It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leprechaun! in Alabama! Do you belive?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Leprechaun in Mobile, Alabama

They have wittness reports! And even a drawing of what he looks like! Everyone has their own "theory" on what this little creature may be! Listen to tales, and be amazed at what is happening in Mobile, Alabama.

One man has a flute given to him by his grand-daddy. The flute is hundreds of years old, and he was told a story of the pot of Gold!

Thats what this is all about IMO folks.. They always want the Leprechauns gold..

[edit on 14-2-2008 by zysin5]

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
YEAAAH!

I remember seeing this after it happened.. real or not, this is always

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
They made a song to this too! It is actually my ringtone
Not sure how relevant it is but dang funny for sure!

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

Errmm...WHY are all the 'witnesses' black? What does this mean exactly? Hmmm...kinda worrying..

J.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
There is a lot of evidence in the form of eyewitness accounts and historical records about leprechauns. I haven't seen anybody produce any good photos or have some leprechaun gold to have analyzed, so that tends to decrease the plausibility of such things existing.

Still, it's difficult to completely discount the entire folkloric record of such creatures, since small humanoids of various types playing tricks on people is a worldwide archetype. Although there are cultural variations in the descriptions, the accounts are remarkably consistent.

These days, we usually call them "aliens," but what's in a name, after all?

[edit on 14-2-2008 by Nohup]

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Ok your gonna make me tell this story.....

I once had a friend in High School. This friend was well liked and completely honest and kind with everyone he met. He displayed a sort of positive energy about him.

One day while walking to a campsite to meet up with some friends he told me something that I will never forget....

He said...
While walking in the woods through a shortcut to get to his house from school, he saw what looked like a garden gnome standing on the path. He froze and was completley astonished to find that this wasnt any sort of lawn decoration, It was alive and and looking at my friend directly in the eyes.

By this point I was naturally saying things like, "Your fuggin kidding me right?" or "No way in hell." Things of that nature.

He assured me that he has never told anyone this, and knew, since I was into this conspiracy stuff in HS, that he would be comfortable telling me because "You have an open mind."

Ok...
So they just stood there looking at each other, him, not knowing whether this creepy looking gnome guy was going to have some sort of freak strength and kill him, or he was going to give him a pot of gold or something.

He told me that they just looked at each other, and he got the impression that he was allowed to see this thing. He told me that he got some sort of feeling that he was communicating with him through thought, letting him know he was chosen to see them.

Not only that...
He said that 2 months after he saw this thing, he was walking in another part of town, again where no one else was around, and he said he saw this thing again. With the same intentions, same thought, same lucky to see this thing feeling.

Now, I don't know about you but this story seems pretty far fetched.

But he had no reason to lie to me.

And I totally trusted him, as he did me.

Ill never forget this!

[edit on 14-2-2008 by IMAdamnALIEN]

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jimbo999

Hey Jimbo! Sorry sir I dont see color.. I only see human beings all getting together to spin a yarn for you all
Be it a yarn, or a tale of people, thats for you to decide!

Such as IMAdamnALIEN story about his friend in HS.. That is very interesting to say the least.. I honestly belive that most myth comes right from nonfiction truths of this world..
The truth is stranger than myth.. I think science has proved that.
It also could be a "crackhead" in a tree?
That agin is for you to decide

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

LOL

Well, he described to me the same thing you see when you see a garden gnome. Suspenders, a little hat, little homemade-looking shoes, white beard and everything!

Im not sure it could have been a crackhead in a tree, crackheads would dress like this, but I would be pressed to find a crackhead that was 2 1/2 feet tall with a white beard.

Nice thread!

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
It seems humiliating and degrading to me; it is impolite and even worse to subtly suggest that people are ignorant and supersticious. Every comment there wa silly, crackhead jokes, an obviously deranged man ranting about a magic flute....it seemed like it was mocking these people for being so ridiculous.

Like a freak show, the victims are more often the audience than the performers when it comes to who gets the last laugh.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   
they said they saw what looked like a leprechaun- if it didn't move, speak, or show itself then I find this story to be fake. Mobile Alabama is pretty redneck and back-country. They have alot of free time on their hands- could be a scam...there aint much to do there but think of leprechauns.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 04:55 AM
link   
D'oh on me. Didn't even think to not share that aspect of the story.

Anyway...on leprechauns. Anything is possible, but I don't see why they would choose a populated area to show themselves. Maybe I will become a leprechaun hunter. I don't think they are real, myself, anymore than I believe lawn gnomes really run out in front of cars
There, I think that is better.

Mod Edit - removed illegal drug reference.
Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">Terms & Conditions

[edit on 15-2-2008 by elevatedone]

[edit on 15-2-2008 by tacocheesey]

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   
There are several threads about similar entities on ATS, under thread titles such as 'little people'. And 'leprechauns'.

Quite long threads too, if memory serves.

Interesting.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Oh we have been there done that.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Check out the remix.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Yea, didn't we go thru this all last year?

Originally posted by IMAdamnALIEN
not knowing whether this creepy looking gnome guy was going to have some sort of freak strength and kill him, or he was going to give him a pot of gold or something.

LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!! Now that's funny!!!

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by jbondo

It wasn't meant to be funny, but I guess it is quite amusing

I'm leaning toward "real", solely because of my friend telling me this years ago.

Again, no reason to lie to me, never told anyone else, and he was setting himself up to look like a jackass, but, he trusted me to be open minded about his tale. I was, and I believe him 100%.

There are many unexplainable happenings throughout the world. This just happened to occur in my neck of the woods. I feel lucky to have known him. And even luckier to have this story told to me.

Carry on....

[edit on 15-2-2008 by IMAdamnALIEN]

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Ummm... well...

It could be a crackhead.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Sad to say, but yes this is no Hoax. People really do gather around and look for this "Leprechaun" and I would know, I live here(Mobile, AL). This is horribly embarrassing and just further proves that anytime Alabama is on the news it's never for anything good...

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by AreaMan

Come on now.. Nothing embarrassing. Who else can say they co-exist with leprechauns? Only guy I would be worried about is the one after the gold... leprechaun might want to steer clear of him

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimbo999
Errmm...WHY are all the 'witnesses' black? What does this mean exactly? Hmmm...kinda worrying..

J.

Why is the race, ethnicity, etc etc "worrying"?

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by IMAdamnALIEN

I know it wasn't meant to be funny but the way you said it....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join