It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space songs 'could attract alien danger'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Aliens could misinterpret earth's classic songs as declarations of war if they are recklessly broadcast into space, some scientists say.

Professor Barrie Jones of Open University said: "the chances are slight, but the consequences would be huge — the end of life on Earth".

news.ninemsn.com.au...

Personally I think if an alien race has technology to travel across space so quickly it would sure enough have the intellect not to believe a Beatles song to be an act of war?

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Hmm, so it is true that they really did broadcast that Beatles' song recently? I think there is more to it than what they are telling us...

Also, I believe that if there are intelligent Aliens out there that they are most likely more advanced than us... and have been monitoring our planet for some time, so I really doubt that them hearing a Beatles song would be their first realization of life in our solar system...

[edit on 12-2-2008 by Diplomat]

sty

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   
If extraterestrials are smart enough they would not waste their time watching MTV haha

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by sty
If extraterestrials are smart enough they would not waste their time watching MTV haha

Watching MTV? I'm pretty sure the song was broadcasted out into space as music, not video...

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by MuLongQun

Ah but wouldn't that be an assumption to say that you don't think they would if they could get here?

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   
All radio and TV signals have been beamed to outerspace in all directions ever since we flipped on the first transmitter. That's video, music, everything.

The 'Crazy Frog song' was beamed out a few years ago, and it very nearly destroyed us. Once that reaches another inhabited planet I reckon we'll have a fight on our hands.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I was jus thinking what about all the tv shows? if some of these races are behind us but have the option to watch our tv broadcasts they must think we are nuts? and very dangerous and unstable..

There is so much to misunderstand, Stargate about Humans running around destroying suns ETC, Startrek where humans run around the Galaxi fighting alien races and ignoring the prime directive, the list is endless even the stuff that takes place here on earth, if they dont understand the concept of entertainment like this maybe we could be in a lot of trouble.

So i think a beatles song is the least of our worries IMO

[edit on 12/2/2008 by azzllin]

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Just wait till alien's first hear...

My milkshake bring's all the boy's to the yard....

Momma said knock you out...

and lyric's in rap kill whitey... F the cop's...
Ill pop a cap in a Nword.
lol rap is gonna get us killed it's all 80% violence...wooot

join