It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beautiful Space Picture

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Sorry dreamrebel i had to kind hijack ur topic.

I love images of space and was wondering if yall could post ur fav space images of nebulas, blackholes,stars, and galaxies

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 09:06 PM
link   
i have of course bin stupid and lost most of my linx, but heres one

photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   
for me it's a toss-up between...

messier object 104, the sombrero galaxy

www.seds.org...

AND

messier object 20, the triffid nebula

www.seds.org...

EDIT: i forgot to put in links to the source, so i did that

[Edited on 2/16/2004 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   
one of my favorites

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   
almost like pure works of art.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   
i love the eagle nebula. in fact, i almost put that up, too, but i figured i would leave it to someone else and put something lesser known up.

the "pilliars of god (or creation)" truely are amazing... espeically the face of christ (or satan, depending on how you think about it).

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Eye Nebula. Creepy lookin'.

Fireworks Nebula. Looks a little like the Eye of Sauron from LOTR.

[Edited on 2-16-2004 by darklanser]

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   
holy crap thats freaky

what is the face of christ

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   
www.seds.org...

the whole nebula... you can see the pilliars in the center. the picture TekNo88 posted is an enlargement of them. see in the first pilliar, towards the bottom, where it juts out to the right (EDIT: in TekNo88's picture, i mean... i threw that in just for scale). that's the face.

[Edited on 2/16/2004 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 07:05 PM
link   
so thats is the same pic as before

jra

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I love that Eagle nebula. From what i remember reading somewhere, you can fit our whole solar system in one of the pillars.

It's too bad these things wouldn't be as colourful if you were to actually go to these places. You might not even see them if you were right there at them (as far as i know).

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jra
I love that Eagle nebula. From what i remember reading somewhere, you can fit our whole solar system in one of the pillars.

It's too bad these things wouldn't be as colourful if you were to actually go to these places. You might not even see them if you were right there at them (as far as i know).

as far as i no, u can fit a whole lot more in. these things are were stars are born, huge clouds of dust, everywhere, jsut forming and coallescing.
as to seeing it, well, supposedly inside a nebula is the only place ud see a completely black sky, but that is as of yet unverified (see Douglas Adams' The Hitchhiker's Guide for more info)
id assume it wudnt be very interesting. ud also probably die, but thast beside the point

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Someone said "almost like works of art"

Well infact, my friend, they ARE works of art. They were created, and indeed, to us, are perfect. These things are divine works of art - perfect in every aspect. Somehow, when I look at beautiful things like these, whether it is space, water, snowy trees, it just makes me think to myself (no, not: a wonderful world) But, just, how could these things been put here without God? I, mean, not to offend atheists, but you might see my point when I say that, can't you feel some sort of divine power placing these beautiful things here. Even the darkest soul can feel the beauty of these pictures..

That eye nebula...so far away...out in deep space, yet, it looks like something that is so close to us all the time...

Excellent thread

(What a wonderful world
)

-wD

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I thought you would enjoy the photos found on the following web pages:

www.seds.org...

nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov...
hubble.nasa.gov...

[Edited on 18-2-2004 by kinglizard]

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 07:30 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   
If you like those pics and you would want them as a wallpaper you can take a look at this place...

gallery.artofgregmartin.com...

there not hubble photos, but the guy makes some awesome wallpapers for your comp.

just go to wallpapers and look at his archive. And no you dont have to pay.

join