It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Systematic Abuse In Children's Home

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Systematic Abuse In Children's Home

news.bbc.co.uk

Police are investigating the claims of about 160 people that they were abused at the home in the 1960s, 70s and 80s.

Experts excavating the site uncovered a set of shackles and a shallow bath. The shackles had been found on the floor but may once have been fastened to the wall.

Mr Harper said the two items would \"tend to provide corroboration for some of the allegations which we have received about offences that were committed\".
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.bbc.co.uk
news.bbc.co.uk
news.bbc.co.uk

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I apologies in advance if there is already a story on this but when I briefly checked over the breaking news area I couldnt see anything.

The additional news links give a sense of the scale of what previously happened and also how even now there are attempts to suppress those who were abused. For those who do not know where jersey is it a small island in the channel between France and England, it has a population of less than 100,000. For abuse on this scale to occur within such a small community surely means there must have been some form of complicity within the institutions that were meant to act as oversight. I am highly persuaded that this was systematic abused and now there is a desperate attempt by the community to cover up what was done.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

join