It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What has the USA become?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
What gives humans the right to cage animals? In turn, aren't we animals as well? Why are we caging ourselves up like this?

Nohup makes it very clear that obviously the human species would go extinct if it didn't have some higher authority to food and clothe it and make it fear its neighbors, so it stays inside its little shoebox most of the time, because nature is the enemy. I doubt we'd have sewage runing in the streets if we'd never gone urban in the first place. All these people around with a lot more free time now that they aren't figuring out ways to keep surviving, so they have lots of sex and overpopulate the world with more stupid people mindlessly having sex and consuming...

I guess everything has a price.

Convenience's price is freedom.

Convenience... what will we do when we actually have to poop without the lluxury of a toilet?

We can't use leaves, they aren't cottonelle brand!

America has not helped humanity's hopeless situation. You might as well sit back and watch humanity fall, ladies and gentlemen. These birds love their cage too much to ever want to fly again.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
in response to the OP, if you want to change this country you need to change peoples minds. one way to achieve this would be a complete overhaul of the education system, IMO that would be a good start.

establish a system that rewarded individual strengths and did away with competitive merit.
Uniforms might be a good way to establish comradery and team work, and to minimize social competition.
A tougher ciriculum that focuses on challenging students with real world problems applying their knowlegde to everyday situations.
Math= finances, construction, algorithms, design, inventory, auditing, accounting, etc.
Histroy= paradigms, justice, social psychology, critical thinking, government operation, civic duties, philosophy, etc.
Science= farming, navigation, mechanics, efficiency, chemistry, survival, etc.
Arts= expression, creativity, critical thinking, problem solving, entertainment, etc.
Physical Training= health, physical development, teamwork, self defense, discipline, etc.
Reading/ Writing= effective communication, creativity, language skills, etc.

Ultimately all people should be taught to be able to function as an individual in a society of socially responsible individuals. Basic human rights should be ingrained into every persons mind and also an ability to question the established institutions.

We can evolve but we must be taught. Through proper education we could instill in others a sense of teamwork and community. it is the animal nature in humans to compete with eachother and to slit eachothers throats to look out for our own.

however we can evolve beyond that and become so much more.

I believe there are many animals at the top that want to keep us stupid, lazy and fighting with eachother so they can maintain there hold on power.

We need to get off all fours and quit eating the scraps from the table and to standup on two feet, to speak with one voice and demand a seat at the table.

[edit on 15-3-2008 by uselessdegenerate]

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by BluByWho

you have to understand that companies and corporations care about profits. the US is fast becoming a place where there are less profits. so corporations and companies go elsewhere (india, china), where there are low wages, less government regulation, very little complaining about working conditions, a huge source of customers, and thus more profits. being real cold-blooded about it, i'd be out of america as fast as i could, if i had a company. capital has no allegience to anyone. the founding fathers knew this and tried to create a country that would not fall victim, as did old europe, to that type of control. what is amazing to me, is that it has lasted this long.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
This is what's coming to america.
A possible president that won't even pledge allegance to the united state's flag.

10 tear's ago we would have boo'ed any man out of running for doing this.
But becouse any thing you say against him is rasict.
IT'S ALLOWED.
America has went ignorant.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 04:52 AM
link   
LOL Obama is HUGE!!!

FEE FI FO FUM! LOOK at me as I twidd1e my thumbs!

Seriously though, that pic has been debunked since its release...

Vote Ron Paul. Scratch out the candidate's name and write in his.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join