It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HAve you ever seen anything like this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I was searching through the net and was looking for a picture that I was going to use as a possible avatar, when I was looking, I came across this.

Is it a Northern Pike or a Muskee?
I like to fish and it is a very strange catch indeed.
Anyone else seen anything like this before?

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I've seen this before, it's a two bodied fish, not sure where it was caught, or what type of fish it is, it's a similar story to all the two headed animals we see, except this one has got two bodies instead. It's still a very strange find indeed.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I really enjoy fishing alot, if I would have hooked into this one, guess I wouldn't know what to think of it. The caption of the picture was "Twice the Filets" which is true and funny.
It would be a very wierd experience catching it though.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I think I saw one of those in the Simpsons movie. Do you live next to a nuclear power plant?

Wig

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Yes seen it before, and someone suggested it was 2 seperate fish, the head of the 2nd fish has been inserted behind the gill flap of the 1st fish.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Yes, this is been around for a while. It's a twin bodied muskie.

Probably it's parents lived around a nuclear power plant wastewater discharge.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
that thing looks creepy. the one on the left looks like it died long before it got caught.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I would have to say as mentioned above that it is two separate fish, one placed into the gill slot of the larger fish. What makes me think this is you can see the extended gill where the smaller fish is inserted, plus the smaller fish is sideways, it would be highly unlikely the fish would even be able to swim, let alone breathe with one side of his gill not even functional. If you look at the head also you can see it is stretched due to the smaller fish being inserted.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I got quite a few pictures on my computer, with mutations that look like that, but with different animal species. Be that a 3-headed frog, 2 headed turtoise, 8-legged girafe (Okay, thats a known photoshop), the one posted in this thread, a 7 legged calf, a double mouthed fish, a dolphin with an extra set of fins, a 4-legged duck, and so on and so on...

Thats what you tend to collect when you study biology at the university..

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Allred5923
I really enjoy fishing alot, if I would have hooked into this one, guess I wouldn't know what to think of it. The caption of the picture was "Twice the Filets" which is true and funny.
It would be a very wierd experience catching it though.

I don't think I'd eat that fish man... The eyes are in a strange spot too... It's probably drank some nulcear waste or something!

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Allred5923

I am an avid Muskie and Pike fisherman, although both the species are very similar in appearance, this is a Pike. Muskie tend to have a horizontal or vertical bar pattern, you can clearly see that these are round spots, which denote pike. I agree with a previous post about this being one fish in anothers gill, as doubtfully this fish would have grown to such a size. That is a 3 to 5 lbs pike, which is prob 5 years old, from my experience he would have been gobbled up by frodo biggins from the deep as I like to call them. As for the eyes, no they are in the exact location they should be, but if you look close, you can see the gill flap of the second smaller fish just to the left of the eyes of the larger fish, hence has been inserted into the one fish. If it were to have evolved this way there would be no need for that closed gill flap. As a previous poster said the fish is sideways, and yes it wouldn't have been able to swim properly, as i have released countless numbers of these fish, all with minor injuries, due to surgery on the boat, (unhooking them) have seen how they react and regain their bearings, definatley would have been eaten up due to the obscure movements this fish would make. Bigger pike and or muskie pounce on that sort of behavior, in Canada anyway. Photo Hoax, however, nice try, and good luck on the lake.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Just a thought, but if you zoom in, its lips aren't in line, it looks photoshopped.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by butterflycatcher

There is also a visible "seam" in the mouth where the two images weren't blended well.

join