It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[VIDEO] How 9/11 Disinformation Works ------

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Count how many times you see the people in the white shirts pass the ball.
www.youtube.com...

A great video.

[edit on 18-2-2008 by IvanZana]

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
as i posted on youtube, i counted 12 or 13, and yes saw the "catch"(as to not spoil it) as well.

A better ending would have been to have the 3 people take off thier black shirts and have white shirts under them, thus everyone had white shirts; which would nearly double the number.

The catch was too obvious, well for me at least.

Damn I'm just now realizing I posted the answer on you tube comment.

Hopefully the Video poster has to clear them before they get posted, and he won't post mine. Maybe there's an edit post or delete post button, doubt it, but I'll go try.

Edit* Nevermind seems as though no posts are allowed, I mean the video was posted 1 year ago, and has zero comments.

If you think this post gives anything away, send me a u2u, I'll edit it.

[edit on 18-2-2008 by Nola213]

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Thats funny. Honestly the first time I saw it I got burnt by it.

I hope you liked it.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I had to watch it twice because I too was burnt by the final question, then I witnessed the answer to the question. Hope this doesn't give anything away.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by IvanZana

Great video, it actually does remind me of several 'conversations' I've had with online peoples. I liked Nola's shirt suggestion too, but that's too clever to describe the types of deflection at work here. Good find, worth posting as an answer when someone behaves like this.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Caustic Logic

Well I'm a huge fan of magic and illusion, and love slieght of hand. So I am very Aware of misdirection. Being a hardcore Fan of Derren Brown. I'm sure you folks in the UK know him, but he's not known AT ALL in the states which is a shame, I can't even buy any of his books.

He is a breat illusionist, and close of magician. Entertainer basically sums it up. Show-man extrodanairre.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Disinformation doesn't need to work for everyone, just for most people. I guarantee you, most people would have never thought to pay attention to anything other than what the "media" in question says to pay attention to. A great example of what they are demonstrating here is WTC 7. You have the "black" newsteam (let's say CNN) tossing around their spin, you have the "whites" (Fox) throwing around their spin, and then the little report about WTC7 walks right by, in between all the team members throwing around their spin, and nobody even remembers it happened.

You should retool that video to be about 9/11.

The question at the end should be "Did you see the 47 story building?"

Hopefully people will watch the video before reading my post.

*Edited to say "Great job!" to the OP for finding that clever video.

[edit on 21-2-2008 by indierockalien]

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
That video was awesome!

While I totally missed the gorilla, I'm pretty sure I aced the question of how many times the ball got passed.

14 anyone?

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by indierockalien

You should retool that video to be about 9/11.

The question at the end should be "Did you see the 47 story building?"

[edit on 21-2-2008 by indierockalien]

No, where are you getting these fringe theories from, gorilla's lol. wth?

The point is that the 2 of the blacks tshirt wearing boys have white tshirts undeneath, and the white shirts only passed the ball 11 times.

With todays computer technology i wouldnt doubt that the white shirts are really wearing black shirts and they implemented holograms and tv cgi effects to accomplish the scam.

[edit on 22-2-2008 by IvanZana]

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
After so long you come to expect this stuff (depending on who/what you're dealing with), just like you see the end of a bad joke coming from a million miles away. As soon as the video told me to count the number of times the ball was passed, I knew I was going to be distracted from something. I didn't even make an attempt to count the balls. If it's really that important I can always do it later. Better to just always be on your toes.

A good rule of thumb is, whatever the major media is saying, the opposite is actually true. Terror threat level high? That means nothing is going to happen. Nobody saying much about terror, or letting it sit on the back-burner so to speak, that's when they hit. Because the events are more traumatic and therefore effective that way.

From "The Art of War," which is an old, old text:

18. All warfare is based on deception.

19. Hence, when able to attack, we must seem unable;
when using our forces, we must seem inactive; when we
are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away;
when far away, we must make him believe we are near.

Of course this stuff isn't really secret, it's just a matter of not seeing it coming or expecting it to be used on you, mostly, that allows it to be so effective. People don't usually consider the disinfo tactics that are used on them every day, even embedded into made-up concepts our language reinforces, like "justice." What is justice? Someone does something someone else doesn't like, so the 2nd person does something back to spite the 1st. That's animalistic. But it's what this word "justice" basically means and the term is held in high regard in countries like the US, where you do something "bad" and the state whips your ass for it. You're meant to take it so they ingrain the whole concept into you from an early age. You're most easily brainwashed when it's very subtle and you just take it for granted. The more blatant something is, the easier it is to pick out as trying to "sell" you something.

new topics

top topics

join