It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phoenix 'sweeping' lights of 1997??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   
My first post, true, but I've enjoyed this website & forum for the past few months, so I can assure you I have a bit of credibility to my claims.

Anyways, I'm a high-school-aged kid from the Phoenix area, just a few miles from the spot where the 'lights' hovered over the city. I didn't see these lights, nor would I have been able to, for South Mountain is placed right between our suburb and downtown Phoenix. Now, I've always remembered watching the late-night local news stories on the Phoenix lights that were broadcast in the following weeks after the event. This was during the peak of my UFO obsession. I was still immature, and every night I would stare out of the window situated next to my bed at the stars, dreaming about the day an alien would come and take me for a ride in his spaceship (... yea, yea, like i said, immature, heheh.)One night, however, I remember watching the gravel of the front yard. A circular bright white light shifted over from out of nowhere and centered itself on the yard. This would seem like a normal beam of light from a car, however, I watched for a car, looking up and down the street while it was there, and saw nothing. It bolted away and at that last second I wanted to look up, thinking it had come from above. This little story could very easily be distorted, as this is a memory I only recently picked up and pieced together. What I DO remember, though, is soon after, our family installed blinds on that window... and I remember my mother explaining to the workers that I was afraid of UFOs. I had been shaken up by something. Also, I'm now positive this event took place in 1997.

Ok, so this story may not be as convincing as others, but I've felt strange going to sleep/waking up, ever since I pieced this together. It's a bit of a relief to get it off of my chest.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Hello, welcome. So you think this light could of been from the Phoenix lights? I wouldn't doubt it, if you were very close to the sightings. Maybe some of your old neighbors remember seeing something that night? So you think there's something else to remember that's crucial??

It also could have been a helicopter, I've seen those around, their lights on the ground I mean.

I used to be scared pantless about aliens coming to my window at night too, I remember that being one of the scariest things in my life, suprisingly.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Indeed, a helicopter is very possible. We have quite a few in this area of the city, and one even landed on my street! However, I listened very hard for a car, which is what I thought it was. This is how I entertained myself, watching out the window before falling asleep, and I was very observant. I can't remember hearing anything at all... it was really quiet, and if the light was that bright, I'd guess the helicopter would be quite close and making a lot of noise.

I also forgot to mention that I remember explaining to myself that it was a blimp... a police blimp. Go figure, it makes no sense, but perhaps it was a subconcious association?

In a bit of a leap here, I wouldn't be surprised if I've been abducted before. I've felt funny in the past few years of my life about the time in which I sleep compared to the time before any of this happened. I also used to have a good memory as a small child, but now I am very forgetful. Also, I've felt like I'm different, with a different purpose or as if I've been tampered with. And no, I'm not a social outcast or anything, it's ususally when I'm alone or thinking that I feel out of place. Of course, I don't have any proof, but again, I wouldn't be surprised.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I wouldn't be suprised either. But I have almost no expertise in the matter...so couldn't help you. Maybe what you need is some good hypnosis.
Perhaps it was an experience you'd rather store away.

But yea true, I forgot about the noise of the helicopter, they can almost be ruled out in that case.

Police blimp?? That must be some sort of association...what do you see when you think of a blimp?

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Carvador, click here to find out about something going on in your area in March. Regarding the Phoenix Lights.

Maybe it could help you out with this question.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Yea, I've heard about that meeting. I'm only 16 tho...

Anyways, about the blimp. What I think of, and I'm not sure of the origin of this image for I never saw the thing, is a black underside of a round-sided triangle, much like a stretched Grey head (lol), with two beams of light shooting downward from the front of it.

top topics

join