It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York State, lookout, here come the Canadians!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Barry Zwicker of the "9/11 TV Special You Never Saw" and numerous 9/11 conference and panel appearances, is being interviewed tonight on "The Agenda with Steve Paikin" a public affairs program shown on TV Ontario here in Canada. This is a very widely viewed program in Ontario, Canada and even better, it is receivable and viewed in New York State.

This might be the first 9/11 conspiracy TV show to be available in the US since C-Span (I believe) did something a year ago, or so.

Here is the scheduling note on TVO's website:

www.tvo.org...

(Moment of modest Canadian pride here.)

Note: This program is being rebroadcast at 11:00 pm tonight, I believe, so New Yorkers who want to shock Aunt Winnie can still do so.

[edit on 14-2-2008 by ipsedixit]

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I missed it, can you recap?

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Even better, is the broadcast on the net anywhere? I'd sure like to see the take on things from our friends north of the border.

Edit to add: www.tvo.org...
Doesn't look like the 13th is up, but from the above page, I'd assume it will be in a day or two.

[edit on 2/14/2008 by Unit541]

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Unit541

Yeah, they archive the programs and I intended to bump the thread in a day or so when they have the program of the 13th on the site.

I haven't actually seen it myself, so I am looking forward to it. I think there was a segment on 911 featuring Barry Zwicker and then segments on one or two other conspiracy style topics, like how the AIDS epidemic got started. This was followed by an academic discussion of the whole "conspiracy phenomenon".

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
If you missed the program referred to in my OP, you can catch it here archived on the TVO website. Just click on the program of Feb.13th/08 and it pops up in a separate window.

www.tvo.org...

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I finally had a chance to watch the program on the TVO website archive and I'm sorry to say that I was a little disappointed. I thought the host, Steve Paikin did a good job, was polite and asked the right questions but I thought that Barry Zwicker came across as being a little nervous and excited. It seemed as if he might have been prepared for a rough ride and started out in a state of agitation that never seemed to subside. I think David Ray Griffin might have been a better fit for a program like that.

The academic discussion that followed Zwicker's segment was interesting up to a point. The panel members fluttered around the phenomenon of conspiracy theorism intelligently, but at the very end I was astonished that no one seemed to feel strongly that JFK had been the victim of a conspiracy. The reasons given were drawn from the earlier discussion of the psychological basis for resorting to the notions of conspiracy, almost as if hard evidence had no place in the discussion. Wouldn't the proven fraudulence of the famous picture of Oswald with the M-C carbine logically dictate some element of conspiracy in the case?

I have this horrible feeling that I was watching the birth of a new monster, an academic theory of conspiracy theories that can now be used to put political crimes at one more remove from public scrutiny.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

I would have to agree that Zwicker comes off as agitated... but I think passionate would be more fitting, in my opinion... He kind of made me think I was watching that Alex Jones doc' that came out a while back. This was a great post, and I wish I would have known about this the day it aired...

I'm sure there will be follow up stories in the future...

[edit on 17-2-2008 by StoneGarden]

[edit on 17-2-2008 by StoneGarden]

top topics

join