It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Bush saw the North Tower strike live.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I know this is a little old or has to some degree been discussed before, however I want to turn everyone's attention to a small detail in George Bush's statement that lends to the idea that he did indeed see footage of the NORTH TOWER strike before anyone else did.

First of all, here he is talking about the events.
www.youtube.com...

here is the quote that is relevant

And I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower -- the TV was obviously on, and I use to fly myself, and I said, "There's one terrible pilot." And I said, "It must have been a horrible accident."

Notice his last phrase...
"There's one terrible pilot." And I said, "It must have been a horrible accident."

This can't apply to the South Tower strike. Its impossible. Here is why, because by the time everyone saw the South Tower strike, it was obvious that it wasn't an accident. It was clearly intentional.

Its the fact that he said it was "a terrible pilot" and "accident", that proves he saw what happened with the NORTH TOWER.

Now, if this is the case one might ask how in fact he saw this? We don't know really, but we can logically assume that if he saw the NORTH TOWER strike, then for sure he saw the PENTAGON strike.

[edit on 7-3-2008 by talisman]

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Actually Bush said this publicly twice, here's the White House transcript of the second time:

Q What was the first thing that went through your head when you heard that a plane crashed into the first building?

THE PRESIDENT: Yes. Well, I was sitting in a schoolhouse in Florida. I had gone down to tell my little brother what to do, and -- just kidding, Jeb. (Laughter.) And -- it's the mother in me. (Laughter.) Anyway, I was in the midst of learning about a reading program that works.

Anyway, I was sitting there, and my Chief of Staff -- well, first of all, when we walked into the classroom, I had seen this plane fly into the first building. There was a TV set on. And you know, I thought it was pilot error and I was amazed that anybody could make such a terrible mistake. And something was wrong with the plane, or -- anyway, I'm sitting there, listening to the briefing, and Andy Card came and said, "America is under attack."

Anyway, it was an interesting day.

As for assuming anything related to logic with Bush, well, you're on thin ice there.

It's one of the weirder pieces of 9/11 lore, so bizarre for him to have said it, and then repeated it. Is it simply a misstatement on the level of his other confused gaffes, or purposeful disinfo?

Of course it has its counterpart in Rumsfeld's comment about a missile hitting the Pentagon, with the same questions of intent raised.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
www.whatreallyhappened.com...

More on what Bush said while at that school.

I will star and flag this thread.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Memory can be a very erratic thing - in a chaotic fast moving situation
what people can recall later are often at odds what really happened.
Memories are often overlaid in random order out of sequence.

The famous law school demonstration where someone runs into a
crowded lecture hall fires off some blanks - the professor then asks the
students what they saw. Results are frequently wildly skewed as to
description of perp, how many shots fired, which way did he go....

Should keep this mind before accusing someone of lying or weaving
some paranoid fantasy around it.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by thedman

Things that happen that impact you emotionally are often vivid. You tend to remember the sequence of events EXACTLY as your emotions play them back.

It is obvious in GW Bush's case he was not emotionally recalling events but making them up. This would have been made all the more difficult at the time as his real emotional reaction to the event (his foreknowledge and involvement) would have been playing heavily on his conscience. This stifled his creativity in generating a response making it sound all the more pathetic.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by thedman

All true. But this is the President, speaking twice about 9/11. Didn't correct himself the second time either. But given the outrageous non sequitors he's known for, who knows what goes on in that mind?

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by thedman

MAJOR PROBLEM THOUGH, He said this twice,

He said, he thought it was a 'terrible pilot'. No-one thought that when the South Tower was struck.

Who here, or anywhere for that matter would remember the South Tower's hit and think it was an accident!?!

People can get facts wrong, mess things up, but often people can tell you how exactly how they felt or didn't feel, during an event.

He "FELT" it was an accident. There is no way out of this. People have good reasons for believing he saw the North Tower get struck. Which, also means he must have access to footage that we don't have access to, and which by logical deduction means they have good footage of the Pentagon strike.

[edit on 8-3-2008 by talisman]

[edit on 8-3-2008 by talisman]

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
even if he didn't actually see it, just keep this in mind. You are the president of a country, you just heard that a huge catastrophe in the biggest city of your country happened, and you joke about it? Like haha, what a stupid pilot... Common people, let's be serious for a minute.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
All i know is, if i had been president i sure as hell would not have just sat there in a chair wth a dumbfounded look on my face for minutes after i was told we were under attack. Dont get me wrong reading programs are important for children. But lets be serious, You arepresident of the usa and you just sit there and sit there and sit there. IMHO no other president would have done that, they would have been out of that classroom within seconds wheather it was tower 1 or 2. With all the hijacking calls i find it hard to believe that the president wasn't informed of the situation before the second tower was hit. With the information that was known there is no way the "plane" that hit the pentagon would have hit. IMHEO 911 was an inside job. PERIOD!!! POINT BLANK!!!

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Of course there were cameras that recorded the event.
This was a ritual murder and a human sacrifice to Satan, on a huge scale.
So, it was recorded so all the scull and bones freaks could relish it.

Bush knew some about it, beforehand, and that was why he was in Florida when it went down. So, of it went bad and it became to obvious that it was an inside job, Bush would be protected by his brother.
He took his sweet time leaving florida, lingering as long as possible.

Yes if you look closely at the exact timing, Bush was in his car when the first plane hit and would have been able to watch it on the screen in the car.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I think there is certainly something wrong with his bahaviour on 9/11. Did you see the vid of his face when his first aide told him? Very strange.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
if we focus on petty truths at the sacrifice of a bigger picture we are distracted from the big picture. this aspect of the 911 conspiracy is very minor. it isn't a detail that goes anywhere whether you got to the bottom of it or not. focus on hard evidence. watch the 911 movies on google. focus on the big picture. if my tone is short it is because time is short. remember that.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Since the posts are steering towards his very Peculiar behavior and reactions that day, I would like to ask what you think about this answer Bush gives to a question at the town hall meeting he held in Orlando on Dec. 4,2001:

QUESTION: One thing, Mr. President, is that you have no idea how much you've done for this country, and another thing is that how did you feel when you heard about the terrorist attack?

BUSH: Well...

(APPLAUSE)

Thank you, Jordan (ph).

Well, Jordan (ph), you're not going to believe what state I was in when I heard about the terrorist attack. I was in Florida. And my chief of staff, Andy Card -- actually I was in a classroom talking about a reading program that works. And I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower -- the TV was obviously on, and I use to fly myself, and I said, "There's one terrible pilot." And I said, "It must have been a horrible accident."

Link to full transcript

So... Is it just me or is he not opening his reply with a one liner??? When the question is about how he felt on the day, less than 3 months after one of the saddest days in recent history, while still a fresh open wound in the whole world's psyche??? Making light of the whole thing...

Oh, I was in such a state.... I was in Florida.... Reading... And it works, the kids could read...

Give a round of applause to President Bush ladies and gentelmen...

So removed from the reality of the event that he had no sadness, no anger, no remorse and no regrets about that day and its events. Could mean either psychopathic behavior or guilt... And I can't decide which one is worse.

------------------

I simply can not find the video of this town hall meeting... Can anyone help?

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by mister Jones
even if he didn't actually see it, just keep this in mind. You are the president of a country, you just heard that a huge catastrophe in the biggest city of your country happened, and you joke about it? Like haha, what a stupid pilot... Common people, let's be serious for a minute.

Yeah this is the only thing that sticks out to me. It's almost frightening to hear the man joke around while talking about stuff like that. Definitely underscores the fact the he tries to use charm and humor to hide his raging guilt.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Small planes have hit the towers in the past. So when seeing it on the TV for the first time not knowing it was a passenger plane it was a safe assumption.

Hell.....last year (or was it the year before?) I believe it was a Mets pitcher who flew his plane into a sky-scraper in NY....so it is something that happens.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by justinenking
. . .But lets be serious, You arepresident of the usa and you just sit there and sit there and sit there. IMHO no other president would have done that, they would have been out of that classroom within seconds wheather it was tower 1 or 2. . .

Let's be REAL serious! If the country was under attack three secret service agents would have picked him up and got him out of that classroom in seconds! His visit to the school was a nationally televised event! Everyone knew where he was!

They were THAT sure the president wasn't a possible target so much so that they let him sit there for over 5 minutes? Give me a break!

2PacSade-

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ferretman2
Small planes have hit the towers in the past. So when seeing it on the TV for the first time not knowing it was a passenger plane it was a safe assumption.

Hell.....last year (or was it the year before?) I believe it was a Mets pitcher who flew his plane into a sky-scraper in NY....so it is something that happens.

When have small planes ever hit the WTC towers before 911? That's news to me.

The pitcher was Corey Lidle. He pitched for the Yankees, and he was killed from his plane striking a 3 or 4 storey residential building located near Central Park on Oct, 11th 2006.

2PacSade-

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by 2PacSade

Planes hit towers quite often. Seriously, you guys will go to any length to find a conspiracy.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Ferretman2...growing up in newark, nj i remember vaugely a report of a plane hitting the Pan-Am bldg in the late 70's i belive. never heard of them hitting the TT.

As far as GHWB, i agree with may_be_true. his lack of remorse, no way after he finds out what happened do you just sit there. you are the leader of the country that has just started being attacked(in hindsight its an attack, but still right then you knew something was going on). i love my kids, but as a lowly truck driver if i were teaching them somethin at the moment this happened and i was seeing it on tv or someone told me, everything would have stopped until i found out the truth.

of everything that happened that day i think his reaction is one of the worst.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
See the key here is, what plane strike could have George Bush thought 'accident'?

Certainly, not the South Tower.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join