It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When is armed revolution warranted?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 05:19 AM
link   
LordBasket4.
That is probably the most plausible answer I have heard to an uprising in the hood. Kudos. Coldwater, one, that avatar really annoys me. Secondly, it is the 'right' of 'any' American to stand up to what is wrong.

[edit on 11-3-2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I am all for taking up arms now! I live in Illinois (where the only ones that can have guns are the bad guys), and I am seriously P.O.ed about the way my local and federal government are botching things. Our elected officials are NOT elected by the masses (as they should) but by an electoral (sp) college who can vote anyway they want (and often do, generly for the ones who paid the most into there campaign funds).

We cannot legaly carry firearms and even have to register our firearms and purchase a FOID (Firearm Owners ID) card which is just another form of tax on our guns. The local (state) government is proposing a limit on the amount of firearms and ammo that you can purchase in one year. And it seams that the only ones that can carry/ use a gun without fear of punishment are crooks. Irecently got the rear window in my vehicle shot out by a kid with a 45, he had no FOID, and was only 16 years old anyway (to young to posess a hand gun in my state) when it went to trial, all he got was a $50 fine for a FOID card violation and restitution for a busted car window. The sorry SOB should have gone to jail for attempted murder. The court stated that he couldn't know there was someone in the vehicle when he shot it because my rear windows are tinted, but that is bull! I was driving at 45 MPH at the time!!!!! And to add insult to injury my father has a friend that got pulled over a few weeks ago and had his guns (a 44 super redhawk and a 8MM mauser) in the trunk of his car (unloaded and cased with the ammo seperate) because he just came from the fireing range. When the officer asked for permission to search the car my dad's friend said all except the trunk I have two guns, in there cases, in there, and you can't search till you have the officer in charge out here for both of our safety. (not an unreasonable request, and a lawfull one acording to my father, a retired police officer) The cop promptly arrested him for not cooperating with the lawfull request of a police officer, and put him in the squad car. Then the cop, took his keys from the trunk (where he put them when he frisked him), opened the trunk and cases, and put the firearms in the trunk of the squadcar. My friend got out of jail later that day when the charges were dropped, but cannot get his guns back till the local police get through test fireing them to determine that they were not used in a crime, and that could take up to 2 years acording to the police chief (because of a supposed backlog). Incidently the dashcam vidio of the arrest has conveniently (sp) gone missing from the police station, according to the chief when my friend's lawyer went to go see it.

If this kind of treatment (and it happens all over this country, just read the papers or sit in on an open court date) is running rampant in our country and our "elected officials" local, state, and federal, then I feel that we should take up arms and overthrow the government, and institute the kind of government that our forefathers forsaw.

Personally, if they want my guns, they can have them. LEAD FIRST!!!!!

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I agree with lordbasket 4

We could not survive as a whole. But I for one belive that we should start educating our children the way our parents/ grand parents did. You have undoubtedly heard of a few organizations that teach beginers survivalist training (even if it's not called that) like the Boy/Girl Scouts etc...

When I was in the Boy Scouts we learned to Hunt (both with gun and Bow), Trap, Make our own clothing, Make shelters, Navigate, and generly live off the land without leaving a mark on it, and I have tried to do my part to pass these values and lessons on to the next generation, but I have been meet with a lot of oppisition. When I was scout leader in a larger city, the parrents got honked off every time I even mentioned the thought of camping in tents. (there idea of camping was the motel 6)
And forget the idea of teaching kids (10-15 years old) how to properly handle and shoot and care for a firearm. (I guess it's better to let them learn from Nintendo where they can waste a whole city of people and then just hit the reset button and everyone just pops back up, and let them think that is real life. Sound Familiar? EIU, Virginia Tech, Colombine (sp), ring any bells?) But when I came to a small farming town I could and did teach the local kids just that. Real camping, fishing, hunting, navigating, survival, etc... I feel that we need more "after-school" programs like this. None of my kids EVER got in trouble with the law even after they left my program.

These programs could be the start that a new revolution needs.

Long Live The OLD BoyScouts!!

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Herein lies the answer to your question

an excert from the declaration of independence:

" We hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their power from the consent of the governed, that when any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or abolish it, and to institute new government laying its foundations on such principals and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem to effect their safety and happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shown that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new gaurds for their future security"

[edit on 11-3-2008 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I support the constitution. Honestly I believe the Bill of rights needs to be modified for the "Internet Age" No previous rights removed or trampled on but adjusted to be applicable in our day. As well as other rights added that were not understood when the Constitution was written.

I believe a revolution is going to happen. I would hope that it is peaceful though; Violence only leads to more Violence. It needs to be more of an awakening. People need to learn the constitution; what it means to them. People need to keep in touch with politics and use alternative resources to the US Propaganda Media such as the Internet. Learn everything you can through websites such as ATS. Knowledge is Power.

One of the most important thing is evidence. Cellphone videos, cameras etc. Any evidence you can produce is important. As a citizen in todays world I suggest always having access to a camera of some form at all times. If your into hacking; Hack into government computers, Learn what you can and PRINT SCREEN.

There is a game being played by our government; and we shouldn't have to be the idiots anymore. This government is supposed to be by and for the people. If politicians have any private plans at work or take money from corporations they are undermine the constitution and abusing their power and should be impeached. The founding fathers didn't want us to blindly follow athourity; they wanted us to question everything and believe only what has been proved.

The Federal Reserve also is against the constitution. In 1913 Bankers bribed a few politicians on Christmas break to pass the Federal Reserve Act. Money was taken out of the peoples hands and put in the banks pockets. Even today through the IRS the people are enslaved to the Federal Reserve. Nearly 100% of all income tax goes to pay off our national debt. (The money we owe the Federal Reserve) Infact income tax is against the constitution. Taxes can only be direct and apportioned (Taxes on Inheiritence and Corporate Gain) or indirect (Sales Tax). There is absolutly no law that require citizens to pay income tax for working. Other than martial law.

We need to fight for our right to be free and live under the constitution. However violence I don't think will be effective, rather as a country we need to enlighten ourselves and eachother so that we can effectivly tell the government; "NO! THIS IS OUR COUNTRY; AND WE FOLLOW ONLY ONE LAW; THE CONSTITUTION!"

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
Herein lies the answer to your question

an excert from the declaration of independence:

" We hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their power from the consent of the governed, that when any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or abolish it, and to institute new government laying its foundations on such principals and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem to effect their safety and happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shown that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new gaurds for their future security"

EDIT TO ADD: This is the best answer to your question Ive ever personally found.

Wow. I screwed that up. I meant to make another edit and some how hit the quote button with out realizing it.

[edit on 12-3-2008 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I would agree with Jefferson that in a time such as now we would be well within our rights to do what he suggests, however...I am wary of the unsavory types who could easily hijack any revolution.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Oh that the Declaration of Independence were a leagle document.The Bill of Rights states that the rights that are enumerated are not the only rights we have.Imho every law that has been passed since the origional Bill of Rights was adopted,has taken a right from someone! Albeit some rights should have been taken such as slave ownership.Laws prohibiting drug use,multiple marriages,public nudity and suicide etc.should be abolished.These are personal choice issues and should not be left up to government controll.What gives them the right to tell an adult that they cannot smoke pot?

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
This is when armed revloution is warranted.
www.disclose.tv...
This is intollerable

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by daddyroo45

Aren't you afraid that some thug could hijack any potential revolution?

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
There is another viewpoint espoused by many that suggests that the NSA spy machine is collecting so much information that they cannot possibly comb through it all. The logic is the more keywords set off their AI computers the more information they have to deal with.

Remember also that the (TWL) Terrorist Watch list crested one million and counting. Anti-taxation (as they call it) is a form of Domestic Terrorism. Prior to America Freedom to Facism over 67 million Americans failed to file their taxes. What do you suppose that number is today after the gift Aaron gave us?

So best case scenario you are looking at what, 68 million terrorists. How exactly are "they" expected to contain that?

Just my .02

top topics

<< 1   >>

join