It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News: Outbreak of Earthquakes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by mightymouth

I starred you for that great soundclip. The word amazing is thrown around alot but that word applies here.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   

I've always thought that outbreaks of quakes have a lot to do with the gravitational stresses the planet encounters on it's orbit, right about this time we are being flung out from the closest point in our orbit, so in a sense we are being torn between the momentum of our planet and the gravity of the sun.

Does that make any sense

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
but then wouldn't al these earthquakes have happened in mid december?

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

More detail from a site the Jackinthebox has already posted

hisz.rsoe.hu...

This shows all of the disasters that have been reported throughout the world. At first I was shocked to see how much crap is happening to the earth at one time, but soon you'll get used to it. It's just the way things are.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheyrshad
but then wouldn't al these earthquakes have happened in mid december?

No not really, I guess what I'm getting at it the period between December and first part of march.... and again june/july would be when the Earth is under the most stress.

And then (I've not researched this.. Just a thought) any earthquakes that are building up might just get the little extra push, that little bit of extra energy they need to happen.

It would be interesting to correlate dates of loads of quakes to see if there is a grouping around these times.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Hi There,

Thanks to mightymouth for that very facinating link, which gives me an idea about potential earthquake prediction possibilities using recordings such as these.

To illustrate the point I need you to think of a line starting at zero (0) with a positive scale incrementing 1, 2, 3, etc, to the right of the zero, and a negative scale incrementing -1, -2, -3, etc to the left of the scale. This scale is in the reading window of some device similar to a voltage meter, only instead of measuring voltage, it measures and records earth sounds.

These devices could be attached to the seismic detectors already in-situ around the globe, but specifically in areas of earthquake activity. I am betting that these sounds increase in both intensity and frequency and would probably correllate directly and proportionally to stress increases in the earth's crust? Furthermore, I would bet that the length of the sound (let us call it its tonality or tone) becomes stretched into a single tone or dischordant harmonic just prior to a large jolt occurring?

Unfortunately, it would take time to build up a database of the different sounds, and time to weed out the particular sounds or tones that show high probabilty for a quake to follow. Thus, on our scale, normal small tremors would fluctuate the needle + or - in either direction randomly, but as greater stresses build up, they should move the needle in one direction and keep it there until the stress breaks? That's the idea, anyway. Any thoughts as to plausibility?

Best wishes

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Hi There,

I did a little digging around and it seems others have thought of the same idea. Ah well, back to the drawing board.

www.freepatentsonline.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I cant believe some of the people in this thread.

Do you know how many earthquakes happen each year?

We live on active plates, constantly moving and being obstructed.

Earthquakes are the earths way of relieving stress.

It is not the end time or planet x. And its defiantly not the devil speaking from the earth's core.

Come on, think rationally.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join