It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So...America freed black people, right?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheoOne

If America existed with one race, I think there would be much less crime and everything would probably be perfect. I don't know.

Doubtful as even empiral Japan, a very closed society, had extreme racism against the people whose ancestors were garbage collectors.

Never forget that the Civil War was about States Rights. Lincoln Emancipation would be like us saying the UK should end the monarchy with the Queen Elizabeth II due to it being an outmoded system in the western world. Sounds good to some but has no legal basis.

It could be argued that USA recognised the CSA as independent because of the formation of West Virginia despite the US Constitution prohibiting such an action if Virginia was still part of the USA.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TheoOne

Please explain your reasoning for this? My curiosity is piqued.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   

reply to post by realmatrix

All right, if you're not being sarcastic, then apology understood. Don't get me wrong, I don't like stupid people either (I do believe in education, duh) but it's just I was looking for the answer after my question.

If America existed with one race, I think there would be much less crime and everything would probably be perfect. I don't know.

[edit on 12-2-2008 by TheoOne]

Where do live? It appears that you live in a fairly homogeneic area. I think the best part of the US are the different cultures.....European, italian, asian, hispanic and african americans.....crime is a part of every culture.....

There is far less crime in Saudi Arabia...but then again there are lots of lost freedoms under their system.

[edit on 12-2-2008 by realmatrix]

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   

If America existed with one race, I think there would be much less crime and everything would probably be perfect.

explain why.

[edit on 12-2-2008 by scientist]

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   

reply to post by realmatrix

All right, if you're not being sarcastic, then apology understood. Don't get me wrong, I don't like stupid people either (I do believe in education, duh) but it's just I was looking for the answer after my question.

Ohh the irony...

Seriously, do you analyze anything before you draw conclusions?
Poverty/Extreme Need breeds most crime, not Race.
If this website existed without your logic, everything would be perfect.

Ignorance was definitely not denied in your post. In fact, you built a nice little dwelling for it to reside in.

[edit on 12-2-2008 by ChronMan]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Am I missing something? I don't see The One's posts anywhere on this thread except where they are quoted. I even thought Vox's first comment was the original post and didn't know what the thread was about. Were The One's comments deleted?

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Something weird is going on....I checked TheoOne's profile, and his threads if you click on any of them NONE of his posts are there any more. Also I VERY briefly saw him try to start a thread called "Why am I being silenced" or some such, and in the blink of an eye the post disappeared.

Very odd.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Someone forgot to sacrifice his goat to the Forum God this week, I see.

Guess we'll not get to learn about that one-race utopia thing tonight... Pity

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
Am I missing something? I don't see The One's posts anywhere on this thread except where they are quoted. I even thought Vox's first comment was the original post and didn't know what the thread was about. Were The One's comments deleted?

They`re back now. gave me a bit of a shock when I clicked to check up on the thread..

if nothing else I`m happy his posts are back, because with them gone I looked like a bit of a loony. Given enough time, I`m sure another mod would have red-flagged me for violating the ATS non sequitur policy or something..

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

However, I don't think you'll find many blacks that equate the two...and rightfully so. Being a debt slave is one thing, but it isn't the same as being chattel...you can't be beaten, sold, nor have your family snatched away never to be seen again. You may be indentured...but you're not property.

Tell that to the black inmates who make up the majority of the prison population in the US. Most of them are there because of a lack of real opportunity to even subsist. Growing up in a violent and impoverished community practically gurantees that a black man will die or go to prison before he is 25.

EDIT to add: I think the reason the two aren't generally equated is because they hear the same propoganda as everyone else.

[edit on 2/13/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I talked some about slavery in America in my thread A Bigger Picture

Please stop by.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFoxIt's an incremental difference. Kind of like "Would you rather be shot, or be shot while wearing dirty underwear?" - Obviously you'd rather die with clean briefs, but either way, you're getting shot.

Yes, but if I'm gonna go, I'd rather die on my feet than on my knees. Ask some black friends, please, and get back to us.

Originally posted by Ahabstar
Doubtful as even empiral Japan, a very closed society, had extreme racism against the people whose ancestors were garbage collectors.

There is actually an indigeous Japanese race called the Ainu. They don't like to talk about it much...their record is about as good as ours.

Originally posted by jackinthebox
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Being a debt slave is one thing, but it isn't the same as being chattel...you can't be beaten, sold, nor have your family snatched away never to be seen again. You may be indentured...but you're not property.

Tell that to the black inmates who make up the majority of the prison population in the US.]

Call that oppression, call it what you want, but don't call it slavery, which is legally sanctioned private ownership of another human being. To compare the two trivializes the slavery experience and the advances made by the Civil Rights movement.

Ask any Jew how they feel about the word Holocaust being casually bandied about and you'll get the same lecture.

It may seem to you like it's a splitting of hairs...but it matters. Once again, go to your black friends for comment...show them this thread, and see what the response is.

[edit on 13-2-2008 by JohnnyCanuck]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Do you think that if europeans, having had with no ownership of slaves, after settling in North America, would America be a one-race nation today and how would it be like? Including not letting anybody that's outside of one race to immigrate or settle in here?

Interesting if you think about it. Makes you think.

I doubt it....when a booty call comes a knockin, Europeans are no different than most cultures....they go for it! Thats how we have mulattoes....are you familiar with that?
Just google...rape+Louisiana+whites....might give you something for your "educational background" or you can google mulattoes to see what you come up with.....

seek ye the truth and it WILL set you free!

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Everybody knows the Blacks / Moors were trading in WHITE EUROPEAN slaves years and years before the Americans decided to buy black slaves from OTHER BLACK tribes in Africa right??

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by donk_316
Everybody knows the Blacks / Moors were trading in WHITE EUROPEAN slaves years and years before the Americans decided to buy black slaves from OTHER BLACK tribes in Africa right??

Slavery was a common convention. However, it's only the African or Atlantic slave trade that was of any relevance to either the North American context, or this thread.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I don't think the U.S. hated black people. Maybe some people do, maybe some people don't. Slavery was a trade. Mostly from Africa. So......if black people sold black people into slavery, then do black people hate black people? If the European settlers killed Native Americans, then will all Europeans kill Native Americans? No, I don't think so, but that's just my take on things.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
Tell that to the black inmates who make up the majority of the prison population in the US. Most of them are there because of a lack of real opportunity to even subsist. Growing up in a violent and impoverished community practically gurantees that a black man will die or go to prison before he is 25.

Still subscribing to that victim mentality I see.
I think you are confusing opportunity with desire and ambition.

Everybody has the same opportunity but for some people it may require more "WORK" to get there.
Sure it may not be easy, but it certainly isn't impossible either.

As wrong as slavery was it is still makes up a big part of this country's History. American History would not be complete without the discussion of slavery.

I for one don't understand why White slave owners could believe slavery would be around forever and yet continued to breed the biggest, baddest and strongest mandingo with the biggest wench.

Yes, Blacks were freed but many still continue to hold on to the shackles for convenience

Once Obama becomes Prez all the fussing done by the Jacksons/Sharptons of the world will no longer have any merit.

What will be there to complain about when White Man is no longer in charge?

Guess it's time to kick the crutches.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
Once Obama becomes Prez all the fussing done by the Jacksons/Sharptons of the world will no longer have any merit.

right.

Need I mention reparations? you know, the old 40 acres and a mule bait-and-switch thingiemabobber?

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
you guys have absolutely no clue nor do you have enough
life experience to formulate a well thought out opinion.

ms.fox...i salute your understanding.

and by the way xandro....the "wench" was my gggrandmother.

if you wish to learn something google "willie lynch"

[edit on 13-2-2008 by last time here]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join