It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Cape Verde Amomalies?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I was looking at the Mars Cape Verde picture and would like some input from the experienced folks out there. There seem to be two anomalies, (at least), in the picture. I have highlighted the two that piqued my interest the most. I drew squares around each area and they are kind of hard to see. I do not want to state what I think is in the picture. I do not want to put an idea in your minds before I get your input. Thanks for the information. Here is the link to the original picture.

photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   
You've got Dragons.This from another section,more the cliffs of the same frame as your box,frame#3 of 3. But before contrasting the part you boxed there's a cone shaped fossil that is a dragon body from the side,tapering fast toward back end as if tail is resting in an unseen depression,like a tube in a valley. The other LIVE ONE is a happy looking snake person with animal face,like a thinner Barney the dinosaur or puff the magic dragon appearance. I have to describe things in children's terms for the children who just see rocks.SSSSHHH Nasa is NAPPY TIME. This one dragon in green frame center seems to have front legs dangling. First try isn't always best,but here's more to these frames I'm sure because there's a HAZE over them done intentionally to obscure details. I'm talking about a HAZE over the whole 3 frames,a FUZZ.Not crystal clear imagery,is it? Maybe something brewing elsewhere in this group assemblage?? If you have excellent pattern recognition check out the unmarked because I missed it bright yellow dragon face over the letters "en" in word" Den",then you know you're a real ace in dragon hunting.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Neg Images/All's fair in LOVE & NASA.
Why look there must be only rocks...only rocks I TELL YOU. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. The small bat-wing head dragon is accompanied by a few more in the stark gray pics with faces next to the shadowy tube(dead dragon body).I see so much in the other pics.See who else can see them first.The happy dragon family.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Relax,I'm only half way THERE.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
There's a lot more here that's more worthwhile,but just to show how busy many random areas are crawling with life.In other words,someone sees anomalies,but behind it 20 more exist in the same tiny frame from the big pic.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
This is from the first frame of those 4 using most of the frame,so it's a lot of info packed down,compressed to reveal faces.This is not the best face,just one.Posterized shrunk extremely.Here's where you see what I go thru constantly,deciding which of 2 overlapping faces to emphasize??? 1.ET movie face 2. low staring mars tiny man face(both about the same size).Look for the big eyes.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by hoovy

Bet you're regretting that thread huh?

Could you give us a crop of the particular areas you have highlighted?

Becker

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I'd like to see a bigger picture but that tif is way too big. Got something in a XL?

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Becker44

Hi Becker44

First detail outlined by the OP

Second detail outlined bby the OP

===========================================

reply to post by stikkinikki

Hi stikkinikki
Here you go:

Image (PIA10209)

Catalog page

Original Caption Released with Image:
This Mars Exploration Rover Opportunity Pancam "super resolution" mosaic of the approximately 6 m (20 foot) high cliff face of the Cape Verde promontory was taken by the rover from inside Victoria Crater, during the rover's descent into Duck Bay. Super-resolution is an imaging technique which utilizes information from multiple pictures of the same target in order to generate an image with a higher resolution than any of the individual images. Cape Verde is a geologically rich outcrop and is teaching scientists about how rocks at Victoria crater were modified since they were deposited long ago. This image complements super resolution mosaics obtained at Cape St. Mary and Cape St. Vincent and is
consistent with the hypothesis that Victoria crater is located in the middle of what used to be an ancient sand dune field. Many rover team scientists are hoping to be able to eventually drive the rover closer to these layered rocks in the hopes of measuring their chemistry and mineralogy.
This is a Mars Exploration Rover Opportunity Panoramic Camera image mosaic acquired on sols 1342 and 1356 (November 2 and 17, 2007), and was constructed from a mathematical combination of 64 different blue filter (480 nm) images.

Here you can find the whole Opportunity sol 1342 PanCam set
marsrover.nasa.gov...

And here you can find the whole Opportunity sol 1356 PanCam set
marsrover.nasa.gov...

Image Credit:
NASA/JPL-Caltech/Cornell University
marsrover.nasa.gov...

Hope this helps

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Thanks Internos, you got the pictures done before I could. Here is what I came up with. The photo is from the lower middle section of the photo. Refer to Internos' post of the two areas for better detail. I am having trouble with my graphics program right now.

Side Note: Internos, what graphics program are you using? I like the results you came up with on the two areas.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

Thanks Internos, the clarity of the pictures you have seem to make the thread obsolete now. Looks like normally occurring rock formations.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Becker44

I do regret it.
Seems like a lot to go through for someone to tell me they only see rocks.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by hoovy

Hi hoovy
For this specific case, i've used Paint Shop Pro: i made a little gamma correction, increased a little the brightness and removed the moiree effect and (partially) the jpeg artifacting, because the original image was too grainy.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   

I appreciate it. I am using Active Pixels 2 and I am still getting used to the program. Trying to pull out more detail. If I pull out the type of detail you can, I won't be posting anymore threads.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by hoovy

Well, a humble hint: imho, it is much better to get a popular software like Photoshop or Paint shop pro, especially because you can do many things
and you can find many tutorials on the web, more filters and other tools. No one is used to before learning.

Ah, there's also an excellent, free (GNU), alternative: The Gimp.
You can download the full version here for free
www.gimp.org...
and many tutorial are available for it as well. Many friends o' mine use it with satisfactory results.
Keep on looking at Mars pics: and when you think to have found "something", just share it here: no matter if it turns out to be a rock. We'seen some billions of rocks so far, so a rock more, a rock less, it doesn't matter

[edit on 18/2/2008 by internos]

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   

I'll try to go step by step as has been suggested by other members.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I'm sorry, i don't even get what i'm supposed to be looking at here. I'm going to take a leap of faith and say this is probably nothing. Sorry.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Here is what your animal looks like at the head.Picture this animal head facing your left hand,and just reverse that aspect so he/she is pointing right hand side like your beast,probably likewise a fossil.They tend to go by looks and size as to how old they are both in age while alive or as millenia go by the bigger animals seemed to scale down in size ,sort of like our dinosaurs.Likewise Mars had dinosaurs. But these type of animals go for long distances in straight lines like trains.They don't like turning.This one coul be 10-20-30-40 feet long.I would guess it's in the 3 foot to 6 foot high range at the head to be visible at such distance.Think of a giant caterpillar.Many of the Mars giants are snake related like dragons or caterpillar shaped and highly segmented as far as tiny identical sets of legs.So the giants seem either lizard or insectoid.This one is most likely insectoid because of roundness like a worm.The big thick tube of shell or bone is left when the rest of the animal is eaten or decays,unless perhaps some get burried and fossilize as whole as if they were frozen in place,petrified. If it were lizard-like,and I'm not saying it isn't ,then it could even have a very human-looking face which is unsettling when you first see the LIVE versions. Imagine a giant humanoid face on a large tubular beast.....I've seen one charge the rover in anger and did a drawing of it because moving animals blur out somewhat,just like old time slow photography with long exposure time.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Sorry really i'am and im not being rude but honestly guy's they are all rocks

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by vze2xjjk

vze, you have exposed one the biggest cover ups in human history that NASA has been masking photos of life on Mars. You nailed it about dinosaur sized life forms on Mars. In 2003 I painted a picture of a dinosaur from a huge statue next to giant humanoid statues near a river bed from a Global Surveyor satellite photo on Mars. Rik Riley

[edit on 28-2-2008 by rikriley]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join