It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look at the Ron Paul Image

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
www.cnn.com...

Look at all the images in the left hand column, while all the other candiates are shown as smiling and confident, there is one that is shown in a different pose...

Could they not find an image depicting a smiling and confident Ron Paul? Guess not...

To me this is graphic proof of the media's agenda in regards to Ron Paul.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by sobolwolf

I had thought McCain won Nevada, and Paul took second.. not Romney?

Anyways, your right about the picture, I had wondered that before. No surprise of course.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Seems he's just been terminated right now. CNNly speaking, 'course.

That's btw how Sarkozy's won french elections : by occupying all the madia-scale (strategy officially revendicated and still in progress now that's the goal is reached), - and for so being "privately friend" with all media magnas (Dassault, Bolloré, Lagardère) - which are conveniently weapons dealers as well.
In those papers and media, Segolène Royal, rather pretty in normal life, always looked like a shakespearesque witch.

Boycott The Media Murderers ! Boycott Murdoch's Myspace !

Revolution !

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Wasn't Paul 2nd in Nevada?? But a good margin??

Why are they showing him 3rd and tied??

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Nevermind their own site answered my question, Look at main link then look here.

McCain

www.cnn.com...

Paul

www.cnn.com...

Interesting they show McCain in 2nd on the main page.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   

"A presidential campaign is about cartoons"

-Roger Ailes, president of Fox News Channel and chairman of the Fox Television Stations Group. He was a media consultant for Richard Nixon, Ronald Reagan, and George H. W. Bush, as well as for presidential candidate Rudy Giuliani’s first mayoral campaign in 1989. wiki

I find this political cartoon to be very telling.

All the Republican candidates are each represented by a different parody of 'well known' cartoon characters.

McCain and his bulging salivary gland is Popeye.
Romney is little Richie Rich
Huckabee is a cross sporting Huckleberry Hound
Guiliani is Batman with a 9-11 bat signal
Thompson is Foghorn Leghorn saying "That's all Folks!"

Ron Paul is?

How man of you knew it was Calvin, from Calvin and Hobbes in his 'alter-ego', Spaceman Spiff?

Perhaps Spaceman Spiff is much more well known than I was aware of, or that is M. Wuerker being especially wry and pointed with his selections. Either way, even in cartoon form, I would rather vote for Ron Paul than any of the other Republican Candidates.

Manic Depressed Popeye, Well intentioned, but Spoiled Richie Rich, A Evangelical Huckleberry Hound, the tortured man behind Batman's mask, or a Swindling rooster Foghorn Leghorn.

Calvin/Spaceman Spiff would be my first choice out of the six.

Spaceman Spiff, "interplanetary explorer extraordinaire," explores the outermost reaches of the universe ("by popular request") in a red flying saucer with a bubble canopy

Calvin's alter egos (Calvin and Hobbes)

Very Telling, indeed.
DocMoreau

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DocMoreau

I think a better cartoon for Ron Paul would be one of those beenie caps with a propeller, and with the chin strap too tight.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
While watching the last few debates, I kept thinking how much Ron Paul reminded me of Marshall Applewhite ... the leader of The Heaven's Gate cult. Anyone else see the similarity?

Jemison

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Jemison

Good catch. He certainly comes across as anything but credible. This is why is is snubbed by the other debaters and the MSM. They are not afraid of him. They just don't care. It is so old that everyone is afraid of him.

There is a reason why everyone smiles or chuckes when he is asked a question. The Racist Paul Delusion.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I must agree with the original poster. There is clearly an agenda put forth, as demonstrated by some of this thread's participants, to discredit Dr. Paul and to smear his good name. They poke fun at his appearance. They have very little to say about Dr. Paul's viewpoints and where he stands on the issues. He is a threat to all that threatens our Constitution and our Sovereignty. He's doing some thing right for our country; the MSM would cover him like a bad case of chicken pox if he wasn't.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Wow. 3% in Florida yesterday. Next tuesday about 2 dozen states are going to conspire against Paul the nutjob on the same day ! I'm interested in him now just to see how long he continues to humiliate himself.

I want to see him on tv at least one more time with that whiny little voice saying .... constitution ..... constitution .....

BPI

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I agree with the OP. There has to be hundreds of photos to choose from. To pick a photo that clearly stands out as being different is obviously intentional.

dirtonwater. Is there something about Ron Paul's ideas or political philosophy that you disagree with? You posted 3x so far in this thread, and you really haven't said anything that discredits Dr Paul. The only person you have smeared is yourself. This is a discussion forum. Discussion is hard to do with someone who relies on name calling to make their point, if there is a point. Just calling someone a nutjob, doesn't make them a nutjob. Your posts add nothing to the discussion. Don't take my post the wrong way, my intention isn't to insult, it is to challenge you to put out more informed, well researched thoughts and ideas. I know you can do it.

The Republican race has come down to McCain, Romney, Paul & Huckabee. Most will say Pau and Huckabee have no shot, and I agree with the assessment on Huckabee. Not so fast on Dr Paul. I think we have an interesting situation shaping up here. We have an unpopular war continuing and we have serious economic concerns right now. The longer Ron Paul stays in, the more these things wear on. Ron Paul is the only one addressing these issues consistently. If the dollar really gets hit hard, Ron Paul becomes a very interesting candidate for voters to listen to. Plus, his monetary policy address the war and bringing troops home.

John McCain has admitted in the last 2 debates he has no clue about the economy. He has said he knows people and he can get managers to take care of that. Plus, McCain can't even get the support from his own party, who have labeled him a traitor to the Republican Party for his previous actions. He has appeal to independants but not enough to offset the Republicans who dispise him. I don't think McCain has crossover appeal to get the necessary Democratic vote to be successful. The more the economy goes down, the less trust people will have in John McCain.

Mitt Romney comes across as a successful business man who understands how an economy works. This image is also why people aren't totally confortable with him. He seems to change positions when necessary for his career, and people don't trust that. Mitt Romney has no appeal to the "common" man and has no appeal to independant or crossover voters.

Both Romney and McCain do however give a Democratic nomination the necessary crossover voters she needs .. I mean he or she needs ... to be successful. Ron Paul can and will get crossover votes. Ron Paul is the only one saying anything thing different.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Ron Paul is the best friend THE SILENT MAJORITY ever had. Let's not blow it THIS TIME!

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by BPI

Ron Paul is the only one saying something different. Too bad he's talking thru his tin foil hat.

This little weasal needs to bow out and let the men debate for the candidacy. I almost felt sorry for him in the debate the other night. You have this whiney little guy almost no one knows with 3 people who have a legitimite shot. Guess he is just having fun spending the money all the internet suckers sent him.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by dirtonwater
reply to post by BPI

Ron Paul is the only one saying something different. Too bad he's talking thru his tin foil hat.

This little weasal needs to bow out and let the men debate for the candidacy. I almost felt sorry for him in the debate the other night. You have this whiney little guy almost no one knows with 3 people who have a legitimite shot. Guess he is just having fun spending the money all the internet suckers sent him.

Again, nothing added of substance. Nothing that is credible.

Give me facts. Instead of just more media backwash. It's thinking like this, that really points the way to a true collapse of American thought, partially caused by media propaganda.

Watch a few real interviews with the guy, and research more sites then wikipedia, maybe go get a GED, then come back.

It's fine to disagree with a guy's stance when you know the facts, but you obviously have no clue what your talking about. Just rehashing lame subterfuge that comes off like Jay Leno's cutting room floor humor.

Maybe in fact you should re read your constitution? Then look at the rest of the candidates, and figure out who are threats and who is here for us the people.

Long Live the Constitution and anyone who will defend it during these times. Remember our country is here today because of the strength of it, it is not 1880 thinking, it gives us the people the power, it gives us the freedom to say whatever. Which protects us and guides us.

He is pro Citizen.

Oh yeah, I am in no way a tin-hat thinker. I work, pay taxes, have a college degree, but thanks for automatically labeling millions of people nuts for supporting a guy who is trying to save us before our country fails. I've done countless hours of research, I know whose for what, why, and what companies back whom. It's no wonder, that Paul has more of the citizen support (as evident with online contributions) then the rest. They are not for us, but for the companies, and wealthy. Are you wealthy?

Oh yeah, please read your history books while your at it. Focus on the fall of Rome. History repeats itself.

Then read some economic theory about money supply. Money that is printed constantly without recourse deflates its worth, we are going to experience the death of the dollar. You like that? I would like the dollar made strong again and viable in a world where other currencies have value and backing. Look at the Silver Pound compared to the dollar.

Since the Fed took over, our dollar went from being worth a dollar to being worth 4 cents. Think about it, then tell me unconstitutional amendments hold water.

Then maybe take a course into propaganda, and maybe a few about the media. Anyone who has an understanding the two, understands corrupt media agenda, because they are super apparent. It's not hard to tell.

To use an overused saying, knowledge is power.

Do some research, then come back to us. No offense, but I'm sick of the pro Paul is a loon counter campaign. Its just muckraking, its not intelligent, its just the effect of fear mongering. Sad you lack the intelligence to make your point credible. But remember this, the constitution supports your call to make dumb arguments. Wait too long, and you will not have that freedom anymore.

Thanks.

[edit on 1-2-2008 by squidboy]

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by squidboy

You are just upset because you are realizing Ron Paul is indeed a loon. And you feel foolish for sending him money.

Somone needs to make a weasly little doll with a vacant look in its eyes. When you squeeze its head it says in a whiney voice

constitution .... constitution ....

Thats all I have to say. *snip*

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 1-2-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Well when America starts caring about issues and stops electing showmen then someone like Ron Paul will get in office and fix things, until then, we will continue to elect the president based on the fact that he rolls oranges down the isle of his personal jet.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by dirtonwater

dirt, you are clueless. On the one hand you have McCain caught on camera singing 'bomb, bomb, bomb... bomb, bomb Iran' and suggesting a 100 year military presence in the region. And Romney who charcaterizes Bush as a hero yet you, in your obviously limitless wisdom, choose to characterize Ron Paul as the 'loon'.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
ads.theabovenetwork.com...

And look at the Ron Paul image here
conspiracy! working both ways LOL, nice to see ATS indulging as well

BPI

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   
dirtonwater, there is no way you are being serious with your responses. I feel you are only trying to antagonize. If you are being serious, can you list examples which lead you to believe Ron Paul is a loon? I'm assuming by loon, you are saying he has mental problems.

Please up your level of discussion, or you should just read for a while. Don't undermine the integrity of this site. People come here for intelligent, thought provoking discussion, not name calling and personal insults. Try to understand why people support Ron Paul and why people don't support Ron Paul. Then, decide which side of the equation you fall on and why. Then make your beliefs known for discussion with people who fall on the other side. You can do it dirtonwater, I believe in you. Just saying you're on one side with no explanation and calling the other side names with no explanation seems to me to be an example of a loon.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join