fake but i wouldn't underestimate china to the extent to which some people do on ats. i have been to china. technologically behind the us but they are good at copying or imitations. If there is any uncheked leak to china then it is possible there will a few unexpected technology in thier possesion. one thing you can be sure of is a leak, how much leak is any once guess. russia was getting leaks from the us for years, how do we know china is not getting information leaked to them from russia who are not desperate to prevent info from getting out.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
It's obvious that the Chinese just don't get aircraft design (no offense to our Chinese brethren on this forum) so the thought of a Chinese stealth bomber is just ludicrous. I'm not sure if they just lack creativity, or what, but their designs don't flow and probably perform poorly.

Look at the Eurofighter, F-16 or practically any Dassault aircraft - they are beautiful and flow. Chinese aircraft look like a box car racer next to an F1 car. Just my $.02US.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Whilst a B2 alike might not be really feasable

www.dreamlandresort.com...

this might be

remember the chinese got the F-117a from the balkans so it wouldn`t be a massive step to inscrease the size of the airframe.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Canada_EH

complete wing + 1 of the tails , parts of the fuselage and both engines

www.fas.org...

it didn`t quite burn up as much as the US wanted - that and the rapid civilian presence stopped the wreck being bombed ; the composition of the RAM would be valuable to the russians and chinese so you can bet those parts intact would be gone and be in moscow and beijing before the week was out.

[edit on 17/3/08 by Harlequin]

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
And the F-117s stealth characteristics are significantly out of date. The best that the Chinese would get from a tail and wing would be the ability to build a stealth platform that was around in the 70s. Considering where the US is at now with stealth (and given that the US would have the best knowledge in how to counter such stealth), good luck to the Chinese if they use it.

And when did the Su-47 become operational?

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
The hopeless diamond is actually still quite good - especially if only used as a base - its better than no stealth

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join