It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the 1st day of March come in like a lion or a lamb where you reside?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Hi everyone
I thought I would do a post here to see if anyone experienced crazy weather or calm weather last night and today as March came in. I know that here the wind started blowing like crazy (60mph) close to midnight, then tapered down this morning. It was really weird. Did anyone else have this happen?
I know there is that fable that says if March comes in like a lion it will leave like a lamb. This morning I also saw here www.foxnews.com... that Israel is preparing for war with the Palestinians. Wondering if it is going to be a crazy month..???

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Here i'd have to say it came in like a lamb. It was snowing like crazy last night, but today it's been warmer than it has in the past week and we actually had some great sun! Hopefully that doesn't mean it's going out like a lion
I've had enough snow for this year!

Michelle

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I can't believe it's Winter here in Arkansas, the temperature is in the 60's and not a cloud in the sky. It's much to beautiful of a day to be inside playing on my computer. Whats a geek to do?

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
You could say that this month represents a conflux of seperate perceived interests, yes.

Potentially, the truth of a few matters that are otherwise hidden behind rhetoric and dis-information may be revealed to those who are perceptive enough to notice it if events as i understand them are going to continue as they are.

It's a shame i have martial arts training to attend, otherwise i'd be locked on this damn contraption trying to figure out EXACTLY what is going to occur and when.

Right now at this moment in time, it does look like things are building up in a way.

Potentially we could be looking at an information overload - whereby something that would otherwise be remarkable and controversial will be over-shadowed by something with far more headline-grabbing.

Such things have happened in recent history, and with the supposed Anonymous 'movement' getting ready to take a swing, i wouldn't be surprised if it happened again.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
It's a beautiful day in coastal Georgia. There's a light ocean breeze and blue sky.

The temperature is a very nice 70 degrees.

Been working in my garden most of the day.

Dizzie

edit for spelling

[edit on 1-3-2008 by dizziedame]

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Lion.

Woke up to a driveway full of snow which needed shovelling while a strong NE wind blew more snow. Then spent the rest of the morning bringing in more wood for the stove because of an arctic blast that lasted most of the week

At least it's milder and quieter now, here in Ontario, Canada.

OMG... the Israelis and the Palestinians are at each other's throats again?

Situation normal...

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

dizziedame....I'm totally jealous! I can't wait for the spring when I can work in the garden again
One of my few stress relieving enjoyments that I lose out on for 5-6 months a year. I should look into moving somewhere warm and snowless all year long

Michelle

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Oh, and in response to your original question - Lion.

Yesterday i fought against torrential conditions wearing nothing but a t-shirt and tracksuit pants in order to prepare for my job.

p.s; i know that britain is more or less renowned for having a lot of bad weather, but tbh we hadn't had anything that bad until yesterday.

Although of course, it might be because i was having to cope with it.

[edit on 1-3-2008 by Throbber]

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Lion.

It's a blizzard out there right now. I had to go to the grocery store to get some things and the roads are awful. Half dozen cars off the road and I only have to drive 5 minutes both ways. Supposed to change to freezing rain, than rain, than more snow before it's done.

Please let it be a nice spring and summer. Pretty please

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
In and around Halifax west yorkshire it came in like a lion !

There was high wind's flashes of blue light in the sky, blackout's and hail stone.

The most amazing thing is my mother found a green budgerigar with a yellow head in her garden this morning.

She has nursed the animal back to strength and carried it around with her all day in a towel.

It's very tame and will climb onto your finger a very tame animal indeed for what it must have been thru.

I found it one of the most amazing thing's that has happend this year.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

So jealous dizziedame about your weather.
I can't wait till it is like that again here. So eager to get in my garden and get some veggies and flowers grown.
Only two more months...

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
It's been crazy weather here in Denmark today. Deadly storm Emma hit Europe. It's still windy outside, but the worst is over (I hope).

AFP: Violent storms kill eight, disrupt transport in Europe

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Luckily, not all Europe has bad weather.

Here in Portugal he had an extremely nice start of March.

The maximum temperature in the Lisbon area (where I live) was 20º C (68º F), and at 21:00 was 14º C (57º F).

It's good to live in Portugal.

Edited to change the hour of the readings.

[edit on 1/3/2008 by ArMaP]

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Lion! Watched the weather last night and we were only suppose to have a chance at some flurries today (0-2"). It's been snowing all day! We have a couple inches already and the wind and snow seem to be picking up. I hope March goes out like a lamb.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Boy, did MrD and I choose the wrong weekend to go camping and think we were going to sit around a campfire! Lion, definitely lion. The lion is roaring so hard our travel trailer is rocking.
On our atv ride this morning, the wind came up and, since my helmet has a duckbill visor, I felt like my helmet was trying to take off, with my head in it!

I love the old sayings and the truisms contained therein. Yes, by the end of March the wind usually tapers off.

[edit on 1-3-2008 by desert]

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Check out what Emma did to this plane on March 1st in Hamburg, Germany. An Airbus 320 with 137 passengers. I guess March 1st came in like a lion for them.

Photo: Liveleak.com/EPA

Video here...

Lufthansa jet 'split second from crashing' after wingtip hits runway in freak winds

Experts said the powerful storm system "Emma" almost caused all 137 people abaoard an Airbus A320 plane to lose their lives in the near-disaster they described as "unprecedented" in the country's aviation history.

[---]

"Those few seconds were indescribable," one passenger told German television station N-TV after arriving safely on the ground.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

[edit on 2008/3/3 by Hellmutt]

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 06:08 AM
link   
The winds definitely were blowing like crazy here in fairbanks, but this time a few years ago they were also ripping pieces of buildings off at over a hundred miles an hour.

It's pretty much always super windy here this time of year.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by wrangell76
I know there is that fable that says if March comes in like a lion it will leave like a lamb.

I couldn't tell you...the glare off all the snow temporarily blinded me! Damn natural light, damn winter...
Up here in Southern Ontario we only have two seasons anyway...frostbite or flybite.

As to that plane video...brrrrr!! That gave me chills!

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Eastern Canada came in like a lion.

You guys can keep the heat, I love the cold!

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

That gave me chills!

A passengers tale... + more :

CNN video

top topics

<<   2 >>

join