It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School security handcuffs 2 preschoolers...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
www.nypost.com...

This is ridiculous. What exactly is this teaching our young people? Are school security officers even real police? Do they have any training in dealing with young people, or are they simply being 'bullys' because of their position.

These types of situations are becoming more and more constant. It's a shame because our children will grow up fearing the police, or any one in a position of control, instead of relying on them for help and assistance.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
So not being able to sleep at nap time is a handcuffing offense now? What's next? Throwing toddlers in jail for sneaking a cookie off someone else's plate?

If these kids were actually handcuffed and the security guard actually threatened them for not taking a nap, he needs to lose his job. No way should someone who bullies four-year-olds be working around them. I can understand moving them to a different room if they can't sleep at nap time so they don't disturb the kids who are, but they shouldn't be left alone and no way should they be cuffed or bullied over it.

[edit on 11-3-2008 by Jenna]

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I think the whole article is ridiculous. I love how people on ATS always talk about how the MSM lies to us and twists stories around, but can blindly accept this one. I'll try to help you "we are the victim" crowd out by doing a quick analysis for you.

It sounds like the kid was pressured by his mother into "admitting" that it happened. This is probably more of a case of a selfish American and her shark lawyer trying to get an easy buck by the favorate past time: Suing.

Jaden - who asked his dad to move far enough away from him so as not to be able to hear his account of what happened - whispered to a reporter that he got a "little scared" when he saw the handcuffs attached to the safety officer's "costume."

He insisted that he was not handcuffed - though his mom, Sasha Diaz, said he confided in her that he was.

and look at this:

[the kids] told their parents that a substitute teacher took them and another boy to an empty classroom on Nov. 17, 2006, and left them there alone.

The kid is 6 now, and 4 when it happened.

The other one said his hands were "tied" and never mentioned being handcuffed. Oh BOO HOO. They TIED his hands. Give me a break. Are we trying to raise men or raise mice in America?

Motive for bringing this dispicable LIE back to the surface?

"It took me about a day to get it out of him. He didn't want to tell me . . . I don't know if he thought it was his fault," said Diaz, 27, an assistant teacher who now finds herself suddenly struggling to pay for her only child to attend Catholic school.

That really means "it took me about a day to get him to go along with my lie of what happened because I can't pay the bill and need some easy money"

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
This is low

Does anyone know what the childrens parents viewpoint on this are? I wouldnt be too chuffed if they were my children, I would most certainly be down there Going off my branch at the appalling treatment of these kids.

This is just disgusting .

O

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to Mr. Ree

I see your point. I apologize for not examining the article for the obvious clues you pointed out. You are probably correct in the assumption of "coercion" on the part of the parents. This is another one of those "just because its in print, doesn't make it black and white".

I do seem to get my hackles up with overzealous authoritative figures. Future note to self: Read, reread, and then read it again!

top topics

join