It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dissapearing Janets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Now I know that some people claim JANET does not exist but this is silly!

I was just looking at the Janet Terminal at LAS.

After being given a few hints for a slightly better look in image quality, I went into Live Local and I noticed that the Janet Aircraft HAVE ALL GONE.

If someone can tell me how to get images up onto the posts I will provide images.

Does any body know why it might like this?

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by UK Alien Buff

did you use the same program .....as diff programs have diff shots taken at diff times.

that could be why you saw them ...then they disapeared.

snoopyuk

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   

given that any and all of the satellite/aerial imaging software available to the general public is potentially months or even years out of date you cannot read anything into the image that appears on your screen!

for example... the image of the place i work is over 3 years old, as a building that is shown there no longer exsists, but it appears that an image on the other side of the airport contains data that can only have been taken a matter of months ago as a very recently finished building is shown being contructed!

or alternatively, the janets aren't there because they are all flying to area51 or nellis or edwards or... or...

;0)

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I am aware that they fly around, but it does seem strange that NO aircraft on on the ramp!

You would think that they would keep one or two on the aircraft parking lot in case of a breakdown.

I was wondering if perhaps the US goverment was covering up the planes on one site and let them be seen on another.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   

I very much doubt that they would go to the trouble of making one platform blank it out, and not another, i expect they really are all just elsewhere at the point that platform took its photo...

what we need is someone from vegas to tell us if they all fly off or not!

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
With the number of users on here could a ATS user perhaps note down the take off times and then match them to the "published" flight times and tell us if any Janets remain on the ground?

Somebody must live in the LAS area

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
The reason I’m assuming they are gone is just the angle you where looking at.

Let me make it sound better, Using Live Local takes different shots from different angles at different times, so if you look at my Pics I put in the other Janet form they shots are from different angles with different amount of planes. Some have the terminal full and others have it empty with a plane pulling in.

If you look from the north, it might have been taken when 2 planes where there, from the south might have had 4 plane’s, if you zoom in the picture can change again if they have a better resolution. So in Live Local you’re looking at a shot with 2 planes, you then flip to see it from the other side and the planes are gone, simply because the photo was taken on a different day/time.

If Live Local was actually live, then it would be allot better, but a Live “live local” and live “Google earth” are a long way off.

What would be good if someone who’s in LAS can get closer pic’s of the aircraft to get the registration number (usually near the back of the plane) – that’s if JANET even has a registration number, if we get that, then there is ALOT more information we can get.

Mikey

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   
heres a few to start with

N5175U lands full
3:30pm N5294E lands full
3:42pm N5176Y lands full
3:56pm N5294E takes off empty
4:05pm Beechcraft 1900 N27RA lands full
4:09pm N5176Y takes off empty
4:30pm N4529W lands full
4:47pm N5294M lands full
5:12pm N5294M 10-20 passengers
5:32pm N5294E lands full
5:44pm N5176Y lands full

Its old but its the only one i found.

This covers time from 12th july1999-15th july 1999. The privet janet jets are light blue with dark strip down the centre. Both wings and tail are white.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by iammonkey

Excellent work iammonkey, with those registration numbers you can easily see the JANET planes on Aircraft websites, here are a few shots. VERY CLOSE UP, enjoy!

JANET 1
JANET 2
JANET 3
JANET 4
JANET 5
JANET 6
JANET 7

There are loads more pic’s on Airline Sites, once you have the Reg number it becomes that much easier.

Mikey

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 05:56 AM
link   
For the mods and site owners who are reading this, I'd like to nominate both iammonkey and mikey84 for somesort of award as these are pictures that I have never seen before. Could they get some sort of prize or extra points given please?

If you look at image no.3 and observe the front of the plane the pilot can be seen.

Have any other pics of JANETS shown the pilots? Coincidently, looking down the side of the plane i think that several people can be seen in the windows.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Here are the JANET Passangers and Inside JANET (well the door is open, lol)

The original full pictures and More can be found HERE

Mikey

[edit on 31/1/2008 by Mikey84]

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by rat256

I do want you to know that you have successfully shattered my universe. Goodbye Google Earth.

[PS: You are correct. My grass isn't brown anymore and I ripped the carport down a couple of years ago.]

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   
There seem to be quite a few here, if these are the right ones.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Something else that may interest...

JANET Flight Schedule

Mikey

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I was just at that site! Wow, and to think that they actually have a schedule posted.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   
i just noticed something the engines are different? i just typed in google
images boeing 737 so why has every other plane have the same looking type of jet on the domestic jets and the janets have different jets?

i also found this pic in google white boeing with a red stripe! with the same jet engines as the photos above now whats the white spot above the cockpit, its not the sun cause it aint bright enough and i dont think its the moon cause i cant see any detail so what is it?.......and best of all this plane has a reg number.

www.boeing.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ST SIR 86

Although the pic you have looks like a Janet, with the Red Stripe, it’s not. It’s the Boeing Launch Plane for the 737 (100 – 200). Here is a side few - Boeing 737 -100/200, colours are very similar to Janet, but this one has a painted tail, in your Pic you can see the painted tail too.

The spot above the Cockpit is the Moon at dusk and the reason the engines look funny is because the 737-100 – 737-200 models had the engines mounted in pods beneath the wings, making it easy to service.

Hope that helps,

Mikey

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Mikey84

The base changes their numbers quite often. That schedule on DLR is 4 or 5 revs old. I don't bother making schedules any more. The best thing to do is just fire up
flightaware.com...
rather than look at inaccurate information.

This link will fire up google earth with some real Janet routes and estimates at the aviation fixes.
www.lazygranch.com...
The fixes com from a thread on the vatsim.com website and are the best I've ever seen. Look for FIDOE and "pyramid". You can go to this page
www.lazygranch.com...
and get another KMZ for the navigation beacons. You can see the planes flying in the general direction of the PYD beacon before veering off to the base.

Plenty of Janet photos at
www.lazygranch.com...
This one has a decent photo of a Janet flight attendant.
www.area51gps.com...

new topics

top topics

join